If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 50" TV

Options
  • 06-03-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

Our TV just died - it was a samsung.
    Seeing as we didn't win your competition, we'll just need to buy one!

Had an LG before, sound was awful (but that was a few years ago, maybe it was the model)
    Open to anything that is decent though.

Looking for a 4k 50" TV with decent sound.

I just heard you price match is this true?
    If so will buy from you, still using the beautiful NAD preamp and denon speakers I bought from you 26 years ago!

Thanks,

Esho

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Esho wrote: »
    Hi, 

Our TV just died - it was a samsung.
    Seeing as we didn't win your competition, we'll just need to buy one!

Had an LG before, sound was awful (but that was a few years ago, maybe it was the model)
    Open to anything that is decent though.

Looking for a 4k 50" TV with decent sound.

I just heard you price match is this true?
    If so will buy from you, still using the beautiful NAD preamp and denon speakers I bought from you 26 years ago!

Thanks,

Esho
    Hi Esho,

Thanks for the post!

Sorry to hear your Samsung's on the blink! We can certainly sort you out with a shiny new one though!

The sound isn't great in most TVs to be honest. As they're so thin you can't fit good speakers in so they all sound quite similar. They are getting better than they used to be with better bass. The LGs would be a great starting point. I'd have a look at the LG 49UM7400 at £349 which is 4K and has a great smart hub:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204085-lg-49um7400plb-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

If you could go a bit higher in budget I would highly recommend the LG 49SM8600 at £548. It's a Nanocell TV which gives incredible colour, brightness and contrast, great motion processing and the smart hub features voice control. It's one of the best mid range 49" TVs:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204040-lg-49sm8600pla-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Top of the pile though would be the Sony KD49XG9005. It's a good bit more expensive at £899 but has probably the best 49" panel on the market as well as the Android operating system:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204033-sony-bravia-kd49xg9005bu-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know what you think of these options!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

Thanks David,

The lg around the 350 stg is my budget.

Is that the best make/model for round that price?
    The Ig I had was a few years ago, have they got better since then? It was a very poor piece of kit.

What happens if there's a fault with whatever I buy off you?

Thanks

Stefan

Thanks David,

The lg around the 350 stg is my budget.

Is that the best make/model for round that price?
    The Ig I  had was a few years ago, have they got better since then? It was a very poor piece of kit.

What happens if there's a fault with whatever I buy off you?

Thanks

Stefan
    Hi Stefan,

I would definitely recommend the LG, it's one of the best panels at that price for features and picture. The only other TV I'd recommend around that price would be the Philips 43PUS6754. It uses a microdimming panel which would give a better picture than the LG but the smart hub would not be as comprehensive as the LG:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204206-philips-43pus6754-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

All of our TVs come with a 6 Year Guarantee so if you have any issues at all just let us know and we will send an engineer to you.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi Stefan,

I would definitely recommend the LG, it's one of the best panels at that price for features and picture. The only other TV I'd recommend around that price would be the Philips 43PUS6754. It uses a microdimming panel which would give a better picture than the LG but the smart hub would not be as comprehensive as the LG:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204206-philips-43pus6754-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

All of our TVs come with a 6 Year Guarantee so if you have any issues at all just let us know and we will send an engineer to you.

Kind regards

David

Sounds good
    Still a bit iffy about lgs, but
    I'll trust your recommendation.

Just order on your site?

Thank s Dave !

Hi Stefan,

Kind regards

David

Sounds good
    Still a bit iffy about lgs, but
    I'll trust your recommendation.

Just order on your site?

Thank s Dave !
    Hi Stefan,

I do think they've massively improved in the last few years! The manufacturers seem to oscillate between who's putting out the better sets each year!

You can order via the link below for shipping to you:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204085-lg-49um7400plb-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know if you have any issues.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Ok! Thanks for that.

Forgot to ask- what is the total width of it?

Does it come with a remote?

Thanks!

Ok! Thanks for that.

Forgot to ask- what is the total width of it?

Does it come with a remote?

Thanks!
    Hi Stefan,

The total width is 973mm and it comes with a standard remote.

You can add an optional Magic remote down the line which will activate the ThinqAI smart features as well but this is an optional extra and doesn't come with the TV.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David

We'll take it!

All the best,

Stefan

Thanks David

We'll take it!

All the best,

Stefan
    Not a problem you can order it on the link David posted, when you are ready

If you need any further help with the order just give us a shout

Regards Stephen

Thanks for the recommendation.
    It is fantastic!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the recommendation.
    It is fantastic!
    Hey Esho.

You are more than welcome :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.