Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

Miike wrote: »
    The staff on campus will need to be approved as essential workers in maintaining essential services on campus. There are (or were anyway) still students living in on-campus accommodation when those guidelines by UL were formulated, inline with government policy. There is a skeleton staff physically on UL campus.

COTEC is just a fancy name for the UL executive committee :pac:

However, once at onset of Phase 1 teachers / lecturers may return to campus offices if they fall within the scope of the document linked above. It will not be a free-for-all rush back to the campus thought as they need to meet the guidelines on social distancing etc. Still a lot of working from home.

So before we even get into phase 1 a college in Limerick is letting teachers onto their campus, last week for meetings, this week to call in!!!? and the same for 4 days of next week...all the while the college Official body will let on they are working remotely..
    Off topic i have read underground religious meetings were taking place in Wuhan spread the virus. I dont think for the sake of a couple weeks should a government body be breaking ( bending) the rules..that is using public servant as being essential..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭2016

You should talk to NPHET and the WHO so, because they're the ones advising not using scanners not me.

Can you post a link where they are advising not to use them, as opposed to advising of their limited effectiveness?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Gentle reminder to people that there is research relating to COVID 19 ongoing on campus.
    I think people need to remember that universities aren't just oversized secondary schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Does anyone know what bike shops are open in or around town these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Cartman78 wrote: »

I think "The Bike Shop" on O'Connel Avenue is open. Give them a buzz :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭2016

The Hub, for repairs, but you'd need to call

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's a petition going around by the Limerick Cycling Campaign and the Pedestrian Limerick groups asking for more space to be given to pedestrians around the city.

We Need Space
    To enable the required social distancing during the current crisis Limerick Cycling Campaign and the Irish Pedestrian Network now call on Limerick Council to urgently implement the following:

1. Reallocate road space to people walking and cycling – widen footpaths to 3 metres and introduce a circular segregated cycle route in and around the city encompassing either Shannon Bridge or Sarsfield Bridge using cones, bollards, planters and signage.

2. Automate pedestrian signal crossings during daylight hours and increase pedestrian crossing times across the city.

3. Temporarily lower speed limits to 30 kph in urban and suburban areas.

4. Support a weekly Cyclovia event – where certain streets are closed off each Saturday to facilitate exercise and play whilst observing physical distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Does anyone know if the Revenue Office is open to public or are they only taken phone calls?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

YFlyer wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Revenue Office is open to public or are they only taken phone calls?

Thanks
    Definitely not open to the public - there was talk at one stage in April that part of the offices would be used for contact tracing phone work , that has not happened

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

topcat72 wrote: »
    Definitely not open to the public - there was talk at one stage in April that part of the offices would be used for contact tracing phone work , that has not happened

Thanks. I'll try to ring them tomorrow. Looking to get tax back from invigilating exams.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the Garda checkpoint is still there on the Ballysimon junction?

I have to go to the office tomorrow possibly to pick up some IT equipment so would like to know if I need proof, documentation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Does anyone know if the Garda checkpoint is still there on the Ballysimon junction?

I have to go to the office tomorrow possibly to pick up some IT equipment so would like to know if I need proof, documentation etc.

Can’t you just bring it with you anyway? That’s what you should be doing.

Can’t you just bring it with you anyway? That’s what you should be doing.

Ok, thanks for replying.

I'll get on to work and see if they can provide something that would suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Shouldn’t you bring it with you anyway?

not what he asked

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Drove past this half an hour ago, and they were out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your company is listed as essential and your travel or work is deemed essential too then your company's HR department should provide you with an official letter stating that. My company provided me with one straight after the lock down began but thankfully I only had to travel to site once in the last 6 weeks and didn't encounter a checkpoint that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

damowill wrote: »
    not what he asked

Fair enough but it’s possible that cartman could be stopped at a checkpoint elsewhere even if the one on Ballysimon Road isn’t operating.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/540401/five-clusters-of-covid-detected-in-mid-west-workplaces.html

One cluster originated in a pub. During lockdown. May their pints taste of line cleaner, and all their taytos be a bit soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

MarkR wrote: »
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/540401/five-clusters-of-covid-detected-in-mid-west-workplaces.html

One cluster originated in a pub. During lockdown. May their pints taste of line cleaner, and all their taytos be a bit soft.

There should be prosecutions made off the back off this, including revoking publicans license if you leave a single person onto your premises during 'lockdown'. That's actually insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Candidates for a Darwin award. Should be made work in a Covid-19 ICU ward for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Miike wrote: »
    There should be prosecutions made off the back off this, including revoking publicans license if you leave a single person onto your premises during 'lockdown'. That's actually insane.

The article mentions 42 clusters in the Mid West since the outbreak began, not since lockdown began. It then goes on to break down the 42 clusters. Nowhere in the article does it say that the cluster in the pub occurred during lockdown (Our first case was March 4th, we brought in social distancing on March 13th and didn't lockdown until March 27th).

I'm pretty sure that if the Leader believed it did happen during lockdown it would have gotten more than 5 words in the article. If it didn't occur during lockdown then no laws will have been broken.

Anyone know if the hub bike shop are open?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone know if the hub bike shop are open?

Bit late at night now. I'd say check again in the morning.

:pac:

Bit late at night now. I'd say check again in the morning.

:pac:

I expected better from you :rolleyes:

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well I saw a pub clearly open one night during the lockdown. If anyone knows the name of the pub in question above, can they PM me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭adaminho

Quick question? Now that it has gone out to 5K does anyone know if you can come in by Blackwater and walk down the bank towards the canal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

adaminho wrote: »
    Quick question? Now that it has gone out to 5K does anyone know if you can come in by Blackwater and walk down the bank towards the canal?
    There’s loads of people using the bank throughout the whole lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭adaminho

tony1980 wrote: »
    There’s loads of people using the bank throughout the whole lockdown

Cheers, It's just someone mentioned getting stopped on the living bridge. My plan is to come in by Gillogue and cross by the road bridge and back in to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I heard that the pathway was closed. Would be great if its open, lovely and peaceful there in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I am not sure about the Gillogue side but I have seen people walking up the trail across from the black bridge. I was on the UL side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement