Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Ventured out and did my Supervalu shop in Castletroy yesterday. Only had to queue for about 10 minutes. Nice and quiet inside, keeping shoppers to a minimum. Only thing I couldn't get were eggs, called into a local shop on the way back home and no eggs either. Anyone else noticing this?

Yes eggs are difficult to get at the moment, firstly because I’d say everyone is baking more and secondly their was a bout of bird flu in Monaghan a couple of weeks ago which will affect supply

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

One of the big eggs suppliers in Monaghan had a bird flu case recently, so there is a shortage of eggs. We aren't running out of them or anything but there are less being supplied than normal at the moment. If you can't find them now, you'll almost certainly find them next time. I tend to eat a lot of eggs but I've switched to making water cakes if I'm baking. They honestly aren't as nice as normal egg bound cakes. But they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

When I went to my local shop they said the person before me came in and bought 6 half dozen! Now maybe they were shopping for other people, but I said to the cashier surely you should limit the amount per person if you have so little in stock.
    It was Sunday too, so I'm sure there is more back on the shelves today. I just don't want to venture out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Anyone know what is happening at the old Cleeves Milk factory in the city center construction wise?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

greenkiwi1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what is happening at the old Cleeves Milk factory in the city center construction wise?

Wrong thread. You should ask in the Limerick improvement projects thread. (the answer is nothing though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Thanks Cookiemunster but as the only construction allowed at this period in time is in relation to Covid I would have thought this was the correct thread.
    Am now looking across the River Shannon from my window in the Riverpoint apartments and something is most definitely being built in the car park....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It could be another drive thru testing centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

pigtown wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I could buy a radio somewhere in Limerick? Or if online shopping is still a thing?

If you've a smartphone, there are apps you can download like TuneIn for example

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

If you want to while away an hour or two here is an old game where you are a virus/bacteria/parasite and you have to infect the global population before the world's medical industry can develop and deploy a vaccine.

PS - It's just a game. Have fun. Flash is required - really old, I know.

https://www.kongregate.com/games/darkrealmstudios/pandemic-2

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Is B&Q open in Limerick or anywhere i can get grobags

Preferably somewhere that will deliver. But i still have to go to work and drive up the ballysimon road everyday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

tringle wrote: »

Preferably somewhere that will deliver. But i still have to go to work and drive up the ballysimon road everyday

Grobags for babies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

B&Q is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

B&Q is closed.

Is Dairygold Raheen open.?
    They supply a lot various stuff for farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭Villa05

washman3 wrote:
    Is Dairygold Raheen open.? They supply a lot various stuff for farmers.

It would be given their links to animal feed and health. I think it's only phone and Internet orders

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Coops are definitely order and collect only. The one in Parteen has been that way for a while already.

Parteen don't even you let you on the property. You're met at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Does anyone know how easy it would be to get stationery supplies, more specifically paper for printing purposes?
    Right now finishing some work from home and I bought ink as I knew I was going to need it, before the restrictions starting to come into place and everyone started closing, but unfortunately I am running low on paper and I need to finish before Friday morning.

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

tanit wrote:
    Does anyone know how easy it would be to get stationery supplies, more specifically paper for printing purposes? Right now finishing some work from home and I bough ink as I knew I was going to need, before the restrictions starting to come into place and everyone started closing, but unfortunately I am running low on paper and I need to finish before Friday morning.

Tesco Coonagh have it

kilburn wrote: »
    Tesco Coonagh have it

Thanks a million but they are outside my 2km zone, but I can definitely try the city and the Crescent in the morning. Fingers crossed

Just one question how is everybody getting on? I kinda notice people are very quiet online or is it just the forums I am in? I don't really have that much time to check things right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The 2km limit doesn't apply to travel for shopping

The 2km limit doesn't apply to travel for shopping

Thanks a million for the tip. If I cannot find the paper in the centre or the Crescent I'll go to Coonagh. Fingers crossed

I usually don't have to print when working from home or print very little, but everything seems to suddenly go a bit weird not in the best moment. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 2km limit is only for exercising, you can drive further to get food.

As said, Tesco sell reams of printing paper, I think Dunnes do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

tanit wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the tip. If I cannot find the paper in the centre or the Crescent I'll go to Coonagh. Fingers crossed

I usually don't have to print when working from home or print very little, but everything seems to suddenly go a bit weird not in the best moment. :p

I have some paper I can let you have if it's any help. I'm in Caherdavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

tringle wrote: »

Nope it's closed, only place open where you might get them is Range.

Comhra wrote: »

The lengths some will go to have someone to talk to, isn't that right Wall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Tesco in the Crescent have their hardware section closed for the foreseeable, so no paper (or water filter cartridges...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

kilburn wrote: »
    Tesco Coonagh have it

Got some there myself recently. Tesco paper... it's like printing on a silver rizla :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

tanit wrote: »
    Does anyone know how easy it would be to get stationery supplies, more specifically paper for printing purposes?
    Right now finishing some work from home and I bought ink as I knew I was going to need it, before the restrictions starting to come into place and everyone started closing, but unfortunately I am running low on paper and I need to finish before Friday morning.

Thanks a million

Soundstore doing next day delivery. I got paper from them this week.

Comhra wrote: »

Thanks for the offer, very much appreciated :)

Poorside wrote: »
    Nope it's closed, only place open where you might get them is Range.

Is Range open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

bazz26 wrote: »
    The 2km limit is only for exercising, you can drive further to get food.

As said, Tesco sell reams of printing paper, I think Dunnes do too.

Are things that bad that you’ve resorted to eating paper? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement