Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

6 new cases today for Limerick defo going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭adaminho

sioda wrote: »
    6 new cases today for Limerick defo going in the right direction.

Maybe all the Cicerones on Clancy's strand had the right idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

adaminho wrote: »
    Maybe all the Cicerones on Clancy's strand had the right idea :D

But without a toasted ham and cheese sandwich they don't have immunity to the virus 🤣

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Thought gyms were closed the boxing gym by Baker Place seems active every night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

phog wrote: »
    How far away from their premises are they responsible - across the public road and a few meters either side of the shop front?

Because that's where the park in question is in relation to the Curragower, also, the drinkers could well be taking pints from another local pub.

Mickeys were advertising takeaway then had to delay it over a issue in the lane
    Other than that not sure what other places doing it...strange that Curragower doing takeaway pints and people sitting outside it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

bigpink wrote: »
    Mickeys were advertising takeaway then had to delay it over a issue in the lane
    Other than that not sure what other places doing it...strange that Curragower doing takeaway pints and people sitting outside it

I've no idea what you're actually saying in relation to the post you quoted.

In other but related "news" I walked past the Curragower the other night and it was closed but there were people in the small park having a pizza and a few drinks. Other than maybe civic pride I can't see why the Curragower should have to clean that area as they certainly didn't sell the food or drink to the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

FWIW I drank some takeaway pints in the park across from the Curragower last Saturday. All civilised people and a staff member from the C’gower actually came out every half hour or so with a black bag to collect empty glasses/holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

FWIW I drank some takeaway pints in the park across from the Curragower last Saturday. All civilised people and a staff member from the C’gower actually came out every half hour or so with a black bag to collect empty glasses/holders.

That solves the littering issue so we can all move on and forget about it.

Had to drop into the chemist in grove island this morning so went into lush to get a takeaway coffee which I brought home and put in my bin before anyone asks !

Few of the usual socks in tracksuit pants brigade inside getting takeaway food of some sort with no masks as usual, I wonder do they even understand what is going on around them sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

RTÉ erroneously reporting Limerick had 36 cases on yesterday's list. Tried to contact them to change, but had no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    50 today

We have the third worse rate in the country now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,565 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

le_girl wrote: »

Well be going into stricter lockdown level if we are not careful

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Well be going into stricter lockdown level if we are not careful

5 is the highest all ROI on, I'd say no pubs open for Christmas

5 is the highest all ROI on, I'd say no pubs open for Christmas

Twas a joke I was trying to make there

Twas a joke I was trying to make there

:o;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

50 today
    A single days numbers don't really mean much. It the 14 day average that's important. We've had low single digit figures twice in the last 8 days.
    le_girl wrote: »
    The 14 day incidence rate is 220 for Limerick. That's actually down from 269 a week ago. And that's what's important, not where we are compared to other counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I'm based abroad currently, and have been reading about these new tests people will have to take before travelling. Assuming I get back to Limerick, does anyone know if they have stated yet where these tests can be taken. Proper full on tests....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭adaminho

Granadino wrote: »
    I'm based abroad currently, and have been reading about these new tests people will have to take before travelling. Assuming I get back to Limerick, does anyone know if they have stated yet where these tests can be taken. Proper full on tests....

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1326824669392015360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Starting price €149(both news outlets have different opinions on the pricing it seems) per test but kind of weird its in the airport because it says you should get it up to 72 hours before going but it its on the airport then you'd travel to the airport, from your home, head home and then head back for your flight a days later. Otherwise could you arrive at the airport 5 hours early get it done and hope that you get the result before you depart as landing in another airport(not Airlines problem) and turning on your phone to get a missed call where they are trying to tell you that you're positive is a bit of a b*tch.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/business/irish-healthcare-company-to-roll-out-covid-testing-centres-in-cork-and-shannon-airport-1034919.html

So I'd have to pay for one before leaving Spain and then another in Limerick before coming back. That would be €300 excluding flights. 72 hrs before? I could get Covid the day before travelling. :confused:
    Having to go to the airport would be a pain in the balls as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Berty wrote: »
    Starting price €149(both news outlets have different opinions on the pricing it seems) per test but kind of weird its in the airport because it says you should get it up to 72 hours before going but it its on the airport then you'd travel to the airport, from your home, head home and then head back for your flight a days later. Otherwise could you arrive at the airport 5 hours early get it done and hope that you get the result before you depart as landing in another airport(not Airlines problem) and turning on your phone to get a missed call where they are trying to tell you that you're positive is a bit of a b*tch.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/business/irish-healthcare-company-to-roll-out-covid-testing-centres-in-cork-and-shannon-airport-1034919.html

There’s no commercial flights from Shannon at the moment, so where it says Shannon Airport read Shannon COVID-19 Testing Facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

So I'd have to pay for one before leaving Spain and then another in Limerick before coming back. That would be €300 excluding flights. 72 hrs before? I could get Covid the day before travelling. :confused:

I had my NCT 2 days ago but could buckle my Suspension tomorrow, car is still grand as it has an NCT. Weird eh'

On paper you're fine but I can see your point. Catch Covid19 1 hour after getting the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

There is another thread running on here where it’s pointed out that there is no requirement for a test to enter Ireland, you do have to fill out a passenger locator form, there is no legal requirement at the moment for you to take a test while here but Spain it looks like have introduced a new requirement that you will need to take a test before returning to Spain

It's still essential travel only so it's not like you should be trying to factor this into how much your holiday will cost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It's still essential travel only so it's not like you should be trying to factor this into how much your holiday will cost
    Essential travel only is a recommendation only, not a rule. There is nothing to actually stop you traveling. And as another poster said above, the only requirement is to fill out the locator form. Even the 14 day self isolation is only a recommendation.

And by Christmas, that recommendation will be gone anyway as the traffic light system will be in effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

This whole testing 3 days before travel is a bit of a joke in my humble opinion. It's testing theater and I don't understand how it stands up to any level of scrutiny. You can have COVID19 and still return a not detected result because you haven't met the detectable threshold for molecular testing? That's ignoring the other facet which is one can get tested today and return not detected go home and get exposed to COVID but get on a flight in 3 days time (based on the merit of said test)? This doesn't make any sense?

I don't have a suggestion on how to improve that process or suggest any alternative but this is an effort to store water in a colander.

On to Limerick related things: The refusal of the UHL Hospital Group to put even a ballpark number on the outbreaks in the hospital system is pretty harrowing. Student nurses and medical students were sent home from each site effective immediately yesterday evening...

It all works on the assumption that you will be a good boy and self isolate between test and flight but we all know people can't be trusted

• Advertisement

And I'd still have to travel via Dublin as well. It's hard to know what to do. Sit it out here and go back home after Christmas for a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement