Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

kilburn wrote: »
    So if we are in a level 5 lockdown what's the story with groups of teenagers everywhere still?

The only way to remain sane is to focus on looking after yourself.

If they want to take risks maybe community service in a covid ravaged nursing home would be a good punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,932 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

kilburn wrote: »
    So if we are in a level 5 lockdown what's the story with groups of teenagers everywhere still?

They are being teenagers. There's a reason why we don't let them smoke, drink or vote and it's because they are children still so cut them a little slack

breezy1985 wrote: »
    They are being teenagers. There's a reason why we don't let them smoke, drink or vote and it's because they are children still so cut them a little slack

What about their parents? Cut them slack?

What about their parents? Cut them slack?

What should they do lock them inside. What's to stop a lad saying he's going for a walk and then meeting his friends. Do teens now need to exercise under adult supervision or make em do laps of the garden.

If you know exactly where and with who your teenage kids are you are the best parent ever so congratulations

breezy1985 wrote: »
    What should they do lock them inside.

Yes, or bring them up to be decent people in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Remember guys, teens on streets is not specific to Limerick. Take it to PM, or to the Covid section. We aren't going to debate the faults of society as a whole here.

Lunch time is looking a fair bit quieter around Catherine St today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

If you did want to report someone breaking the household visits rules, is it just a case of ringing the guards?

Edit: It is just visits based on special circumstances like medical for example isn't it?

tony1980 wrote: »
    If you did want to report someone breaking the household visits rules, is it just a case of ringing the guards?

Edit: It is just visits based on special circumstances like medical for example isn't it?

Yep - I would imagine so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

There's also support bubble exemptions. https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3516d-support-bubbles/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

There's also support bubble exemptions. https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3516d-support-bubbles/

Thought I had saw that alright. So if there are two adults in the same household, that would mean you can not use the living alone with kids criteria I assume?

1. What a support bubble is
    2. Who can form a support bubble
    3. How to form your support bubble
    4. What to do if someone in your support bubble develops symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive
    What a support bubble is
    To support those who risk isolation, a 'social bubble' will apply for the duration of Level 5. In certain situations, you can form a bubble with 1 other household (of any size).

You can then act as one extended household.

You must still keep physical distance from people outside your support bubble.

Who can form a support bubble
    You can form a support bubble with another household:

if you are living alone with children under the age of 18
    if you live alone
    if you share parenting or custody arrangements
    if you live with an adult you provide care for (for example a dependent adult relation or a partner with dementia)
    if you live by yourself and have a carer or carers who support you, including a live-in carer

Thought I had saw that alright. So if there are two adults in the same household, that would mean you can not use the living alone with kids criteria I assume?

1. What a support bubble is
    2. Who can form a support bubble
    3. How to form your support bubble
    4. What to do if someone in your support bubble develops symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive
    What a support bubble is
    To support those who risk isolation, a 'social bubble' will apply for the duration of Level 5. In certain situations, you can form a bubble with 1 other household (of any size).

You can then act as one extended household.

You must still keep physical distance from people outside your support bubble.

Who can form a support bubble
    You can form a support bubble with another household:

if you are living alone with children under the age of 18
    if you live alone
    if you share parenting or custody arrangements
    if you live with an adult you provide care for (for example a dependent adult relation or a partner with dementia)
    if you live by yourself and have a carer or carers who support you, including a live-in carer

In general it would be a single adult living alone or with children. Or caring for a dependent adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

MarkR wrote: »
    What should they be doing? Is that two few for the space available?

Electronics Department are not social distancing the students.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Electronics Department are not social distancing the students.

Each department is supposed to have someone responsible for that, and UL had a committee of some sort to note down the max usage per room. Can't remember the address, but maybe try buildings and maintenance to report your concerns. I haven't been on site (bar a flying visit or two) since march.

Each department is supposed to have someone responsible for that, and UL had a committee of some sort to note down the max usage per room. Can't remember the address, but maybe try buildings and maintenance to report your concerns. I haven't been on site (bar a flying visit or two) since march.

I can understand that. Perhaps electronic department have less floor space compare to the Chemical Science department.

Perhaps they could utilize EG010.

Might mention it on the Opinions email list and sit back for the Eugene and John show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Incidence per 100k over the past 14 days per LEA: (number of cases in brackets)

Local Electoral Area|14 days prior to 14 Sept|14 days prior to 21 Sept|14 days prior to 5 Oct|14 days prior to 12 Oct|14 days prior to 26 Oct
    NEWCASTLE WEST|51.1 (14)|80.2 (22)|138.6 (38)|179|219 (60)
    ADARE-RATHKEALE|101 (28)|61.3 (17)|198.5 (55)|383|372 (103)
    CAPPAMORE-KILMALLOCK|17.2 (6)|14.4 (5)|60.3 (21)|112|267 (93)
    LIMERICK CITY WEST|17.2 (6)|< 5 cases|25.8 (9)|83|289 (101)
    LIMERICK CITY EAST|36.8 (13)|31.1 (11)|42.4 (15)|156|376 (133)
    LIMERICK CITY NORTH|126.8 (44)|37.4 (13)|138.3 (48)|228|259 (90)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

Testing is now taking place in the old Wickes unit in Eastpoint Business Park. I think the centres in The Gaelic Grounds and St Joseph’s are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Testing is now taking place in the old Wickes unit in Eastpoint Business Park. I think the centres in The Gaelic Grounds and St Joseph’s are closed.

I pass it twice a day, even at 8am it has cars qeueing up outside and you can see the brake lights inside, same around 5pm. I imagine so it has a steady flow during the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Berty wrote: »
    I pass it twice a day, even at 8am it has cars qeueing up outside and you can see the brake lights inside, same around 5pm. I imagine so it has a steady flow during the whole day.

Was in there today at 1.20pm, think there was only one other car there when I arrived and only one other car came in behind me. Didn't see any other cars waiting to come in when I was leaving.

Stables Club open and serving alcohol drinks. Must have a special licence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Sit in or take away? Take away is allowed under the regulations.

Sit in or take away? Take away is allowed under the regulations.

Sit in. Allowed to drink outside under the canopy. Must check Monday the full criteria.

I presume they're doing good with the pints?

Test

I presume they're doing good with the pints?

Meaning?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Meaning?

I'd say he meant "food".

Meaning?
    I'd say he meant "food".

Oops, that's the one. I meant food. :o

Oops, that's the one. I meant food. :o

Lol ok. Declan will take either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I see the green areas by the Curragower pub have become a pub people drinking takeaway pints there the last 2 days...while it all seemed in good spirits not nice to be around either when enjoying a public space
    Saw people walking with kids having to go through the areas with people driniking pints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

bigpink wrote: »
    I see the green areas by the Curragower pub have become a pub people drinking takeaway pints there the last 2 days...while it all seemed in good spirits not nice to be around either when enjoying a public space
    Saw people walking with kids having to go through the areas with people driniking pints

They’re drinking pints not shooting up heroin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement