Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Berty wrote:
    On the Covid19 thing, businesses still need to get back operating but I can imagine some households screeching on the doorstep that they are trapsing the virus from door to door. I know one woman who was calling the Gardai at least once day reporting her neighbours getting visitors, imagine knocking on her door.

That's mad alrighton the neighbours calling the guards.

On door to door salespeople while there are cases no matter how few they shouldn't be going door to door, I can't go back to work yet due to regulations and these clowns can go door to door madness.

I am going to have to go outside and shake my fist at the clouds again...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get a Ring door bell lads, you can then ignore them or give them dog's abuse from the comfort of somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Does anyone know if Zara in the crescent is reopening? They've reported store closings in Ireland but haven't specified which stores.

I have some returns so I'll keep and return in store if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Zaras owner announed it is closing stores globally but they own other businesses as well including concessions as well. Could be Zara, could be Bershka, could be Stradivarius(by my wifes reckoning a way better shop than Zara), then there is Pull and Bear and Massimo Dutti.

There's 24 stores in Ireland so you never know, take Newbridge for example, they may take Stradivarious and move it into the Zara store(even though that's not even big enough). For Limerick it's either stay or leave, can't see any consolidation.

Zara would be a big loss to the crescent, and although the staff seems to love working in mess, it does draw a big crowd however untidy the womens section is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I read that most of the stores closing are not actual Zara stores and will mostly be in Asia so I wouldn't worry.

Haven't heard when they're reopening though. You'd imagine not too long now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

le_girl wrote: »
    I read that most of the stores closing are not actual Zara stores and will mostly be in Asia so I wouldn't worry.

Haven't heard when they're reopening though. You'd imagine not too long now.

Shopping centers reopen on Monday, so I'd assume then.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

[QUOTE=Berty;113724891Zara would be a big loss to the crescent, and although the staff seems to love working in mess, it does draw a big crowd however untidy the womens section is. :D[/QUOTE]

It's always a tip! Clothes on the floor, thrown everywhere. I've never seen it in any of their other stores that I've been in! Hopefully they will be open with the rest of the stores next week anyway.

I've heard that a few stores in the Crescent are closing, but won't say here until it's been announced officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi folks, broadband died here in SCR Limerick. Anyone with similar issues?

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    I've heard that a few stores in the Crescent are closing, but won't say here until it's been announced officially.

Well Mothercare is definitely gone and it was said in another thread that Tony Connolly were closing their Crescent store.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Well Mothercare is definitely gone and it was said in another thread that Tony Connolly were closing their Crescent store.

Connolly moving out of the Crescent was happening before Covid19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

moby2101 wrote: »

We're fine here (city centre, Virgin Media).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

moby2101 wrote: »

Corona virus thread ... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Cherrycoke wrote: »

Warehouse Oasis went into liquidation a few weeks back, big hit to the Shaws store if they pull the concessions out.

Warehouse Oasis went into liquidation a few weeks back, big hit to the Shaws store if they pull the concessions out.

Oasis is gone from BTs as well so a few of the concessions upstairs have moved down to fill the space.

yop wrote: »
    Corona virus thread ... :P

Oooh dear I thought I was posting in the General thread....
    I do apologise

Berty wrote: »
    Oasis is gone from BTs as well so a few of the concessions upstairs have moved down to fill the space.

Heard earlier that BT have lined up a number of new major franchises and brands for Limerick and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ulsen

Anyone know why there is such a high rate of suspected Covid-19 cases in Limerick awaiting results in comparison to the rest of the country. Yesterday was 74, the day before 48- these numbers are even higher than Dublin, is there a cluster somewhere?

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid-19-daily-operations-update-2000-16-june-2020.pdf

ulsen wrote: »
    Anyone know why there is such a high rate of suspected Covid-19 cases in Limerick awaiting results in comparison to the rest of the country. Yesterday was 74, the day before 48- these numbers are even higher than Dublin, is there a cluster somewhere?

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid-19-daily-operations-update-2000-16-june-2020.pdf

For Limerick read Limerick, Clare and Tipp. UHL is the only acute hospital in the Midwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ulsen

Galway has a large catchment area as well, but only has 11 awaiting results, Cork doesn't have any, 74 awaiting results in Limerick, seems alot by comparison, even taking into account some of Clare, and some of Tipperary.

Galway has a large catchment area as well, but only has 11 awaiting results, Cork doesn't have any, 74 awaiting results in Limerick, seems alot by comparison, even taking into account some of Clare, and some of Tipperary.

Unless they turn into positive cases it means SFA. Limerick has had 1 positive case in the last 4 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

It might be because if croom. It’s Getting back to doing regular clinics and surgeries again and all patients needing operations/cast changes etc have to get a Covid test. My child needed a cast 3 weeks ago and we had to get a regular test through our GP but for the next cast we were told that croom will do the test themselves.

Croom would be the orthopaedic hospital for a large catchment and whereas previously tests would have gone through the Local GP and be in different counties now they will all look to be from limerick.

We’ve been attending for the past few weeks and every week it’s been busier and busier So I’d assume they are trying to get back to some form of normality

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That has actually been the case in all the reports stretching back weeks, you can find them here:

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/

I don't have any explanation for it but, yeah - for weeks and weeks that graphic has shown Limerick with a relatively huge pile of suspected cases so I don't think it's some new issue or suspected outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

1 Limerick case geographically denotified in this evenings DoH Report.

Was in B&Q, Woodies and Homebase this morning, B&Q have the best set up for Social Distancing but Jaysus wept give someone a walkie talkie and put them in charge of a till queue and they turn into a right Sergeant Major.

Guy managing the queue was a total dose barking get back at people if you have the 2m squares on the ground people will generally follow the rules but you have to wait for this guys permission to move to the next sticker and if you move when it's clear and he hasn't told you too whoah calm down dude!

At the till the guy on the counter was really young and obviously terrified of catching anything, I was treated like I had a combination of Covid19, Leprosy and Ebola, behind a plastic screen and still being told to stand back.

Anyone that nervous shouldn't be on a till. Common sense must prevail with some employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Glenomra

kilburn wrote: »
    Was in B&Q, Woodies and Homebase this morning, B&Q have the best set up for Social Distancing but Jaysus wept give someone a walkie talkie and put them in charge of a till queue and they turn into a right Sergeant Major.

Guy managing the queue was a total dose barking get back at people if you have the 2m squares on the ground people will generally follow the rules but you have to wait for this guys permission to move to the next sticker and if you move when it's clear and he hasn't told you too whoah calm down dude!

At the till the guy on the counter was really young and obviously terrified of catching anything, I was treated like I had a combination of Covid19, Leprosy and Ebola, behind a plastic screen and still being told to stand back.

Anyone that nervous shouldn't be on a till. Common sense must prevail with some employers.
    Brilliant.!!!! A lot of little Napoleons around. Met another in a city phone shop yesterday. Needless orders about where to stand. So I annoyed him with frivolous chat.. and he wasn't a talker!!!

I had the displeasure the other morning of the B&Q queue controller as well. Nasty rude girl. I gave it back to her as good as I got.

They've too many markings and signs by the tills, had one till open but 2 potential queues, silly really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Now that the guidelines are to wear masks in shops you'd hope that kind of thing won't be such a worry for the cashiers going forward, with customers wearing masks and the plastic screens they're fairly safe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Small lad, baldy head, beard and tattoos?

Small lad, baldy head, beard and tattoos?

No different guy unless he used a sample of miracle grow on his head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fair play to all of you for giving out about people that are A. Doing their job, and B. Following guidelines to keep everyone safe.
    Was just in Dunnes Childers road and it was very busy, queue was very short, inside was busier than I've seen it in a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement