Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The 5k is only for exercise really. You can go to the supermarket, pharmacy, etc. anywhere (within reason, of course!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Glenomra wrote: »
    Currently we are the only country in Europe with the stupid 5km restriction. Even Italy is about to allow people to travel freely within the country. Beginning to look more and more like a police state imo

In fairness if it was a police state the likes of the attendees at these big recent Traveler funerals or Gemma O'Doherty would be battered by the Gardai or just "disappear". I would say the Gardai are lenient to the point of being soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

In fairness if it was a police state the likes of the attendees at these big recent Traveler funerals or Gemma O'Doherty would be battered by the Gardai or just "disappear". I would say the Gardai are lenient to the point of being soft.

Unless you're a Debenhams worker, then they'll harass you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Unless you're a Debenhams worker, then they'll harass you.

What's that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

in Spain at the moent you can actually get a haircut, salons are allowed to take one customer at a time by appointment, which is certainly better than nothing. On June 1 Italy is allowing salons and barbers to open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭CraftySue

With restrictions easing on Monday, are there any coffee shops with outside seating open, for meeting up with friends?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

CraftySue wrote: »
    With restrictions easing on Monday, are there any coffee shops with outside seating open, for meeting up with friends?

I haven't heard of anywhere like that yet, but Arthur's Quay Park could be an option for takeaway coffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Most places aren't doing seating indoors or outdoors (Starbucks, Rift, Canteen, Tuscany) or encouraging people to stay for more than 30 minutes (Old Barracks). We wont be past the grab and go phase until restaurants are allowed to open in mid-June.

Not trying to be smart/snarky, but you could easily grab coffees from one of the many places now open (in addition to the above, Hook and Ladder, Factory etc) and go to a nearby park or carpark to chat with friends.

This also allows the coffee businesses implement social distancing and safe customer volumes whilst still being able to enjoy a coffee and a catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I have noticed people appear to get a coffee from Abbey River Coffee near the Locke Bar and then use the Locke's outside seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Obv a trek from the City, but Hook and Ladder did on Saturday anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The early bird catches the worm

B&Q must have 20 people queuing outside, store is open since 8am so obviously full inside, I can see large queues forming at here and Woodies today if it's like this already.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Berty wrote: »
    The early bird catches the worm

B&Q must have 20 people queuing outside, store is open since 8am so obviously full inside, I can see large queues forming at here and Woodies today if it's like this already.

I drove past at 7.20 ish this morning and there were people queuing outside

angeldaisy wrote: »

I hit a checkpoint on the way home, dropping wife to work nearby, if somebody told the truth that they were going to B&Q I don't think the Gardai can turn them back.

If a business is allowed open by the government and the Gardai stop people going there then there's a funny one for the lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

angeldaisy wrote: »

It's like the Next sale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

40EcaP2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I have just been in the Coop in Raheen. Queue at the front not too bad but if its one out one in they will be waiting a while. People inside browsing and wandering around so they wont be in a rush out. it is busy inside but definitely a big effort being made with social distancing and lots of signs. Peoples personal responsibility will play a big role in the lockdown exit. The "era it will be grand" attitude wont cut it anymore.

pajoguy wrote: »
    I have just been in the Coop in Raheen. Queue at the front not too bad but if its one out one in they will be waiting a while. People inside browsing and wandering around so they wont be in a rush out. it is busy inside but definitely a big effort being made with social distancing and lots of signs. Peoples personal responsibility will play a big role in the lockdown exit. The "era it will be grand" attitude wont cut it anymore.

Before the full lockdown Woodies were 35 in(specifically Nenagh but maybe it was a blanket rule in all stores) and then one out and one in rather than let's say EZ Living who are offering you to visit their store and you will be the ONLY customer allowed in there.

Woodies enraged people over the weekend by suggesting nobody under 16 could enter the store with people getting very irate on social media about it. I can imagine arguments at the doors this morning with people who were not aware.

Berty wrote: »
    Before the full lockdown Woodies were 35 in(specifically Nenagh but maybe it was a blanket rule in all stores) and then one out and one in rather than let's say EZ Living who are offering you to visit their store and you will be the ONLY customer allowed in there.

Woodies enraged people over the weekend by suggesting nobody under 16 could enter the store with people getting very irate on social media about it. I can imagine arguments at the doors this morning with people who were not aware.

Is EZ Living opened?

Is EZ Living opened?

Information about what they're currently doing on their website:
    https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/covid19-info

That's as much as I know because I got it in a newsletter from them mentioning it. Caseys sent a similar one but theirs sound more like a Digital Viewing like somebody walking around with a webcam.

Can you imagine the bottom of the Mariana Trench type pressure to buy something if you were the sole person they opened the shop for :D

'Okay, thanks... Bye.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Are laundrettes open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Are laundrettes open?

Yes, they always have been as they were always considered essential. Obviously in some cases the decision to close was the choice of the owner but they were allowed to operate if they wished.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

In city centre this am - reopenings i noted - not full - just where I passed - Daly's (lighting and electrical ) on William Street - limiting numbers in, no queue.
    Savins ( music shop) o @connell street - were directing people in one door ( the front) and out the side door onto Shannon street ( good system) - lots of POS and clear signage.
    Vodafone OCS - longish queue , ( to McDonalds at the corner) - allowing 1-2 into the unit at a time, security in place, inside of shop roped off from the counter. It's a small unit though.
    Smaller queue for Three Mobile on Cruises St, same system.
    T
    esco have reopened their Patrick St doors, and laid out a ( somewhat maze like) system of q marks all across the GF level. The cafe from upstairs hae taken a unit in the GF levelin Arthur's Quay ( in the former Paddywagon unit) , fitted out but not yet open.
    Carphone Warehouse not re-opened ( yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Yes, they always have been as they were always considered essential. Obviously in some cases the decision to close was the choice of the owner but they were allowed to operate if they wished.

The 2 on the ennis road are closed until further notice.if anyone knows of one actually opened id appreciate the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Argos are open for click and collect in Cruises St and Childers Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Argos are open for click and collect in Cruises St and Childers Road.
    Thanks have a hair clippers reserved 😁

sioda wrote: »
    Thanks have a hair clippers reserved 😁

Good luck with the back of your head. Missus was in no mood to help so went at my own head with an 8 on top and 2 on sides. Didn't do so badly, thankfully I cannot see the back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got my OH to do mine - not perfect but definitely better than being long

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was passing Starbucks in Castletroy this morning. They've rearranged the tables and added big social distance decals to the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

hi guys.
    do ye happen to know if the usual Limerick - Dublin Airport bus service with the likes of Ear Eagle/M50 etc are still running now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement