Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

People should consider also you've to pay for outdoor seating in a rate to the council. Having space doesn't actually mean you can automatically use it.

Berty wrote: »
    People should consider also you've to pay for outdoor seating in a rate to the council. Having space doesn't actually mean you can automatically use it.

Not any time soon I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Mc Love wrote: »
    Whoever has the list are remaining tight-lipped but at least three traders are know. Tony Clarkes, O'Connells Butchers (Paul Craughan) and O'Connells Menswear (Mike O'Connell).

You can add cornstore to that list. Completely opposed to any changes on Catherine street.
    We need to boycott these places and let it be known why.
    The city is for everyone, yet these chronies repeatedly block any progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

martyc5674 wrote: »
    You can add cornstore to that list. Completely opposed to any changes on Catherine street.
    We need to boycott these places and let it be known why.
    The city is for everyone, yet these chronies repeatedly block any progress.

Where did you see that?

Passed Penney's at 8:10am and lost sight of the queue turning by old Dunnes. Missus thinks queue could snake back around the block and meet itself as it doesn't open till 10:30am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Passed Penney's at 8:10am and lost sight of the queue turning by old Dunnes. Missus thinks queue could snake back around the block and meet itself as it doesn't open till 10:30am.

Passed at 5.45am and the queue was going around the corner to the side door Burger King.

Passed at 5.45am and the queue was going around the corner to the side door Burger King.

Saw a few with blankets on them alright so figured as much, some lad on social media had interviewed a girl and she was going on about how her 4 kids are naked. :pac:

Summer was here recently but not enough luminous clothing was around, all sorted now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

you need to seriously sit down and have a chat about where your life is going if youre queuing for pennys

Saw a few with blankets on them alright so figured as much, some lad on social media had interviewed a girl and she was going on about how her 4 kids are naked. :pac:

Summer was here recently but not enough luminous clothing was around, all sorted now. :D

Yeah you had some people in there since midnight. Crazy stuff like, especially Penney's when their clothes are cheap tat of poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,311 ✭✭✭✭phog

I saw a tweet last night calling the business owners that have objected to the plan as a cabal, it came from one of the "new" accounts that are cropping up to try garner support for pedestrianisation and increase cycling infrastructure - I mean there are cabal too like :pac::pac:

They're unelected, self appointed and the curators are sometimes anonymous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Limerick Leader reporting that Penney’s had to open early due to safety reasons.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

dashoonage wrote: »
    you need to seriously sit down and have a chat about where your life is going if youre queuing for pennys

Some people aren’t as affluent as your good self.

greenkiwi1 wrote: »
    Limerick Leader reporting that Penney’s had to open early due to safety reasons.....

A few of them had to open early as the queues were too long and from the pictures there was no social distancing enforced for the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Some people aren’t as affluent as your good self.

To be fair unless you've kids who have outgrown everything, lost everything in a fire/incident, or just moved into a first house, you could probably wait a few days instead of queuing in the rain from 4am.

It's not as if it's the Christmas sales where you snooze you lose on a bargain, Penneys will still be churning out clothes in the coming weeks.

Plus everyone is meant to be avoiding crowded places unless absolutely necessary.

pigtown wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

I cant share a link because he is too cute to come out publicly - but he has been lobbying at least one councillor saying it absolutely must not happen.
    It ought to be known - but hes too cute to be public about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

phog wrote: »
    I saw a tweet last night calling the business owners that have objected to the plan as a cabal, it came from one of the "new" accounts that are cropping up to try garner support for pedestrianisation and increase cycling infrastructure - I mean there are cabal too like :pac::pac:

They're unelected, self appointed and the curators are sometimes anonymous.

What new account was it? It's only two streets on Catherine st and some down by the quays as you'd expect that will be pedestrianised. The businesses that are complaining about it wont be impacted

I cant share a link because he is too cute to come out publicly - but he has been lobbying at least one councillor saying it absolutely must not happen.
    It ought to be known - but hes too cute to be public about it.

They're not even on Catherine St.

What new account was it? It's only two streets on Catherine st and some down by the quays as you'd expect that will be pedestrianised. The businesses that are complaining about it wont be impacted

And most of the businesses complaining are already benefiting from pedestrianization/traffic calming- sounds like they dont want their competitors having similar benefits afforded to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭adaminho

And most of the businesses complaining are already benefiting from pedestrianization/traffic calming- sounds like they dont want their competitors having similar benefits afforded to them.

The worst thing about it is it's only for a few months to trial it and get the city back on it's feet. If it's not working after 3 months then complain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone know what's the story at the moment in NCW? I hear there is a funeral on there this evening that is expecting big crowds. Need to drive through it later and wondering if I should avoid it? Garda checkpoints and all there this morning.

So much for social distancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's probably a cultural thing. ;)

bazz26 wrote: »

Thought that was Rathkeale??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They don't all live or are from the one place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

bazz26 wrote: »

Very cultural from what I hear. Was wondering what the Garda presence was about and the aunt told me. Supposedly a marquee and all being put up.

Just off the main Limerick road so hopefully all will have died down when I'm passing through later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Jesus didn't take long for the door to door sellers to get back working

Phonewatch super spreader in the making.

kilburn wrote: »

They were around our estate for about 2-3 evenings this week. Took a shaking to get off the doorstep, only opened the door because I was expecting a few parcels.

Everyone's feeling the pinch, so I dont think people who lost their jobs/businesses will take too kindly to cold callers at this time.

kilburn wrote: »

They were around our estate for about 2-3 evenings this week. Took a shaking to get off the doorstep, only opened the door because I was expecting a few parcels.

Everyone's feeling the pinch, so I dont think people who lost their jobs/businesses will take too kindly to cold callers at this time.

They called to my neighbour, they werent wearing any phonewatch jackets and were driving a red Golf. Gardai have had reports of them casing places.

They called to my neighbour, they werent wearing any phonewatch jackets and were driving a red Golf. Gardai have had reports of them casing places.

Our two had ID badges, folders and promotional material. One was clearly on training as well, the other was leading and they were listening and nodding. Phone Watch branded car parked up in the estate as well the few days the two were around.

This was in Ballyclough, they told my neighbour that the neighbour across the way just had theirs installed in the last few weeks, when they've had it over a year.

Gardai appreciated the info anyway as there's been a few break in's

• Advertisement

Ah the auld "everyone is buying it, why don't you" but I will say after working in sales for a long time that I would never ever do B2C (consumer) sales because it's such a hard job and with such a high turnover they end up repeating calls the previous person did just to get a bite from somebody. In sales they say to get 20 quotes you have to do 100 calls and out of those 20 quotes you might have a conversion rate of up to 25% but that in business to business, I cannot even imagine what B2C is. I guess you need a certain personality to do it. It's hard enough dealing with people in business with cold calls let alone people in their own homes.

On the Covid19 thing, businesses still need to get back operating but I can imagine some households screeching on the doorstep that they are trapsing the virus from door to door. I know one woman who was calling the Gardai at least once day reporting her neighbours getting visitors, imagine knocking on her door. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement