Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭PreCocious

Zardoz wrote: »
    I spoke with a friend of mine at the weekend, she is a manager in a hospital .
    She said that the Garda vetting process for new nurses can take months and there was some other cruelty to patients training to be passed too.
    Red tape galore.

The Garda vetting process has been significantly accelerated over the past year.

I'd hardly call making sure that someone caring for vulnerable people isn't an abuser is "Red Tape".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

cantalach wrote: »
    Surely grown-ups should be allowed to decide for themselves if it is safe to go into the park after dark?

Agreed - but I'm more asking will the Council still allow it to be open late? Surely there is a reason in place for it being closed in the evenings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

cantalach wrote: »
    Surely grown-ups should be allowed to decide for themselves if it is safe to go into the park after dark?

I'm sure some of those grown ups will sue the Council for having the parks open if anything happens to them.

Hence, rest of us can't have nice things

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

I couldn’t see the council agreeing to keeping public parks open later as it would encourage gatherings and anti social behaviour.
    I wouldn’t walk in any park in the city in the dark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I couldn’t see the council agreeing to keeping public parks open later as it would encourage gatherings and anti social behaviour.
    I wouldn’t walk in any park in the city in the dark
    If the parks didn't have gates and railings arguably some would be much safer: better sight lines and access, less places to hide. Might be something to pursue long term but can't see anything changing in the near future.

• Advertisement

I would agreed that the walkway I raised it not exactly the safest (plenty of places for people to gather / hide etc) so I can see why it's locked after dark. However, it still leaves a lot of us city dwellers without any pleasant amenity for a walk in the evening within 5km for this Lockdown 2.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Council staff who open and close the parks can often be alone when doing so. I wouldn’t like to walk in/drive into a park alone at night and potentially have to tell a group your locking the gates

Council staff who open and close the parks can often be alone when doing so. I wouldn’t like to walk in/drive into a park alone at night and potentially have to tell a group your locking the gates

Good point, and one I had not considered when I floated the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

jackrussel wrote: »
    So they've made a second entrance to that site on south Douglas road and now have canopy’s between the containers. Safe to say it will be a test site?

They were working this site at half one this afternoon when I passed and just now when I passed again a couple of hours later, it is fully open and tests being performed with a queue of cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

137 today

• Advertisement

CUH Update
    Total number of positive cases of COVID-19 identified in CUH in the past 24 hours = 1

· Total number of inpatient cases of COVID-19 currently in CUH = 29

· Total number of patients with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 discharged from CUH in the last 24 hours = 1

· Total number of COVID-19 patients receiving ventilator support in CUH = 1

Dr. Gerard O’Callaghan,
    Interim Chief Executive Officer .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭opus

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I would agreed that the walkway I raised it not exactly the safest (plenty of places for people to gather / hide etc) so I can see why it's locked after dark. However, it still leaves a lot of us city dwellers without any pleasant amenity for a walk in the evening within 5km for this Lockdown 2.0

One thing to watch out for there is something that happened to me last Winter. I was cycling home from the Mardyke Arena & headed in to the walkway to get to the North Mall. When I got to the other end, the gate was locked. Bit annoying but no big deal so I cycled back the way I came to find the gate at the Mardyke end was now locked as well trapping me nicely! Luckily I work for UCC so knew the phone number of the security desk in the North Mall campus & one of the security guys came & opened the gate into there for me.

Not a nice situation to be in. I emailed the council about it & they apologised saying it should haven't happened etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I suppose Patrick street is going to become something out of a zombie film again, I remember being in there during the last lockdown as I was going to marks n Spenser’s food section and could t get off the street fast enough, was scary and creepy and some scumbag nutcases were the only ones around...

98 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,155 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

98 today

A decrease good

Was there a large sesh gathering in Cork last night to celebrate Halloween and Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Double digits - hopefully it will keep going down.

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 06/10/2020 to 19/10/2020

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 51 (+30), LEA rate per 100k pop: 227.4 (+133.8)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 58 (+25), LEA rate per 100k pop: 191.5 (+82.5)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 73 (+35), LEA rate per 100k pop: 198.1 (+95)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 45 (+25), LEA rate per 100k pop: 180.5 (+100.3)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 47 (+27), LEA rate per 100k pop: 161.2 (+92.6)

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 68 (+16), LEA rate per 100k pop: 182.5 (+43)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 66 (+10), LEA rate per 100k pop: 181.3 (+27.5)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 53 (-3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 116.6 (-6.6)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 80 (+32), LEA rate per 100k pop: 234.5 (+93.8)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 108 (+47), LEA rate per 100k pop: 307.3 (+133.7)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 183 (+84), LEA rate per 100k pop: 427.7 (+196.3)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 196 (+77), LEA rate per 100k pop: 416.6 (+163.7)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 311 (+92), LEA rate per 100k pop: 804.3 (+237.9)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 200 (+74), LEA rate per 100k pop: 497.7 (+198.9)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 197 (+94), LEA rate per 100k pop: 467.2 (+210.9)

Some insane deterioration across the county in the last 7 days. Pretty mad numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Over 800/100k in South central. That's crazy!

It is rising everywhere city and county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is rising everywhere city and county

Dropping the last couple of days thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Vieira82

Went to the Co-Op near Ballinacarriga yesterday afternoon, noticed on my way back for the first time three cars coming out from the testing center, looked down the road to it and there where at least five cars waiting in line to get tested... First time since the pandemic started I've actually seen it being used...

41 in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

Cork Lass wrote: »
    41 in Cork today

Great to see low numbers..

Cork Lass wrote: »
    41 in Cork today

Yay go Cork

Happy Halloween, have a safe good weekend all

Great to see low numbers..

Definitely, let’s hope it continues downwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Great numbers, over 200 difference in the swabs though so I'm excepting a bigger number to come soon

Great numbers, over 200 difference in the swabs though so I'm excepting a bigger number to come soon
    200 swabs across 26 counties. I highly doubt this number is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

200 swabs across 26 counties. I highly doubt this number is off.

Numbers lower due to the problems with the track and trace system?

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Numbers lower due to the problems with the track and trace system?
    Swab/case numbers have nothing to do with tracing. HPSC deals with cases, HSE deals with tracing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hopefully with level 5 restrictions, the numbers will continue to decrease. May the 7 rest in peace.

Advertisement