Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

cnoc wrote: »
    When will Shoe shops reopen?

Most are opening 8th June (next Monday)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Many angry people in my area today. Followed the lockdown rules scrupulously. Angry at varadker and Harris at not condemning yesterday's Dublin march. One person missed out on their sisters funeral as they complied with the rules. Decided as a group today to get on with their lives as normally as they can. One couple headed off for ballybunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Glenomra wrote: »
    Many angry people in my area today. Followed the lockdown rules scrupulously. Angry at varadker and Harris at not condemning yesterday's Dublin march. One person missed out on their sisters funeral as they complied with the rules. Decided as a group today to get on with their lives as normally as they can. One couple headed off for ballybunion.

I have to agree with them. Everyone at that March yesterday is an absolute moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

I have to agree with them. Everyone at that March yesterday is an absolute moron.

And to make it worse there are gob****es organising one for AQ park this weekend as well :rolleyes:

Blaze420 wrote: »
    And to make it worse there are gob****es organising one for AQ park this weekend as well :rolleyes:

It's embarrassing but it'll be a smaller bandwagon here than the one rolling around Dublin yesterday.

• Advertisement

It's embarrassing but it'll be a smaller bandwagon here than the one rolling around Dublin yesterday.

Shouldn't be allowed full stop - park should be closed and gardai on standby with zero tolerance for anyone attempting to gather. Selfish virtue signalling pricks to even contemplate it when we are just coming out of Phase 1.

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Shouldn't be allowed full stop - park should be closed and gardai on standby with zero tolerance for anyone attempting to gather. Selfish virtue signalling pricks to even contemplate it when we are just coming out of Phase 1.

I would love to see that but then they'd be accused of being racist.

I would love to see that but then they'd be accused of being racist.

Peoples feelings don't have priority over safety of the public, especially during a pandemic. Hopefully the Council or Gardai put their balls on and put an absolute dead end Nope on this idea before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What's happening in America is truly horrifying and shocking but it is galling for those who have abided by the strict lockdown rules in this country to see people blatantly crapping all over the almost flattened curve by going on a protest stroll for the sake of a few likes on Instagram.

I'm not sure the oppressed minorities in places like Atlanta and Baltimore will take any comfort from the fact that a bunch of people are mooching around in the Phoenix Park, Arthur's Quay etc. in the middle of a pandemic.

No pandemic no problem but people have to get their priorities right. If people feel that strongly about BLM then let them make a donation to charity or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Professor Luke O'Neill just saying you have 19 times less chance of getting the virus outdoors compare to indoors. However he said everyone should still be 1 metre apart and wearing masks.

Sadly the nutters that are organising the protest be against the idea of encouraging people to wear masks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm going to end up with agoraphobia because of these dopes.

Pitches in UL South Campus are open up for non contact activities.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Pitches in UL South Campus are open up for non contact activities.

Great news...thanks for sharing.

I'm guessing the grass pitches nearer to the Arena are open as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Has anyone noticed far less people wearing masks in supermarkets in the last few days compared to two weeks ago? I thought so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Comhra wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed far less people wearing masks in supermarkets in the last few days compared to two weeks ago? I thought so anyway.

I've noticed more in Supervalu Castletroy since Harris recommended wearing masks in public places but on the flipside more and more people in the store seem to forget about social distancing when they stand right beside you in the aisle.

Have had to walk away from a few things over recent weeks because someone plonked themselves less than a foot from me whilst they stare into fridges.

I dont mind people walking by me at close range because it's only a few seconds but I dont want to stand beside someone for a prolonged period of time if I can step aside and wait.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Great news...thanks for sharing.

I'm guessing the grass pitches nearer to the Arena are open as well?

There was the grass pitches that has the cricket/hammer cage and where the Kennedy Cup be held. Also around the perimeter of the all weather pitches in McGuires.

Great that from Mon next, anyone can travel freely within their county.

The lucky b*stards in Corbally can pack their cars and hit Kilkee or Lahinch, Spanish Point or Doolin.

Me living in Caherdavin, I can head for Cappamore, Doon, Kilmallock, Croom, Newcastle West, Bruff. Whoopee!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Me living in Caherdavin, I can head for Cappamore, Doon, Kilmallock, Croom, Newcastle West, Bruff. Whoopee!!

I'm happy enough, because at least it puts Cratloe Woods and Gallows Hill back in range. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Only those across the bridge from munchins are in Clare so not all Corbally. My mother, being in Shannon banks will be heading to the beach of a day soon. I'm also over the border so can head west should I feel like it also.

Then again, who is going to stop anyone going anywhere? Checkpoints? When was the last time you saw one?

Berty wrote: »
    Only those across the bridge from munchins are in Clare so not all Corbally. My mother, being in Shannon banks will be heading to the beach of a day soon. I'm also over the border so can head west should I feel like it also.

Then again, who is going to stop anyone going anywhere? Checkpoints? When was the last time you saw one?

March or maybe early April. Same spot both times for the 2 I saw

• Advertisement

The lucky b*stards in Corbally can pack their cars and hit Kilkee or Lahinch, Spanish Point or Doolin.

Maybe you could argue that Shannon Banks is in Clare. But Corbally?

I haven't seen a single checkpoint at all, but then I stayed local throughout the lock-down - just the grocery shopping etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

And don't forget Rathkeale...:p
    A 'sight to behold' over the last few months, according to a close friend who does daily deliveries out there.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Maybe you could argue that Shannon Banks is in Clare. But Corbally?

There's confusion re Corbally. I blame the estate agents.

AFAIK, no part of Corbally is in Co. Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I'm happy enough, because at least it puts Cratloe Woods and Gallows Hill back in range. :D

Sorry, we’ve taken in the roads in Cratloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

As you cross the bridge you are in co. Clare .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Penney's opening on the 12th of June, the 15th for the Cresent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There's confusion re Corbally. I blame the estate agents.

AFAIK, no part of Corbally is in Co. Clare.

It was always marketed as far back as the 70s as Corbally limerick yet you're right it is actually knockballynameath Parteen co Clare.

You can use both addresses. I know this from living there , both addresses will receive post, may also benefit insurance using Co Clare of course.

But yes , over the bridge there, those folks can head anywhere in Clare and up to 20kms into limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

For the last 3 weeks only if I went by the tunnel. You will see them near beaches I say

• Advertisement

Fairly significant queues for the McDonald's drive thru in Castletroy the last couple of days....they even have a couple of people to marshal the traffic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement