Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What's the set up in the Loche Bar? Do you text the bar staff for service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

YFlyer wrote:
    What's the set up in the Loche Bar? Do you text the bar staff for service?

Smoke signals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

People with genuine claustrophobia would have difficulty wearing one.

I find them very uncomfortable (I can't handle breathing in warm air for a prolonged amount of time, if my head ends up under the duvet at night I wake up) but I put up with the mask when I'm shopping so I can understand someone with diagnosed claustrophobia having issues.
    Maybe the plastic shield type of face protector that you see retail staff wearing might suit you better.

Few observations from the week.

Dude in a suit filling his car in Circle K Caherdavin with a visor on more like extended sunglasses that go down to chin, anyway wears the visit while filling petrol, wears it walking in to pay takes it off at the door and walks around shop with it off then puts it back on outside the shop door.....

Same trip guy going in realises crap no mask pulls his t-shirt up over his face to cover his nose and mouth, at least he tried but you can't unsee what was left uncovered.

Particular offie in Corbally not encouraging or advising mask use.

Shop on Nicolas St same crack.

And finally if you are good enough to follow advice to wear a mask throwing them on the ground afterwards is a filthy disgusting habit.

On above posts regarding medical conditions that don't require wearing masks and not finding any, hse website strangely enough has this info.

If you have breathing difficulties, intellectual disabilities or are unable to put one on or off yourself you are exempt.

Now back to shaking my fist at that damn strange shaped cloud outside

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

kilburn wrote: »

Same trip guy going in realises crap no mask pulls his t-shirt up over his face to cover his nose and mouth, at least he tried but you can't unsee what was left uncovered.

Heard something similar on Thursday. Guy was picking up items at a filling station while covering his face with his t-shirt. Mate couldn't stopped laughing watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭AnonZen

Regional Utd reporting a positive case associated with the club. Ceasing activities until next Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm really questioning why amateur clubs are operating at all, it's only a hobby. No point risking you health and that of your family and friends over it.

There might be some discussion to be had over professional clubs as many people, not just players, depend on them for income.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

I'm really questioning why amateur clubs are operating at all, it's only a hobby. No point risking you health and that of your family and friends over it.

There might be some discussion to be had over professional clubs as many people, not just players, depend on them for income.

the virus isint going anywhere in the next year. we need to learn to live with it for now. clubs are taking the right precautions and are actively monitoring players (as best they can). Its an acceptable level of risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Are Dublin Coach (Green Bus) still operating?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

As someone who coaches kids I initially felt the same as yourself before we returned playing. Now I'm ok about it. Although there is risk I feel its minimal. Nothing beats the look of joy on the kids faces to be back training and playing a bit. To be honest it was good for myself as well. The virus is going to be around for a while, we're going to have to learn to live with it and do the best we can to stay safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We can take some hope in that the recent mutation of the Virus in Europe seems to be less "vicious" but nonetheless is still able to travel between people a lot and infect them but seems to be not killing as many as before. So we're really on a case war now with the virus because we're testing so much and watching numbers, judging people and often pointing fingers about who is doing what or not doing it, who is infected, which house on your street has/had it etc

Somebody argued to me today "Well if we test less, we have less cases and what do cases matters anyway let us all catch is sur if it's not as bad now as before' " but unfortunately a healthy and able body can catch it and fight it, maybe not even know they have it, but they can pass it to somebody who cannot fight it as well.

As much as I'd like to be in the camp of "let's get on with it" there are many vulnerable people out there still and always will be and should they not be also protected as well? Can we just lock them all away?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

damowill wrote: »
    Are Dublin Coach (Green Bus) still operating?
    Nope, still closed. They might never return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

As someone who coaches kids I initially felt the same as yourself before we returned playing. Now I'm ok about it. Although there is risk I feel its minimal. Nothing beats the look of joy on the kids faces to be back training and playing a bit. To be honest it was good for myself as well. The virus is going to be around for a while, we're going to have to learn to live with it and do the best we can to stay safe.

In similar position as yourself and share your thoughts too.
    I do think though it should stop short at matches- training and camps etc all fine if done right but I’m not so gone on the necessity for playing under age matches in different clubs. It implicates such a huge additional network should a +ive case be identified.
    Just my opinion of course- we will be living with this damn thing for a long while yet.

20 cases today in Limerick.

I have heard loads of stories of people in Limerick and Clare waiting on tests or test results and going to play matches or going to the crescent wearing a mask and testing positive in the last ten days my source is a hse employee involved in testing so it's accurate.

Jesus Christ I sometimes despair for people if you can't stay at home for a few days till you get your results your some clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,399 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Today, out of 190:
    48 are in Kildare, 46 in Dublin, 38 in Tipperary, 20 in Limerick, 7 in Clare and the rest of the 31 cases are in Carlow, Cork, Kerry, Kilkenny, Laois, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Waterford, Wexford and Wicklow

20 is high

• Registered Users Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I see some bad things by a certain blogger at times (courtesy of GF's phone)

Goes for dinner in Lough and has drinks there too and is also in 101 that night too (hardly getting food there too)

This kind of stuff leads to needless overcrowding surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭adaminho

callaway92 wrote: »

Goes for dinner in Lough and has drinks there too and is also in 101 that night too (hardly getting food there too)

Do you have proof they didn't get food in 101? What's the problem? They're perfectly entitled to go to more than one place in an evening. If they booked tables it doesn't lead to overcrowding it just means venues are full! I can't see what the problem here is apart from jealousy on your part! (By the way I don't know who you're on about so no bias.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

callaway92 wrote: »

Jesus, this post epitomizes the attitude amongst the hand-wringers and curtain-twitchers out there. Unless you have evidence to the contrary, that individual (and the establishments) are doing nothing wrong. Big deal, the person in question went to more than a single venue on a night out, get over it. Or maybe we should introduce yet more legislation to curtail peoples movements to a single venue :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My wife's colleague told her that her husband went with friends to a large establishment on O'Connell Street and was asked if they wanted a table for food or one for drinks. This is about 2 to 3 weeks ago. They went with the drinks option, didn't have any food just pints, his wife was not happy when he let that slip, she's frontline HSE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

adaminho wrote: »
    Do you have proof they didn't get food in 101? What's the problem? They're perfectly entitled to go to more than one place in an evening. If they booked tables it doesn't lead to overcrowding it just means venues are full! I can't see what the problem here is apart from jealousy on your part! (By the way I don't know who you're on about so no bias.)

I believe I know who they’re on about. The same individual had 3 or 4 “substantial meals” in various establishments around town on the Bank Holiday Monday, and didn’t pay for a single one of them because they are one of these “influencers“

• Advertisement

adaminho wrote: »

Nah - Just fairly obvious they're not getting food there. They have no problem posting up the food photos in the first place they go; none in the second then.

Doesn't take a genius to work it out. I know that upsets you, but it's clear. Hypothetically if they're having dinner (incl. dessert etc) in Lough as 8pm, they're not having another meal in 101.

Definitely no jealousy, my god!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

My wife's colleague told her that her husband went with friends to a large establishment on O'Connell Street and was asked if they wanted a table for food or one for drinks. This is about 2 to 3 weeks ago. They went with the drinks option, didn't have any food just pints, his wife was not happy when he let that slip, she's frontline HSE.

Pubs that don't sell food not happy either, what a ****show.

To be fair, with the size of the person in question it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility :pac:

I won't get into that kinda stuff, because that isn't my intention here.

It's to call the bar out more than the person tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

To be fair if they opened the pubs that could implement social distancing/barriers between groups, it would be a hell of a lot safer than the 12 gastropubs of covid game people are playing at the moment. One place for a few drinks, staying in the same area, limiting potential exposure is much less likely to cause spread of a cluster than hitting up half of Limerick City in a day.

I've no problem with people genuinely heading out for food and some drinks, and keeping their distance from other groups, but from what I've personally witnessed social distancing goes out the window for many when they're a few pints in, it becomes a game to see what places will serve without a main meal and for the longest period of time, and staff in many places are run off their feet fetching drinks orders that its left to customers to ask people to stand on markers in the queues for toilets or stop leaning on your chair when they want a better view of the TV.

There's some places doing really well in terms of implementing the restrictions, but there's also some doing abysmally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I know of some places that opened their doors on Saturday night as they're sick of being strung along while some places that can serve food are taking the piss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I know of some places that opened their doors on Saturday night as they're sick of being strung along while some places that can serve food are taking the piss.

What places opened?

callaway92 wrote:
    It's to call the bar (or any bars allowing that kind of stuff) out more than the person tbh.

Probably best then contacting HSE and HSA rather than calling it out on a random thread on Boards that way something will actually be done about it and potentially save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

bigpink wrote: »
    What places opened?

I'd advise not to answer that or you'll have the curtain twitchers shaming them on social media

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

@callaway92. There's no such place as Lough. It's called The Locke Bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,399 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I believe I know who they’re on about. The same individual had 3 or 4 “substantial meals” in various establishments around town on the Bank Holiday Monday, and didn’t pay for a single one of them because they are one of these “influencers“

Influencers eat free?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement