Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

and then there's this:

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/residents-angry-at-people-parking-up-in-limerick-estate-to-go-walking/

Personally I think if people arent going to obey the guidelines, then they should have their cars confiscated

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mc Love wrote: »
    and then there's this:

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/residents-angry-at-people-parking-up-in-limerick-estate-to-go-walking/

Personally I think if people arent going to obey the guidelines, then they should have their cars confiscated

and their bikes

The amount of cycling groups still using the Windy Gap for their "exercise" is crazy, very little physical distancing happening either.

This was Wicklow on Monday

Agreed. I think its just arrogance more than anything. Same level of arrogance that has people parking in bus stops, on footpaths, on double yellow lines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Those cyclists are probably **** drivers too don't forget :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Even better, take both off them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And that is why pubs won't open any time soon. People can't be trusted. As mentioned, night 1 of pubs opening will be bedlam. As will night 2, 3, 4 and 5. The government would love to trust us to do it properly without oversight, but we've proven we can't. Says a lot really when people can't take a few weeks/months off for the benefit of the country as a whole, regardless of your personal opinions on Covid.

Great opportunity for cannabis legalisation, would bring in millions after all this is over...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We already have proper canabis legislation to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hopefully this will send a message out to others thinking of likewise:

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2020/0408/1129412-virus-court/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

bazz26 wrote: »
    Hopefully this will send a message out to others thinking of likewise:

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2020/0408/1129412-virus-court/

Hear hear, likewise make an example of one or two heading off to their holiday homes

Guards out all over the city yesterday and today asking people in cars where they are going. Hopefully the visible presence will discourage people from acting the maggot over the weekend. It would be a fright to end up stuck in lockdown for weeks more because of a surge caused by gowls on a bank holiday weekend.

I saw some picture this morning of a threatening bill posted by a 'Kilkee Residents Health Defence' telling holiday home owners to **** off or their houses would be burned down basically. The Kilkee crowd really don't seem to like Limerick people very much. Always thought you'd have to be half-batty to pick Kilkee over Lahinch anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pfft, everyone knows Kerry is nicer than Clare :D

The Kingdom is closed too though, but they havent gone to the drastic measures of the Kilkee residents.

I do know people from Carrigaholt and they've always said not nice things about the Kilkee people. Probably viceversa

Mc Love wrote: »
    Pfft, everyone knows Kerry is nicer than Clare :D

And everywhere else.

keane2097 wrote: »
    The Kilkee crowd really don't seem to like Limerick people very much. Always thought you'd have to be half-batty to pick Kilkee over Lahinch anyway.

They dislike having to rely on them for a living. They'll have their grubby little hands out again as soon as the crisis is over.

They dislike having to rely on them for a living. They'll have their grubby little hands out again as soon as the crisis is over.

How could they not love such charmers!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Mr E wrote: »
    Yep, saw that. Stay classy, Kilkee.

BVyuhEY.jpg?1

as serious as the current situation is....you'd have to admit that's very Fr Ted'ish :D

i wonder which local yokel wrote it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

fryup wrote: »
    as serious as the current situation is....you'd have to admit that's very Fr Ted'ish :D

i wonder which local yokel wrote it ;)

If a Kilkee resident gets sick ... which hospital do they go to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Probably Limerick but they would much rather Ennis but this configuration business put a stop to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

No maternity hospital in clare actually, so barring being born in the home, or on the way to hospital, god bless all those kilkee people, they were all born in limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Supervalu Corbally ffs not worth the stress going in there no matter how close it is, no point in putting signs on the ground if you don't enforce it.

People not following social distancing except a few and no in or out policy to control numbers.

It was brutal there this evening and unfortunately it was the usual demographic who don't give a crap about others.

Please for the love of god don't be squeezing all the unwrapped breads to see if it meets your fresh test when there is a global pandemic you clowns.

Are some people just totally braindead or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

kilburn wrote: »
    Please for the love of god don't be squeezing all the unwrapped breads to see if it meets your fresh test when there is a global pandemic you clowns.

This has always been disgusting and unsafe, pandemic or no. Quite why anyone would have ever bought anything unwrapped from a supermarket I'll ever know.

To be fair to Tesco, they've (finally) started wrapping all their breads now as far as I can see. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

kilburn wrote: »
    People not following social distancing except a few and no in or out policy to control numbers.

Seriously? At this point, I'd struggle to remember the last time I was in a supermarket that didn't limit numbers...

The queue to get into Dunnes Jetland around 1pm today was so long that it wrapped around the entire upper level, down the escalators into the car park below, where it wrapped around again. Very well managed, though.

Some things like that and the social distancing signs, you'd almost want to take a picture of them to remember that, yes all of this actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

le_girl wrote:
    Seriously? At this point, I'd struggle to remember the last time I was in a supermarket that didn't limit numbers...

No limits on numbers since this started drop into the car park and watch for a few minutes to see for yourself it's a total joke of a set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Limerick TD slams video of people drinking on 'party bus'

Fianna Fáil TD Niall Collins says he has reported them to gardaí

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

le_girl wrote: »

The queue to get into Dunnes Jetland around 1pm today was so long that it wrapped around the entire upper level, down the escalators into the car park below, where it wrapped around again. Very well managed, though.

Some things like that and the social distancing signs, you'd almost want to take a picture of them to remember that, yes all of this actually happened.

Dunnes Jetland is very well managed until yesterday... a 45 minute queue, very orderly, quiet and civilised until 2 female scummers in their late twenties walked past the queue and up to the security guard, gave a sob story (apparently 1 had a bad chest and the other had 5 kids at home and only had an hour to do her groceries)... management let them skip the queue. Not a glove or mask in sight...I don't know about any of you but if I had a bad chest I'd be fully masked and gloved up.

When I asked the security guard why he thinks that's fair, he replied it's up to Dunnes management.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Limerick TD slams video of people drinking on 'party bus'

Fianna Fáil TD Niall Collins says he has reported them to gardaí

A 'minority' in Rathkeale...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Travellers dont be afraid to say it..they wanted ethic minority status so we can call them that
    Be interesting to see what TDs voted for that

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Great for the sound bits is Niall. Last week it was hair cuts. Would he ever get off his ass and do something about it! Running to the leader gets nothing done about these little problems in Rathkeale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

WHEN will these vermin ( apologies to vermin) be dealt with appropriately. Lock them up on Spike Island and let them knock the **** out of each other. Ethnic Minority

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

To be fair its probably the one family like :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement