Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Are you saying the government and HSE are incompetent, or the government and the HSE are opportunistically using a global pandemic to strip the population's civil liberties and deliberately prime us for total control?

Seems like you're accusing them of being idiots and evil geniuses at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

The big mistake he has made is thinking he had control in the first place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

jonski wrote: »
    And how in the name of God did these 3 manage to dictate, not only to us foolish Irish, but to almost the entire world ? Maybe we should be praising them for their empire building skills .

Thank god again , someone who finally can show us the way, tell me where I can find this trustworthy news source ? My old news soure is pushing a narative but I'm quite sure yours isn't ....not sure why I'm sure but what the hell .

I, for one, do not welcome our Vacinator overlords !

1. Watch the news from other countries, pick one, any, they're all questioning these lockdowns. RTE are not.

2. Who said anything about other news sources, go look at the actual statistics and tell me how dangerous this virus actually is.

3. https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/health/files/vaccination/docs/2019-2022_roadmap_en.pdf , A roadmap for a vaccine card (to start with) for everybody in Europe. Want to travel abroad? Lets' see that vaccine card. Want this job? Lets' see that vaccine card. Want to claim benefits? Lets' see that vaccine card. Of course it's not mandatory but do you want all these things? Lets' see that vaccine card.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mod note. Can we cut this out. Enough having without a thread full of this
    Warnings already given. Another rant on this will win a holiday .

Go outside and have a cuppa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

I’m sick of supermarkets treating me like I’m a leper. SuperValu castletroy by far the worst offender. Stand here, stand there, staff jumping out of your way.

Was carrying several awkward items when I went to the checkout. There was one lad at the other end of the checkout packing his bags. I put some things down at my end of the belt, not even on the belt, on the metal part on the end and the manchild at the tills had a meltdown. I had to take my things back off and stand there like a pleb for about 5 minutes after the other customer had left while this manchild sprayed and wiped everything down. I was told to stay on my “spot” on the floor. I was eventually allowed to put my things on the belt while he scanned the items. I moved to the pos where you tap your card. I was told to go back to my “spot” and wait. Now this fella is literally in a Perspex box with a hole in it for the pos to pay... so I played his little game, waited, paid....while he wheeled his chair about 8 feet back from the Perspex box.

I absolutely will not be back. The hysteria around this thing is laughable. I’ll remember each and every place that treated customers and their staff like this.

Shoutout to Chawkes castletroy too who make their staff wear fücking face visors.

You’re not going to space.

It's hard to take the opinion seriously of someone who can't even handle and cope with following basic guidelines in a supermarket more than 2 months into this pandemic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Mc Love wrote: »
    Lot of fecking hypercondriacs in here the last few hours. Wear a fecking mask if it bothers you people getting too close.

Also you have to be within a meter of someone and for 15 minutes or more to catch the infection.

Some people need a reality check

Oh yes, the virus just waits in anticipation, counting down the 15 minutes to pass before getting to work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lot of fecking hypercondriacs in here the last few hours. Wear a fecking mask if it bothers you people getting too close.

Also you have to be within a meter of someone and for 15 minutes or more to catch the infection.

Some people need a reality check

Facepalm

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm seeing a lot of name calling. I don't like it. If you don't agree with someone, calling someone an idiot, it a hypochondriac will not change their minds.

Warnings are over, bans next.

Mark

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Arrival wrote: »
    Oh yes, the virus just waits in anticipation, counting down the 15 minutes to pass before getting to work
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Facepalm

So you're both epidemiologists who know better than the WHO then are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Arrival wrote: »
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Facepalm
    Lol funny that you are lecturing others about needing a reality check then you spout the nonsense about the virus having a timer of 15 minutes before you can magically be infected.

Say hi to Gemma & John for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

Would you be happy to have an infected person cough in your face if it was under your 15 minute magic window?

Would you be happy to have an infected person cough in your face if it was under your 15 minute magic window?

I wouldn't be happy for anyone to cough in my face. It's quite rude and ignorant. People should be coughing/sneezing into a tissue or their sleeve and should have been doing this well before Covid 19 was even a thing. Or they should be wearing a mask.

If an infected person does coughs in your face though, it doesn't matter if they're 2m away as a cough can travel 6m and a sneeze can travel 8m. However you cannot live in fear of something that in all probability will never happen, as you'll never leave the house again.

Quite simply the WHO (you know the actual experts) say you can be within 1m of an infected person for 15 mins before you are at risk of getting the virus. It's not a magic window, it's science.

Why would I be happy? It's disgusting anyway, and I have told people in the past to cover their mouths.

I wouldn't be happy for anyone to cough in my face. It's quite rude and ignorant. People should be coughing/sneezing into a tissue or their sleeve and should have been doing this well before Covid 19 was even a thing. Or they should be wearing a mask.

If an infected person does coughs in your face though, it doesn't matter if they're 2m away as a cough can travel 6m and a sneeze can travel 8m. However you cannot live in fear of something that in all probability will never happen, as you'll never leave the house again.

Quite simply the WHO (you know the actual experts) say you can be within 1m of an infected person for 15 mins before you are at risk of getting the virus. It's not a magic window, it's science.

****ing lol. You know how they arrived at the 15 mins don't you?

****ing lol. You know how they arrived at the 15 mins don't you?

Do explain how you know better than the WHO.

Do explain how you know better than the WHO.

I'm not questioning them. I'm question your understanding of it.

Now answer my question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Now answer my question.

They’re not sperm, it’s not the survival of the fittest droplets and one infected droplet produced every 15 minutes. It’s the total of all droplets produced in 15 minutes

Now answer my question.

I don't give a damn HOW they arrived at 15 minutes. I trust however that medical experts know what they're doing when they come to these conclusions, so I'll take their advice above some randomer on the internet.

And BTW you are literally questioning them.

This thread needs a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

MarkR wrote: »
    This thread needs a holiday.

Absolutely. A permanent one.

• Advertisement

I'm reopening the thread, and the ban hammer is ready. Some people are already taking a holiday (although may not have their boarding cards yet). If you'd like to join them, please continue bickering.

This is a thread to discuss how Covid-19 is impacting Limerick.

If you want to debate the specifics of the virus, there is an entire section of boards.ie dedicated to that.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Okay then to add a bit of other conversation to this "What have you enjoyed about the lockdown?"

1. It was so quiet in the early days on the roads, little sound of traffic
    2. The birds singing which is sometimes drowned out by traffic
    3. The good weather
    4. Somehow managing to not kill each other in the household
    5. Not spending money on random stuff, didn't buy stuff online until today
    6. Spent so little on Diesel
    7. Carole Baskin killed her husband, thankful that the world now knows :D

Berty wrote: »
    Okay then to add a bit of other conversation to this "What have you enjoyed about the lockdown?"

1. It was so quiet in the early days on the roads, little sound of traffic
    2. The birds singing which is sometimes drowned out by traffic
    3. The good weather
    4. Somehow managing to not kill each other in the household
    6. Spent so little on Diesel
    7. Carole Baskin killed her husband, thankful that the world now knows :D

7. Spoiler alert - some of us havent watched it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

7. Spoiler alert - some of us havent watched it yet

Spoiler alert about "Don't F*ck with Cats" is coming next.
    somebody f*cks with a cat

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I'm probably one of the few that is thoroughly enjoying the lockdown. Obviously not the deaths and people who've been affected by the virus. I was a little pissed off about being on mandatory leave at first but its been so good to have the last few weeks off and to recharge the batteries. I was always busy with work and seeing friends and family and just the pure effort of it.

Now we've had the time to get a puppy which I've wanted for years but haven't had the time, being able to be home to tend to it's every need although he does piss me off but he's absolutely adorable. I've the time to train him and its going incredibly well.

Im loving how quiet it's been although it's starting to get a bit busier these days. That said I'm looking forward to going back to work and im hopeful that people attitudes might have changed for the better. I definately appreciate my job more

I have tried to get to woodies and B&Q for a few bits but the queues are still too long for my liking. Hopefully in the next week or two it won't be as bad.
    Hope everyone is staying safe

Positivity. I like it.
    • I've been saving money on travelling in and out of work every day
    • Saved on all the coffee and food I buy in work
    • Finally getting use of our dining room / now home office
    • Never been so popular in work (IT guy) :-)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lots of positives for me.
    • Get to see my kids every single day
    • Get to teach my kids
    • Get to sleep in until 8 every day.
    • Don't have to drive 180km round trip to work
    • Get to do me work
    • Get to do more cooking
    • Get to train when I want, as opposed to 5am or 9pm before or after work.
    • Get to do the garden, grow my veg.
    • My stress levels are way down.
    • I'm down around 4 kgs

Negs:
    • Not seeing my parents.
    • My kids not seeing their friends
    • Not going to matches.
    • Not going for a pint
    • Not meeting my mates.
    • Not just doing what I want to do when I want to.
    • The rise of so much negativity and experts online.
    • People dying from this virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Berty wrote: »

You've broken the seal now... That's just the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Was out for a cycle yesterday and saw two Gardai on bikes doing a temporary checkpoint outside Corbally United ground. First one I've seen in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

osarusan wrote: »
    Was out for a cycle yesterday and saw two Gardai on bikes doing a temporary checkpoint outside Corbally United ground. First one I've seen in a while.

That'd be on the fastest route to Killaloe for a lot of us. Could be a tempting location with the weather promised for this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement