Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

phog wrote: »
    I know that now but why the christ would he quote something from an article that doesn't answer the question he was trying to answer - mind boggling

What's mind boggling is what was the question in the first place? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Seen Fergal Bowers posted the incident rate by county on twitter earlier, in order of highest to lowest (I'd link, but on the phone so go search yerselves).

Limerick is high (167.8), but middle ground in terms of the country overall. If we can just keep our interactions low, and not act the eejit we could drop further next time its released.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

On naming the school if you have a link to the school been confirmed then post it.
    But naming it and if it turns out it's not true then the school could come after us.

As said earlier if you'd not put it on the front page of The Leader with your own name then don't do it here. ☺️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

yop wrote: »
    On naming the school if you have a link to the school been confirmed then post it.
    But naming it and if it turns out it's not true then the school could come after us.

As said earlier if you'd not put it on the front page of The Leader with your own name then don't do it here. ☺️

How about a copy of a HSE letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭maebee

It's a city centre school. Word is that there was a big crowd of 6th years at an 18th birthday party last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

There's a fairly active Facebook group that puts up info on confirmed cases in schools throughout Ireland. The attach written confirmation with each post.
    Be it a mail or text from the school or HSE. Limerick has been mentioned several times in the last few days.

I can pm anyone who wants the link for the group or if it's ok'd by the mods I can post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Posted about that group previously and got savaged with people saying it's hearsay, you can't win.

I have an email and text message from our local school as do 800 other families with kids there.

kilburn wrote: »
    Posted about that group previously and got savaged with people saying it's hearsay, you can't win.

I have an email and text message from our local school as do 800 other families with kids there.

I have the same email and text I think. Hopefully the individual in question is OK and with any luck no others were infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

How about a copy of a HSE letter?

They have been faked before. I personally wouldn't trust a scanned letter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have the same email and text I think. Hopefully the individual in question is OK and with any luck no others were infected.

I think... that if you have that and its officially from the school then no harm?

Got this late Sunday evening. I won't comment on which class it is but the whole class is self isolating including teachers and SNAs.

Got this late Sunday evening. I won't comment on which class it is but the whole class is self isolating including teachers and SNAs.

They should have kept the schools closed, provided teaching online and increased tax relief for families with only one parent working.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

All 6th years in Gaelcholaiste Luimnigh must stay home for this week, after a single case turned into 'a number of' cases.

Source: email sent to me (and a few hundred others) as the parent of a child in GCL.

osarusan wrote: »
    All 6th years in Gaelcholaiste Luimnigh must stay home for this week, after a single case turned into 'a number of' cases.

Source: email sent to me (and a few hundred others) as the parent of a child in GCL.

It think it was insane to send all the kids back.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

There was a case in my lads' primary school a couple of weeks ago. Child was asymptomatic but must have been a close contact if they got a test. That class (but only that class) had to stay home for two weeks, I'm pretty sure they all got tested as a matter of course.

Both my kids have been tested in the last two weeks, cough, and a high temperature, mainly tested because of some meds some of the family are taking. Testing and results were very quick, test appointment in Joseph's within a couple of hours, results approx. 36 hours later. If you're positive you get a call, if you're negative, just by text.
    One of them had a right high temperature and a bad cough (still has it) and we were concerned enough until the test came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I had to kill some time yesterday out near Coonagh, so I parked in a car park by a Gym out there. It has glass windows all around it so you can see in. I was completely shocked at the amount of people inside, all young lads - it'd had to have been over 15 people, all working out, some wiped the equipment before/after using, some didn't. Some people arriving in, didn't use hand sanitiser No masks at all, no windows open as they are floor to ceiling glass. No two metres between equipment. ? We're not allowed visitors into our home or garden, we have to wear masks in shops, and here are gyms, a free for all.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I had to kill some time yesterday out near Coonagh, so I parked in a car park by a Gym out there. It has glass windows all around it so you can see in. I was completely shocked at the amount of people inside, all young lads - it'd had to have been over 15 people, all working out, some wiped the equipment before/after using, some didn't. Some people arriving in, didn't use hand sanitiser No masks at all, no windows open as they are floor to ceiling glass. No two metres between equipment. ? We're not allowed visitors into our home or garden, we have to wear masks in shops, and here are gyms, a free for all.:mad:

Ide say alot of people going to the gym at the moment are the type who think Covid isnt that bad or they are too young to get sick. Personally it's probably the scariest place I can think of going to right now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That's shocking but not all that surprising unfortunately.

A gym would be the last place on earth I'd go these days but seems some people have vastly different risk appetites/thresholds.

Hate to say it but a full lockdown seems inevitable in the not too distant future :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Nothing can get in the way of those gainz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ide say alot of people going to the gym at the moment are the type who think Covid isnt that bad or they are too young to get sick. Personally it's probably the scariest place I can think of going to right now

As much as a gym is the last place I'd want to visit during lockdown, exercise is crucial for many peoples mental health and a quick walk around the block isnt enough for some to feel the benefits. To be honest I'd be in a much worse place mentally had we not invested in a machine for our house as its not easy to fit a walk long enough into my day to feel the benefits.

I see some gyms in Limerick are operating on a booking only system, but any gym allowing too many people too close together should be shut down.

As much as a gym is the last place I'd want to visit during lockdown, exercise is crucial for many peoples mental health and a quick walk around the block isnt enough for some to feel the benefits. To be honest I'd be in a much worse place mentally had we not invested in a machine for our house as its not easy to fit a walk long enough into my day to feel the benefits.

I see some gyms in Limerick are operating on a booking only system, but any gym allowing too many people too close together should be shut down.

That is definitely an element too. Ide go mad too without exercise but lucky for me I prefer the outdoor type anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My gym has strict 1 hour slots and only allow up to 5 people per slot. They seem to be managing things very sensibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭moby2101

Mr E wrote: »
    My gym has strict 1 hour slots and only allow up to 5 people per slot. They seem to be managing things very sensibly.

Agree 100%
    I’m back in my gym 3 months now since they reopened. You must book your 1 hour slot in advance., limited no of places.Staggered starts, staff disinfecting equipment in 15 minute gaps between slots. All members spraying equipment also before and after each use. Everyone pulling together, hand sanitizers everywhere.
    Not 1 case here in 3 months
    Don’t knock it till you have experienced it

Wouldnt be the first time that gym was found in breach of health & safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Where can i go to sit down for coffee and a sandwich or something to eat in the city, i know only outdoors can serve. Im working from home but have to meet a colleague to pass work over. Thanks

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

tringle wrote: »
    Where can i go to sit down for coffee and a sandwich or something to eat in the city, i know only outdoors can serve. Im working from home but have to meet a colleague to pass work over. Thanks

Maybe carlton coffee, is that what it's called? I'd look on little catherine street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Plenty of options really; Canteen, Rift, The Green Onion all have outdoor seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭sioda

The Bedford, Spitjack, Aroma, Esquires

• Advertisement

All the coffee shops on Catherine St. Are still open with outdoor seeting. Wildberry, Aroma and the fromagerie all do nice food but it'll probably be a case or where you can find a seat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement