Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Ludo wrote: »
    Do we have any idea where all these cases in Cork are coming from? Are they institutional clusters or general community transmission? Is that info available somewhere?
    Not on a county by county level no. Best you can get is on the HPSC website by HSE area but south region includes Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Would positive cases diagnosed in the CUH be included in the Cork City South West LEA’s numbers & cases in the Mercy be included in Cork City South Central’s numbers?

Would positive cases diagnosed in the CUH be included in the Cork City South West LEA’s numbers & cases in the Mercy be included in Cork City South Central’s numbers?
    I think it's the address of that person, no idea tho

120 today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There have been numerous warnings not to spread unsubstantiated rumours here. The addition of racism to that is not on either. Bans will be the next step

• Advertisement

62 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,153 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

62 today

That's a good drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That's a good drop

Has testing been scaled back? There was talk of a centre in UCD not operating this weekend and last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

That's a good drop

Carrigaline isn’t learning or listening, gangs of teens roaming around no social distancing atall, not just today cos it’s Halloween but every evening, and especially at weekends in the park and up by the garages , groups of 10 and more, we won’t be out of this bloody lockdown atall unless parents cop on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Carrigaline isn’t learning or listening, gangs of teens roaming around no social distancing atall, not just today cos it’s Halloween but every evening, and especially at weekends in the park and up by the garages , groups of 10 and more, we won’t be out of this bloody lockdown atall unless parents cop on

They will be rolling lockdowns till 2022 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

fin12 wrote: »
    They will be rolling lockdowns till 2022 .

Sincerely hope not as there’s a marked difference ref aggression on the roads etc,ppls mental health is being affected not helped by drink n drugs

Sincerely hope not as there’s a marked difference ref aggression on the roads etc,ppls mental health is being affected not helped by drink n drugs

Yes I’m not in favor aswell but nothing with surprise with this government.

I don’t even watch the news or rte. I’m just not ever getting my hopes up again with this government cause honestly I think the whole lot of them are complete assholes.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Has testing been scaled back? There was talk of a centre in UCD not operating this weekend and last?
    Nope. NVRL handles 600 tests per weekend, they've been outsourced. Today's cases are a result of 15,000 tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

fin12 wrote: »
    Yes I’m not in favor aswell but nothing with surprise with this government.

I don’t even watch the news or rte. I’m just not ever getting my hopes up again with this government cause honestly I think the whole lot of them are complete assholes.

Do you think it is just THIS government? It is the same everywhere and "this" government acted early compared to others. They could have locked down sooner, but I don't think you would have approved of that either. I honestly don't know what government you think will solve this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,696 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Don’t worry if they’ve the slightest sniffly next week they’ll be off to get tested!

Do you think it is just THIS government? It is the same everywhere and "this" government acted early compared to others. They could have locked down sooner, but I don't think you would have approved of that either. I honestly don't know what government you think will solve this problem.

It is not the same everywhere. What planet are u living on if you think it’s the same everywhere. Don’t presume what I would or would not approve off. Go away and now and pick a fight with someone else cause have no interest in engaging with u further.

Every country in Europe is locking down again one by one. The USA is getting worse again also. Sorry, you don't want to engage but this is a discussion forum so I will not go away and I am not picking a fight as you put it. I simply disagree that the government are to blame for this. Of course they could do better. Everyone could. We will be in a cycle of lockdowns and gradual easing until a fully viable vaccine is available to all. I really don't think there is anything we or any government can do about that other than do our best.

See south east + eastern asia. NZ + OZ. I don't understand why we are constantly looking at europe for answers. Maybe look at what countries who have it under control have done? Thought of rolling lockdowns is utterly depressing not to mind insane for the greater economy. Control virus - end lockdown cycles - get economy and life back to normal .

Yes...they locked down pretty harshly in NZ twice. Parts of Oz just out of a 112 day lockdown. We are now in our second one also. How is that different? I bet they will be needing another also eventually.

Not too sure about SE Asia but I am guessing they are much better at obeying rules than us and a lockdown actually means a lockdown unlike what we have here now. No approach has really worked at all yet. Japan is a strange one. They managed to get off very lightly but no one seems to know why really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Every country in Europe is locking down again one by one. The USA is getting worse again also. Sorry, you don't want to engage but this is a discussion forum so I will not go away and I am not picking a fight as you put it. I simply disagree that the government are to blame for this. Of course they could do better. Everyone could. We will be in a cycle of lockdowns and gradual easing until a fully viable vaccine is available to all. I really don't think there is anything we or any government can do about that other than do our best.

In most countries in Europe you could go for a pint in the pub almost two months before you could even get your dog groomed or buy some non essential retail items here, let alone go for a drink.
    Non food serving pubs were open a grand total of about 3 weeks here before they were shut again, while other countries enjoyed a relatively normal summer.
    All of their industries were open albeit with precautions in place while we kept many of ours shut.
    Even though community transmission was non existent we were still told we ‘weren’t quite where we needed to be yet’.

We had less than 5 cases a day at various points of the summer and the government still wouldn’t entertain moving along the roadmap a bit quicker.

So while yes, a lot of other countries are entering lockdown again, they had some bit of a break and a spell of normality during the summer while we were still paralysed with our roadmap.
    That is why people are struggling to cope this time, we’ve barely had a chance to recover mentally or financially from the first total lockdown and we were back into one again.

When you consider that non food serving pubs in Dublin have been closed since before St Patrick’s Day and it’s now November, it really hits home how severe our restrictions have been compared to other countries.

That’s why it isn’t the same and that’s where our government fecked things up.
    They made an absolute mess of getting us out of the last lockdown, they dragged the arse out of it because solid confident leadership was in short supply and I have no doubt they’ll do the same again this time around.

I'd say this is everywhere with some young, they just don't care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

Not too sure about SE Asia but I am guessing they are much better at obeying rules than us and a lockdown actually means a lockdown unlike what we have here now.

Well...communist police states and juntas tend to work that way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,842 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'd say this is everywhere with some young, they just don't care

They’re also crammed into classrooms indoors together all day 5 days a week, so probably don’t really see any logic in a distinction of after school behaviour to suddenly split apart.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I have tested negative. Good turnaround though.

Got tested Friday morning, result came back Saturday evening. This was after making contact with my GP on Thursday afternoon.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I have tested negative. Good turnaround though.

Got tested Friday morning, result came back Saturday evening. This was after making contact with my GP on Thursday afternoon.

That's great

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

That's great

Thank you!

Slightly disappointed that im still vulnerable to the virus! But yes, it is good news.

I think most of us will get this eventually. Sad to say.

I usually get some chest cold this time of year, and after being so careful not to contract covid, i have managed to pick up the traditional type of Coronavirus!

Just goes to show how easily some viruses spread, or how I'm still doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

In fairness the turnaround time’s for test results is quite good.
    We had one of our child’s results within 7 hours of a test- (fastest) and 36 hours was the longest time we’ve had to wait
    We’ve now been to the test centre 7 times since September- negative each time thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

May I ask why have you been 7 times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    May I ask why have you been 7 times?

I know people tested 3 times, a family could easily have 7 trips under the belt. Just unlucky I suppose but signs they are taking good caution, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

jesus h christ, were all the tests for you, do you work in a hospital/care center or driving close family members to the test center? There is something seriously wrong if the tests were all for you and you are not in the frontline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

omerin wrote: »
    jesus h christ, were all the tests for you, do you work in a hospital/care center or driving close family members to the test center? There is something seriously wrong if the tests were all for you and you are not in the frontline

Child was mentioned in the post

Advertisement