Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build

Options
  • 06-03-2020 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Been stuck on a laptop for a decade but now that my kids come of age I have sign off to build a machine to start her STEM education...my return to gaming being a side benefit :D

I started building on partpicker but fast exceeded my budget (as ya do), then reading here I realised theres science to this thats beyond my ken and not getting the perfect balance can be an expensive learning experience.

Hoping someone with experience can lend a hand.

1. What is your budget? [€800]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/media server]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [NO]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [crucial M500 500GB SSD)

5. Do you need a monitor? [No, well eventually but will make do with what i have for now]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] 24" FHD [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [nope]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Laser/you name it]

9. When are you purchasing? [end of this month hopefully]

Comments

Advertisement