Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi guys.
    do ye happen to know if the usual Limerick - Dublin Airport bus service with the likes of Ear Eagle/M50 etc are still running now?

Your best bet is to give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks - I just checked and unfortuantley both Eir Eagle and M50 bus services seem to be cancalled at present leaving only Bus Eareann

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Do you know if we can go to Currys PC world to buy an item? I can not use "Collect in Store" option on their website.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The 2 on the ennis road are closed until further notice.if anyone knows of one actually opened id appreciate the heads up.

Have you tried calling the one in town? It’s on Thomas Street just up from Tony Clarke’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Do you know if we can go to Currys PC world to buy an item? I can not use "Collect in Store" option on their website.
    Thanks

Maybe try ringing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

sioda wrote: »
    Thanks have a hair clippers reserved 😁

This is what I came to check and for the exact same reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Have you tried calling the one in town? It’s on Thomas Street just up from Tony Clarke’s.

Yea i will tomorrow thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Are the banks open does anyone know ive not been out

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The banks have always been open, they just limit the number of people into the branches at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Yea i will tomorrow thanks.

If it's just a regular self service wash you're looking for, you could try the 24hr boxes at Whitty's or the Circle K on the Ennis Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Garda page on Facebook and Twitter put up a new post to "HoldFirm" so I guess the "Stayathome" or whatever is gone account of businesses being open.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

It seems social distancing is a thing of the past with teenagers. Did every parent just decide to open their doors yesterday and dump their kids out in unison? Just seems mad to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

The 2 on the ennis road are closed until further notice.if anyone knows of one actually opened id appreciate the heads up.
    The one next to Ryan's foodstore in Raheen on the Mulcair road is open I think, if your other options fail.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It seems social distancing is a thing of the past with teenagers. Did every parent just decide to open their doors yesterday and dump their kids out in unison? Just seems mad to me!

That's been the case long before yesterday. I've seen loads of groups of teenagers hanging around over the last 4-5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

august12 wrote: »
    The one next to Ryan's foodstore in Raheen on the Mulcair road is open I think, if your other options fail.

He's the best and the nicest. Even carries out my dry cleaning to the car!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Good news everyone! The Chicken Hut is back!

https://twitter.com/ChickenHut1/status/1263467650870652930

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's queue stretching up Roches St for it

Saw the queues on Facebook shares, people cringing at people queuing up. Hey, places have to reopen at some stage, so without hungry mouths whats the point opening, just wouldn't join a queue up the street myself but I will be driving by around 5pm so will definitely be curious to see the queue.

Would the same people cringe when Penneys opens again because that will be full of "huns" trying to get their fix of penneys.

Berty wrote: »
    Would the same people cringe when Penneys opens again because that will be full of "huns" trying to get their fix of penneys.

To be fair, it'd be the same people queuing :D

And as the laws of physics state no object large enough to consume Garlic Cheese Chips can be in two places at the same time then I say your premise is false, sir. False I say!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We cringed at the panic shopping when people queued all the way around the Childers Road retail park to get 24 rolls of toilet paper in mid March, we cringed at the queues outside Woodies at 8:00 a.m. last Monday, and we'll quite happily keep judging and cringing at all the other over-the-top queueing that happens henceforth, thank you very much! :P

• Advertisement

On the home commute I went through the B&Q car park. It's soo busy there. B&Q open, homestore and more, Halfords, Harvey Norman and Homesavers. I guess you could argue that the tile place and the 2 dealerships are open but they're not exactly doing a roaring trade one might imagine compared to the others.

Queues not long, social distancing just makes them seem longer I guess.

Queue for paint/cleaning stuff/car cleaners or Dinner box and gravy. I'd choose the dinner box right now, might wait till the tabloid photographers lose interest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

All we need now is for Enzos to reopen - got excited on Tuesday when I saw a few people inside the kitchen area but was still definitely closed up yesterday.....

I wonder if chicken hut have started taking card yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone know if there was a queue for B&Q this morning prior to opening?

Need to pick up a regular shower hose and showerhead.

I could go elsewhere. Situated at Cois Ghruda.

YFlyer wrote: »

Try homesavers

Try homesavers

Thanks. I'll give them a ring in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Not sure about Thursday morning, but was at Homesavers Wednesday morning and there was no queue for B&Q around 9.15am.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Try A&R Supplies if they're open

Not sure about Thursday morning, but was at Homesavers Wednesday morning and there was no queue for B&Q around 9.15am.

Thanks. I'll head down to Homesavers now. They're not answering the phone though.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    Try A&R Supplies if they're open

Thanks. They appear to be close.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement