Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah but he just want's to be seen as if he's doing something , as for actually doing it , I'd have more follow through if i was constipated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

moby2101 wrote: »
    WHEN will these vermin ( apologies to vermin) be dealt with appropriately. Lock them up on Spike Island and let them knock the **** out of each other. Ethnic Minority

Democratically elected...oh, the other vermin...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Limerick TD slams video of people drinking on 'party bus'

Fianna Fáil TD Niall Collins says he has reported them to gardaí

Not so long ago since he jumped on the bandwagon and ridiculed Peter Casey for highlighting behaviour like this. A sure case of 'if the cap fits wear it' from the brave Niall.
    Did he not once present a letter in support of a convicted drug dealer to a sentencing judge.?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I was in dunnes in Henry street this week. Queued to get in but when inside it was packed. No social distance. I also went to jet land one lunch time same thing great queue outside hand sanitizer etc but packed inside. Ther should be a one in one out policy. I am not going back to dunnes again. I don’t know what Tesco is like. Anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

maryk123 wrote: »
    I was in dunnes in Henry street this week. Queued to get in but when inside it was packed. No social distance. I also went to jet land one lunch time same thing great queue outside hand sanitizer etc but packed inside. Ther should be a one in one out policy. I am not going back to dunnes again. I don’t know what Tesco is like. Anyone know.

Must say Tesco are doing a better job than dunnes.
    I’ve only been in the jet land, Coonagh cross Tesco and Tesco in the city- Tesco hands down are doing a better job. (And I’d normally not support either of em!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Must say Tesco are doing a better job than dunnes.
    I’ve only been in the jet land, Coonagh cross Tesco and Tesco in the city- Tesco hands down are doing a better job. (And I’d normally not support either of em!!)

Tesco is meticulously clean lately too. Remark worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just about to head to Aldi Dublin road. Decent size queue outside. A number of couples. Surely one of them stay in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

YFlyer wrote: »
    Just about to head to Aldi Dublin road. Decent size queue outside. A number of couples. Surely one of them stay in the car.

I saw that and went to the butcher in the parkway instead and the petrol station across from home base. Most that I needed were in both. No queues in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

tony1980 wrote: »
    I saw that and went to the butcher in the parkway instead and the petrol station across from home base. Most that I needed were in both. No queues in either.
    Been heading to petrol stations and mainly centra lately everything fully stocked no ques pop into dunnes in parkway fortnightly on a Tuesday no cues family of 5 and a dog :)

tony1980 wrote: »

Was that you in the white car that nearly knocked me down?

Seriously though. Its usually quiet at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

maryk123 wrote: »
    It's inevitable. Supermarket aisles are narrow, trollies occupy some of the available space and certain sections of the store, fruit & veg say, will normally be busier with more people coming into close contact - certainly less than 2m distance. You will see this happen in Tesco, Arthurs Quay where they are good at managing queues outside the door and at the checkout areas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

washman3 wrote: »
    Not so long ago since he jumped on the bandwagon and ridiculed Peter Casey for highlighting behaviour like this. A sure case of 'if the cap fits wear it' from the brave Niall.
    Did he not once present a letter in support of a convicted drug dealer to a sentencing judge.?

Interesting what drug dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 singmeasongy

Limerick seems to be doing well it terms of social distancing.

Wasnt about people park in awhile to see if new restrictions mean people cant hang around there.

Few chinese, kebabs , off licences not really practicing the 2m but thats more to do with the people going in together as against the shop staff. have signs up etc.

One point as I would walk through town the people begging are more in your face now as against sitting down etc. Dont think anybody carries change now but getting the have you have money so i can get a coffee, bus etc coming up to you. Really not on in these times when people are keeping a distance. Not threatening or anything but invading your space.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Dunnes Jetland is very well managed until yesterday... a 45 minute queue, very orderly, quiet and civilised until 2 female scummers in their late twenties walked past the queue and up to the security guard, gave a sob story (apparently 1 had a bad chest and the other had 5 kids at home and only had an hour to do her groceries)... management let them skip the queue. Not a glove or mask in sight...I don't know about any of you but if I had a bad chest I'd be fully masked and gloved up.
    The scum bags really show up as scum bags more in times like these. Tesco coonagh who are doing a great job with controlling the numbers in the store by the way. Some 2 yokes in PJ's and 3 kids in tow decide to show up and no controlling of the kids who were running around everyone, not a feck did they give.. I'm sure they are one of the types that feels entitled to one of the disabled spots close to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Great Gatsby

phill106 wrote: »
    No maternity hospital in clare actually, so barring being born in the home, or on the way to hospital, god bless all those kilkee people, they were all born in limerick.

Sure, what about all the Limerick people who were conceived in Kilkee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Lots sunbathing, reading, on their laptops today in the People's Park.

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Lots sunbathing, reading, on their laptops today in the People's Park.

Are they social distancing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

bigpink wrote: »
    Interesting what drug dealer?
    Porter from Castleconnell.

One of my conspiracy theory nuts friends is saying that they are no testing centres in Limerick. He looked into it...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Disgusted by some of the behavior at the supermarkets. At Aldi on Dublin road, 3 members of the same family all tried to skip the queue, one-by-one they tried it.

One of them pretended to be deaf, only to be stopped by security, laughing about it as she went to the back of the queue. Another pretended to be disabled, changing his facial expression and walk back to normal immediately after being turned away by security.

Fair play to Aldi, they never let people get away with anything and are on the ball with regards to checkouts, security etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Are they social distancing?

Not all of them are, no. Unless the groups that were together all live together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

YFlyer wrote:
    One of my conspiracy theory nuts friends is saying that they are no testing centres in Limerick. He looked into it...lol

He or she is definitely a nut there are a few testing centres not sure what they looked into......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Disgusted by some of the behavior at the supermarkets. At Aldi on Dublin road, 3 members of the same family all tried to skip the queue, one-by-one they tried it.

One of them pretended to be deaf, only to be stopped by security, laughing about it as she went to the back of the queue. Another pretended to be disabled, changing his facial expression and walk back to normal immediately after being turned away by security.

Fair play to Aldi, they never let people get away with anything and are on the ball with regards to checkouts, security etc.

No doubt a scum or traveller family

kilburn wrote: »
    He or she is definitely a nut there are a few testing centres not sure what they looked into......

He is arguing now that he was only asking a question.

Lucky I didn't call there today. Be holding back been lippy with them.

He is arguing now that he was only asking a question.

Thanks for the update from Planet Pluto :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mod note: ok so I had already infracted one poster but yet posters continue to use discriminatory language. So a ban handed out now.
    It shouldn't be news to any poster that you can't refer to people like that.

Queueing up outside Aldi, Dublin road. The queue is back beyond the length of the store.

Far too many in pairs and threes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I've done my walking along the red path in Corbally or along the riverbank out to UL, both within 2km of home. They are pretty crowded because ther choice of walk is limited, but still, no real issues that I've seen, people being careful to stay apart from each other/other groups.

There have been a few groups of teens/young 20s together, but nothing major, most people are following guidelines.

shopping (mainly Jetland Dunnes or the Lidl across the road from it) hasn't been an issue either - I might have to wait outside for 5 minutes because of the in-and-out system, but shops are well-stocked and shoppers are almost all following social distancing etiquette. Not noticing many couples together either.

In my estate, there are no kids out, which is impressive as there's normally plenty of them, and it must be tough for the parents in this weather. Lots of noise from kids coming from back gardens but that's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

osarusan wrote: »
    shopping (mainly Jetland Dunnes or the Lidl across the road from it) hasn't been an issue either - I might have to wait outside for 5 minutes because of the in-and-out system, but shops are well-stocked and shoppers are almost all following social distancing etiquette. Not noticing many couples together either.

I spent 50+ minutes in the queue in this Dunnes today. My own bad timing though.

Note to self: don't go to the supermarket anywhere close to the over 60's hour. I think they stopped the queue at one point to make room inside for the over 60's that they let in when it hit 11am. People were getting a bit grumpy waiting that long. I made sure to give the poor lad at the door a smile and a thank you, not a fun job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement