Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia interview

Options
  • 06-03-2020 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I just completed my interview with hibernia and I feel the Irish part of the interview was very intense, I spent weeks preparing but still felt it was a lot of questions which I was unprepared for? just wondering if anyone else has completed the interview recently and felt the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

I did the post-primary interview this week. My main subject is a modern foreign language. I really struggled to answer some of the questions, even though I could appreciate their reasoning. I think I was expecting them to ask about things from my personal statement or from my work experience (in a different teaching role), and instead they asked about my own teachers in secondary school. I gave the best answers I could, but I really hadn't anticipated questions like that.

I can't speak for primary applications or for Irish, but I thought that the information in the interview confirmation email was incredibly vague. I had to present a "curricular topic" of my choice from my main subject, but there was no indication of how broad or narrow that topic should be. For other teaching courses I've done, there was usually a pre-course task which was challenging, but at least clear.

In the end, I was offered a place so I can't complain. Still, I wish they had been more specific about the interview preparation. I didn't expect to have passed.

Advertisement