Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

phog wrote: »
    I was in town last night between 8 and 9 and it was eerily quiet. /QUOTE]

Good.
    The more we keep it that way the sooner we will be out the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm working from home these days and went to Castletroy for the weekly shop yesterday afternoon.

More traffic than I would have expected but maybe they were doing the same thing I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

YFlyer wrote: »
    Jackie any reason you know why?
    River Island issued a statement yesterday, I didn't think they had pulled their online service completely but did mention a slowdown in service to protect their warehouse/distribution staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I was in Dunnes Stores, Parkway yesterday. The woman bought a huge amount of groceries. Can to something like €150. Out comes a wad of €20 notes.

Surely it would have been better to pay with a bank card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Thirty six confirmed cases in Limerick according to the latest update from the HSE. That's an increase of twelve. There are now two thousand one hundred and twenty confirmed cases nationwide. The outcome of increased numbers of tests being carried out is becoming apparent.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Thirty six confirmed cases in Limerick according to the latest update from the HSE. That's an increase of twelve. There are now two thousand one hundred and twenty confirmed cases nationwide. The outcome of increased numbers of tests being carried out is becoming apparent.

Any breakdown which towns or regions?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

YFlyer wrote: »
    Any breakdown which towns or regions?

The reports don't go into any more detail beyond county unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Already seen photos of the long queues at Tesco Coonagh in advance of midnight.

You'd swear tesco was closing. Places get daily deliveries after all.

Another announcement day, another panic buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ireland on full lockdown now for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Berty wrote: »

Another day, another panic buy.

This is the pattern across the globe when new measures are announced. It comes down to, largely anyway, people finding a way to "control" uncertainty. It will calm down again before Sunday

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: Please don't post like that again. It helps no one.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Construction going full pelt in Newtown Manor in Castletroy over the two hours. Was shut from about 4PM aa normal and now a good few vans and machines going. Thought there was helicopters overhead until the beeping started. Probably trying to finish up as much as possible before lockdown.

Absolute madness having banging and reversing trucks at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe they are taking machinery/equipment away for fear of being stolen during the lockdown period?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭893bet

bazz26 wrote: »
    Maybe they are taking machinery/equipment away for fear of being stolen during the lockdown period?

A lot more likely than what the other poster was suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

It is so quiet this morning....I haven't been out, but normally I hear the thunder of cars heading into Limerick on the Tipp road. Not a whisper.
    I need to do a big shop in Castletroy today, probably Supervalu as they adhere to good social distancing practice. I heard LIDL on the Dublin road was crazy yesterday, via this facebook post from a security officer there. A disgrace.

https://www.facebook.com/hasbadana.barbosa/posts/2507773175991580[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Berty wrote: »

Another announcement day, another panic buy.

Was over there this morning for the weekly shop. Wasn't too busy, but a big line was forming as we left around 9:00. Low stock of some meats and little to no eggs.

No liver in sight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Tesco Arthur's Quay was quiet enough at 9 this morning, just walked in. When I was leaving 20 minutes later the queue stretched to the other end of the centre...

They were fairly well stocked though.

Bit of an eerie atmosphere around town. Very few cars. I saw a couple of guards walking around too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mother Macs have boarded up the whole pub must be expecting looting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

bigpink wrote: »
    Mother Macs have boarded up the whole pub must be expecting looting

I see Ma Hogan's have done the same

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

sioda wrote: »
    I see Ma Hogan's have done the same

Looks like the pubs won’t be open anytime soon .
    Any know if fine wines are open

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

All the businesses must be boarding up so

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

Gary Owen wrote: »
    Looks like the pubs won’t be open anytime soon .
    Any know if fine wines are open

Drove past a few in Castletroy earlier. Seemed to be open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Spoke to lad in Fine wines said they wont be closing they are classed as essential service lol!

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Spoke to lad in Fine wines said they wont be closing they are classed as essential service lol!

LOL indeed.

Considering supermarkets supply alcohol.

Eoinbmw wrote: »

Local offie on the Groody Road is still open as well. Handy since Aldi closes at 8 pm.

Just left Aldi on the Dublin road. Nice and quiet. Security guard said there was a big queue this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Cant understand the off-licences being "essential" given that alcohol is an immuno-suppressant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement