Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I suppose they don't want to encourage suspected Covid cases to be out walking the streets, best to stay inside a vehicle and straight back home until you're clear.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

TheChizler wrote: »
    I suppose they don't want to encourage suspected Covid cases to be out walking the streets, best to stay inside a vehicle and straight back home until you're clear.

I don't drive, and certainly will not take a bus!

I feel fine though, just some minor symptoms like my taste is funny and I had hives.

I think it's best i ring my GP and see what he has to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,842 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I don't drive, and certainly will not take a bus!

I feel fine though, just some minor symptoms like my taste is funny and I had hives.

I think it's best i ring my GP and see what he has to say.

When I went last month anyway, a good few of those there were in taxi's.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    When I went last month anyway, a good few of those there were in taxi's.

Wow! Will definitely not take a taxi! Insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,153 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Jeez i hope there's no need for that. I feel very well, just some minor symptoms.

I can easily walk to the Blackpool one too.

Very much thanks for letting me know!

Good luck and take care, hope negative

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

My spouse's gran is in a nursing home at the end of her life and they were allowing vistors in to see her since the Tuesday before last. We got campylobacter from drinking dirty water the day they gave her the room, so we couldn't visit during the last ten days (it's contagious, going to a nursing home would have been completely irresponsible).

Now that we're better, we phoned to say we can finally see her. I'd be willing to bet because her family have been visiting, she's stabilising and it looks like she's going to be with us for a longer time. So they've stopped allowing vistors in to see her.

The cost of this virus is more than just those that it kills outright. The indignity, loneliness and suffering that people are experiencing because of the often daft restrictions are valid complaints too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,568 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

TheChizler wrote: »

There's actually a door specifically signed for "walk ins" in Blackpool test centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There's actually a door specifically signed for "walk ins" in Blackpool test centre.
    I saw people using that but they had just got out of the army truck that just pulled up. Assumed it was for them only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Massive amount of discharges yesterday.
    CUH down from 30 to 21.
    Mercy from 14 to 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Massive amount of discharges yesterday.
    CUH down from 30 to 21.
    Mercy from 14 to 9.

Brilliant news

• Advertisement

There's quite a famous former Cork GAA player in ICU in the CUH atm, I'm very very surprised the media hasn't caught onto it. Not going to name names obviously but he is okay, not on a ventilator.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

The test centre on south Douglas road hasn’t looked open the past few days any time I’ve passed, no one there and both gates closed.

104 in cork today

6 deaths, 675 new cases with 104 in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Is there somewhere online with the number of cases in cork hospitals listed and how many are in ICU?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Think that's in the Covid Tracker app.

Alex86Eire wrote: »
    Is there somewhere online with the number of cases in cork hospitals listed and how many are in ICU?

HSE Daily Operations Updates
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/coronavirus-daily-operations-updates.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭Alex86Eire

166 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

I'm a bit disappointed that we're not seeing more control by now. Hopefully soon.

• Advertisement

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 13/10/2020 to 26/10/2020

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 60 (-8), LEA rate per 100k pop: 161 (-21.5)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 42 (-9), LEA rate per 100k pop: 187.3 (-40.1)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 120 (+12), LEA rate per 100k pop: 341.5 (+34.2)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 92 (+12), LEA rate per 100k pop: 269.7 (+35.2)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 196 (-4), LEA rate per 100k pop: 464.8 (-32.9)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 218 (+21), LEA rate per 100k pop: 542.5 (+75.3)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 242 (-69), LEA rate per 100k pop: 625.9 (-178.4)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 182 (-1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 425.4 (-2.3)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 228 (+32), LEA rate per 100k pop: 416.6 (+68)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 67 (+1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 181.3 (+2.7)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 60 (+15), LEA rate per 100k pop: 180.5 (+60.1)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 91 (+18), LEA rate per 100k pop: 247 (+48.9)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 82 (+35), LEA rate per 100k pop: 281.2 (+120)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 60 (+7), LEA rate per 100k pop: 132 (+15.4)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 71 (+13), LEA rate per 100k pop: 234.5 (+43)

Some clear stabilisation across most of the county, particularly in the city over the last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Some clear stabilisation across most of the county, particularly in the city over the last week.

CSC was probably highest rate in the entire country last week so about time it went down a bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

That's a lot of cases for Macroom :eek:

That's a lot of cases for Macroom :eek:
    Thats over the last 14 days, and it's the Macroom LEA, not the town

When it's - does that mean renounced so non Covid or death?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When it's - does that mean renounced so non Covid or death?
    No it means compared to the previous 2 weeks its either up or down

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Thats over the last 14 days, and it's the Macroom LEA, not the town

I know it's for a fortnight, but still considerably more than a few weeks back. I guess it's in keeping with the national trends, so not too surprising.

Where exactly does the LEA cover, aside from the town obviously?

I know it's for a fortnight, but still considerably more than a few weeks back. I guess it's in keeping with the national trends, so not too surprising.

Where exactly does the LEA cover, aside from the town obviously?
    Everywhere from Blarney to Gougane Barra.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

Everywhere from Blarney to Gougane Barra.

Ovens to ballyvourney & Millstreet to Gougane Barra

Absolutely huge area, 2 direct provision centres etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Do we have any idea where all these cases in Cork are coming from? Are they institutional clusters or general community transmission? Is that info available somewhere?

Advertisement