Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭adaminho

Are things that bad that you’ve resorted to eating paper? :eek:

Maybe thay ran out of bog roll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Is Range open?

They are in the UK definitely, because they bought some freezers and stocked them with frozen pizzas - ergo essential, because they now sell food - but I'm not sure here.

They are in the UK definitely, because they bought some freezers and stocked them with frozen pizzas - ergo essential, because they now sell food - but I'm not sure here.

I just phoned them and they are open - just for essential stuff - I didn't ask what that included, but it wasn't the craft supplies that I was looking for. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Hi all - Just wondering if theres many confirmed cases in the community around Limerick?

Trying to get a feel for where we are at at this point?

As in would there be many houses where people have it at home and are getting over it themselves etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

I am very happy to report that Tesco in the city centre is a stationery supply heaven right now. They have the very crappy printing paper, the normal crappy printing paper, the everyday printing paper, and two different types of premium printing paper plus photo printing and many other stationery supplies :D

I never thought I would get this excited with stationery supplies :p Good what a quarantine does to you :o

Thanks everyone for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Berty wrote: »

Wonder why they arent updating the recovered stats?
    shows 5 recovered and 76 dead....awful ratio

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

phill106 wrote: »
    Wonder why they arent updating the recovered stats?
    shows 5 recovered and 76 dead....awful ratio

I suppose its hard to determine when someone is recovered or covid19 free unless they are in a hospital/professional care environment. And it would require additional tests which are in high demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The other day at press conference they said as the stats become available they will release

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Coucillor Elisa o Donovan isnt happy the Council had a Covid Response team set up bit strange
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=659111764890420&id=356334035168196

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bigpink wrote: »
    Coucillor Elisa o Donovan isnt happy the Council had a Covid Response team set up bit strange
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=659111764890420&id=356334035168196

She's not upset it was setup, she's upset that she wasn't involved. Not really a good look for her either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

She's not upset it was setup, she's upset that she wasn't involved. Not really a good look for her either way.

Bit high and mighty claiming councillers are the frontline at a time like this.

I voted for her for a change and a young person.Deffo surprised by thst comment.She is doing good work but maybe trying too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Fairly sure she is a qualified doctor herself.
    Am i correct.?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

washman3 wrote: »
    Fairly sure she is a qualified doctor herself.
    Am i correct.?

Studied medicine, but doesn't look like she's a doctor.

https://www.socialdemocrats.ie/our-people/elisa-odonovan/
    Elisa lives on O’Connell Avenue and is currently in the final few months of studying to become a qualified Speech and Language Therapist.

Elisa grew up in Cricklewood in North West London to Irish parents and returned to her father’s native Limerick when she was 15. After sitting her leaving certificate at Limerick Tutorial College, she studied medicine in UCD. She lived and worked for 10 years in Dublin as Community Integration Officer with Headway, an organisation that provides supports to individuals living with acquired brain injury.

She also worked as a research and policy assistant with the Disability Federation of Ireland and completed an MSc in Rehabilitation and Disability studies from UCD. She returned home to Limerick 5 years ago to work as the acquired brain injury local area coordinator for the Mid-West.

Some clusters starting to pop up in nursing homes in Limerick now hopefully they can contain the spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

kilburn wrote: »
    Some clusters starting to pop up in nursing homes in Limerick now hopefully they can contain the spread.
    Have you a source for this info please??

august12 wrote:
    Have you a source for this info please??

My own conversation with one of the nursing homes when they rang us to inform us of positive results in residents as one of my elderly parents is a resident.

Other source is a medical professional who is working in the other nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

kilburn wrote:
    My own conversation with one of the nursing homes when they rang us to inform us of positive results in residents as one of my elderly parents is a resident.

kilburn wrote:
    Other source is a medical professional who is working in the other nursing home.

Do you know if the nursing homes are ringing the next of kin to let them know that there is this issue . My mother in law is in a nursing home in Limerick and my wife is worried that she won't know .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Hope your parent will be ok Kilbrun.

• Advertisement

Yep can confirm in our case they did ring all residents next of kins.

I imagine it's the same for all nursing homes and would be HSE directed possibly as part of contact tracing.

Hopefully above will reassure you and your wife some bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Yep can confirm in our case they did ring all residents next of kins.

I imagine it's the same for all nursing homes and would be HSE directed possibly as part of contact tracing.

Hopefully above will reassure you and your wife some bit.

Indeed it does .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I was wondering if NH contacts next of kin if there is a confirmed case, that's at least re assuring to know, but adds another worry to the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Thank you to whichever mod took that action.

Story in the leader about 3 seperate cases in the last week where people have been charged for coughing and spitting at shopkeepers and Gardai and claiming they had covid19.

Absolute scum of the earth one is only 14 hope the courts smash them.

What the f**** is wrong with people?

#Staythefcukathome and if you have to go out don't be a Muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The feral degenerates of society will always try to take advantage of times like this. Then you have the monkey see, monkey do brigade who try to make a name for themselves among their peers. They should make examples of those they catch with severe punishment as a deterrent to anyone else who thinks copying is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

better still why not get them to sanitise their local playgrounds, that'll make a show of them

Serious lack of courtesy and social distancing by the river suicide patrol last night
    Group of 4 no social distance and they didnt even stop at a narrow point to let people pass

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

give them a pass, its a tough job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Passed the cathedral in my car last night as I was just out for a quick spin in my car. Garda car was behind me, we both passed a huge group of teenagers together by the cathedral and the squad car didn’t stop to try and disperse them, just drove straight by them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement