Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30l Plant Pots

Options
  • 06-03-2020 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise where I would be able to pick up some of these big rigid plant pots with handles? (like in the link below) My usual supplier has been out of stock for ages. They are available on Amazon/Ebay etc but they either won't deliver to Ireland or the delivery costs more than the pots. Any help appreciated.

https://www.thegardenshop.ie/plant-pots-with-handles/

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There are similar ones (with "rope" handles) in Homeland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,432 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have been searching for ordinary, bog standard plant pots, the 7 or 8 inch type and the concensus is that they are not in yet. I sent sacks full of the dratted things to the tip before I moved house, now I wish I had kept a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Ladybird37

I bought some with rope handles in Woodies, not sure if they are still in stock but might be worth a look online.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

If you want to buy on Amazon or eBay and the seller won't deliver to Ireland, you can use services like Parcel Motel or Addresspal.
    For a big item like this you would probably have to collect from Parcel Motel's depot and pay an 'oversize fee'.
    If you use Addresspal you are limited to the sizes and weights of An Post's Parcel Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

You can get 120l pots (smaller available) for €12 in brooks builders supplies.

They are basically for mixing cement, but I will be transplanting plants this year for larger growth. It amazes me how the same plastic tub can be marketed 3 or 4 times the price just because it’s aimed at gardening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can get 120l pots (smaller available) for €12 in brooks builders supplies.

They are basically for mixing cement, but I will be transplanting plants this year for larger growth. It amazes me how the same plastic tub can be marketed 3 or 4 times the price just because it’s aimed at gardening.

Aren't those the flexible ones?

But yes, I agree on the rest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Thanks all, think I'm just going to go with planting bags instead. Can get 5x36l bags for €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

These are back in stock on the garden shop just in case anyone is interested, about €8 for a 35l pot. (I have no connection to that site).

Advertisement