Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picture Frame hanging

• 06-03-2020 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi

What should I use to hang a picture frame on block wall? I know there are no cables or pipes in the area. Screw and a rawl plug? Is there something tidier?
    Wall is plastered and painted.

Sound

Frogeye

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Picture hooks. You will get them everywher. Some are plastic, some are metal. No need for screws and rawlplug unless it's a particularly heavy picture.

31Vqpxc3+IL._AC_UL320_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

awec wrote: »
    Picture hooks. You will get them everywher. Some are plastic, some are metal. No need for screws and rawlplug unless it's a particularly heavy picture.

31Vqpxc3+IL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Wouldn't use those on a block wall tbh.

The command hanging strips are good depending on how heavy the picture frame is. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Command-17204-12ES-Medium-Picture-Hanging/dp/B00LW1APOC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=command+hanging+strips&qid=1583507403&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFZOEkzT01CRFNCWjcmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxMzU0MDdTRzdQTFJDSjJWOVcmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDcxMDI4NTFYMVNBTlNGV05CUTYmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea the command strips are good but in my experience the "damage free removal" is not always true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

awec wrote: »
    Yea the command strips are good but in my experience the "damage free removal" is not always true.

I haven't had a command strip mark a wall when removing it as per instructions. However, don't put a photo frame slightly above the weight limit on one......it fell off the wall about 3 weeks later in the middle of the night, scared the sh!te out of us, and took a chunk of paint with it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Frogeye wrote: »
    Hi

What should I use to hang a picture frame on block wall? I know there are no cables or pipes in the area. Screw and a rawl plug? Is there something tidier?
    Wall is plastered and painted.

Sound

Frogeye

Is it a plain block wall or is it plastered/dry lined?

If its just plain block then you are going to have to drill and plug (unless you use a concrete or masonry nail, but you risk shattering a 9inch cavity block if thats what you have)

If its wet or dry plastered then you can use those plastic picture hooks or their metal equivalent. Often times I will just use the nail that comes with a metal picture hook, tbh it really depends on the weight of the picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

GreeBo wrote: »
    Is it a plain block wall or is it plastered/dry lined?

If its just plain block then you are going to have to drill and plug (unless you use a concrete or masonry nail, but you risk shattering a 9inch cavity block if thats what you have)

If its wet or dry plastered then you can use those plastic picture hooks or their metal equivalent. Often times I will just use the nail that comes with a metal picture hook, tbh it really depends on the weight of the picture.

Hi

Its a block wall with wet plaster.

Thanks for all the replies

Frogeye

Advertisement