Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    Cant understand the off-licences being "essential" given that alcohol is an immuno-suppressant.

It'll keep people drunk at home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Cant understand the off-licences being "essential" given that alcohol is an immuno-suppressant.

Very few off-license customers would be worrying about their auto-immune systems, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Alcohol kills viruses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The shop on upper st henry quick pick seems to be a scum magnet at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

People who drink often (or a lot) cannot just stop drinking over night. There is a significant risk of delirium and even death. I agree it's not an essential service but we can't offer discontinuation services to these people given the current crisis and as such this is what we're left with.

'Logic' doesn't always prevail with emergencies of this scale. We're shooting from the hip, in the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Alcohol kills viruses

i esp those in your throat,*hiccup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

bigpink wrote: »
    The shop on upper st henry quick pick seems to be a scum magnet at the moment

..."at the moment" ???......it's a scum magnet 24/7 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

bigpink wrote: »
    All the businesses must be boarding up so

Collins in Dooradoyle boarded up during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Considering a number of tradesmen vans in the Westbury area were broken into Thursday night I can understand people boarding up business. If the gardai stop you getting to your business regularly to check on it then you need to be proactive.

Berty wrote: »
    Considering a number of tradesmen vans in the Westbury area were broken into Thursday night...

Hadn't heard that. lowlifes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hadn't heard that. lowlifes.

Plumber was with me Friday and showed me his van, got some tools but couldn't get access to a drawer so didn't get his expensive stuff but knows others in the area that lost a lot of expensive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

What's the city like today lads ? Streets empty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

dashoonage wrote: »
    What's the city like today lads ? Streets empty ?

Packed with shoppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

There is a popular area for walking near my house that I passed while on my own walk today and observing the 2km radius.

Despite the restrictions I saw two cars parked up near the entrance. Now it's normally much busier but driving somewhere to go for a walk isn't adhering to the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

There is a popular area for walking near my house that I passed while on my own walk today and observing the 2km radius.

Despite the restrictions I saw two cars parked up near the entrance. Now it's normally much busier but driving somewhere to go for a walk isn't adhering to the restrictions.
    If the owners of those vehicles also live within a 2km radius of that place I don't see a problem, as long as social distancing is being observed. We are still permitted to drive distances of over 2km for grocery shopping. We still have to fill our cars with fuel. Many of us, particularly those living in rural areas, need to travel long distances in order to do these things and to attend medical appointments, if needs be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Smyths boarded up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Smyths boarded up.

Is it all of them in Limerick? Seen a few other businesses boarding up, reminded me of the black out we had in Harlem during the 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭Cartman78

UL Campus is completely shut down now in terms of public access.

Presumably this is in preparation for the rumoured field hospital/stepdown unit in the Arena.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Smyths boarded up.

I think that's been boarded for a week or two

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Cartman78 wrote: »

Presumably this is in preparation for the rumoured field hospital/stepdown unit in the Arena.

A lot of people go to UL to walk as well, so it could also be keeping gatherings of people away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Any word is the riverbank at plassey still open?

YFlyer wrote: »
    Any word is the riverbank at plassey still open?

UL's COTEC sent out an email this morning stating public access to the campus in any capacity is totally restricted unless you're a village resident or a listed person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Does anyone know if I could buy a radio somewhere in Limerick? Or if online shopping is still a thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

No, it’s to keep idiots away from the campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

pigtown wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I could buy a radio somewhere in Limerick? Or if online shopping is still a thing?
    Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

or powercity - online

This isn't a rumor, it is a fact. There is preparations being made to turn UL is a field hospital as we speak.
    No, it’s to keep idiots away from the campus.

Also a heavy serving of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

pigtown wrote: »
    I think the lidl brochure had a dab radio this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Ventured out and did my Supervalu shop in Castletroy yesterday. Only had to queue for about 10 minutes. Nice and quiet inside, keeping shoppers to a minimum. Only thing I couldn't get were eggs, called into a local shop on the way back home and no eggs either. Anyone else noticing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Ventured out and did my Supervalu shop in Castletroy yesterday. Only had to queue for about 10 minutes. Nice and quiet inside, keeping shoppers to a minimum. Only thing I couldn't get were eggs, called into a local shop on the way back home and no eggs either. Anyone else noticing this?

I could only get half dozen packs 6 in SuperValu last week but had no problem getting the dozen boxes there on Saturday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement