Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder-Suicide in Nevada

Options
  • 06-03-2020 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭

I was watching this on RTÉ News a short while ago. An Irish woman from Kerry has been killed in a murder-suicide in Nevada. A husband & wife in their 50's & 2 teenagers who attend the local high school were found dead in their home by police in Reno.

They have been officially named by police in Reno.

The woman who died is known as 53 year-old Jane Huber.

Her husband 50 year old Adam Huber with their 2 sons 17-year-old Adam and 16-year-old Michael were also found dead.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0306/1120533-death-nevada-named/

I have to admit this story is grim. I don't know what else to say over it only to say that I'm speechless. R.I.P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

An American family , mother was Irish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's not an Irish family from Kerry. It's a woman from Kerry who has been in the US for 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

UPDATE: Reno Police say Joan Huber shot her husband, children before taking her own life

https://eu.rgj.com/story/news/2020/03/06/reno-police-more-details-south-reno-murder-suicide-expected-friday/4977095002/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

UPDATE: Reno Police say Joan Huber shot her husband, children before taking her own life

https://eu.rgj.com/story/news/2020/03/06/reno-police-more-details-south-reno-murder-suicide-expected-friday/4977095002/

Christ, I know a few things are still before the courts so can’t be directly commented on but there seems to be a mini spate of stories in this vein recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Death is too good for her. Selfish, psycho murderer. Rot in hell. The poor family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Death is too good for her. Selfish, psycho murderer. Rot in hell. The poor family.

Maybe she was having some serious psychological issues, maybe

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Even if, she murdered her two young sons and husband. That still justifies the term psycho murderer. It reminds me of that other shocking murder by Deirdre Morley a few weeks ago, who killed her three children and is trying to get out of culpability currently due to claims of mental impairment.

Even if, she murdered her two young sons and husband. That still justifies the term psycho murderer.

I disagree, I suspect there was some serious psychological issues going on there, and probably for some time, this woman was probably showing signs of severe distress for some time, what a tragedy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,587 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Even if, she murdered her two young sons and husband. That still justifies the term psycho murderer. It reminds me of that other shocking murder by Deirdre Morley a few weeks ago, who killed her three children and is trying to get out of culpability currently due to claims of mental impairment.

Are you a psychiatrist by profession?

Dav010 wrote: »
    Are you a psychiatrist by profession?

Sticking up for the mother? Classy.

• Advertisement

Classy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Hope they all rip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

She shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,587 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Not rushing to judgement until facts are established. Wise.

Classy!

Wow. Genuinely. You are protecting her and ignoring her horrendous act. Nice one.

Wow. Genuinely. You are protecting her and ignoring her horrendous act. Nice one.

Fcuking hell, how ignorant can a person be, I guess we re just about to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

'Murica....no, wait...eh...'Erry.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Jesus that’s very sad. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I agree with Assetbacked's general viewpoint, I think. Ive noticed almost no discussion in my (majority female) office workplace of either heinous crimes. Yet where a man does similar, like the teacher in Meath, we never hear the end of it. Rightly so. But the relative silence (of condemnation) tends to be deafening when it's a woman. A woman, a mother, is filled with only love so she must have been unhinged to act in such an unnatural way. Such narratives are indirectly insidious towards men.
    God rest all concerned. But on Planet Earth she stands guilty (allegedly, you pedants) of a truly heinous act.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

you reckon?

• Advertisement

Granadino wrote:
    you reckon?

Ah I'm unsure now, after reading some informed comments on here

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Fritzbox

Is the first suggestion/explanation you always make everytime there is a murder or violent rape reported in the media?

Fritzbox wrote:
    Is the first suggestion/explanation you always make everytime there is a murder or violent rape reported in the media?

More or less, yup, most perpetrators such as, would have serious underlying psychological disorders

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Fritzbox

More or less, yup, most perpetrators such as, would have serious underlying psychological disorders

There is a lot of truth in that, yes. A lot of people convicted of rape against women and children had themselves suffered abusive and violent childhoods.

But most people would not rush to defend the perpetrator of a such crimes when they first learn about them in the media - it's usually the opposite reaction surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Exactly, it’s time we got rid of the courts and prisons and just send these people off to see a doctor........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭santana75

Something dark is going on in suburbs the world over it seems. These Murder suicide cases are becoming more and more frequent. And every time the same comments are made by people who knew them "She/he was the last person you'd suspect of doing something like this". This phenomenon needs to be studied and understood in order to finally get to the root cause. Its not a new thing either, been going on as far back as I can remember, only difference now it seems to be happening way more often. People living in domestic quiet desperation, cracking up and turning violent. It needs to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

santana75 wrote: »
    Something dark is going on in suburbs the world over it seems. These Murder suicide cases are becoming more and more frequent. And every time the same comments are made by people who knew them "She/he was the last person you'd suspect of doing something like this". This phenomenon needs to be studied and understood in order to finally get to the root cause. Its not a new thing either, been going on as far back as I can remember, only difference now it seems to be happening way more often. People living in domestic quiet desperation, cracking up and turning violent. It needs to end.
    It's common to find the people have a personality disorder - think Jekyll and Hyde. Stress brings the irrational facet of the person to the fore, afterwards it recedes and the person behaves like 'normal'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Oh ffs will you shut up. Mental issues always brought up when it's a woman doing the killing.
    Anyone that kills their own flesh and blood is evil end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Casey78 wrote: »
    Oh ffs will you shut up. Mental issues always brought up when it's a woman doing the killing.
    Anyone that kills their own flesh and blood is evil end of story.
    It really isn't that simple.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Talisman wrote: »
    It really isn't that simple.

Yes it is.

Advertisement