Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

72 today

Last four days: 23, 47, 50, 72. Lets hope it stops which I am presuming it will.

14 day incidence rate of 240, trending downward still so that's great

That’s disappointing that it’s increasing again; let’s hope it goes down again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Town was evidently busy last night. https://www.corkbeo.ie/culture/food-drink/watch-socially-distanced-groups-brave-19238195

Plenty of bars doing takeaway pints & drinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Town was evidently busy last night. https://www.corkbeo.ie/culture/food-drink/watch-socially-distanced-groups-brave-19238195

I love seeing people making the most of what they have. It was cold but it didn't stop them and from what I can see they weren't acting like complete eejits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was at the English Market today. They were doing crowd control on the entrance by the side street but no crowd control on the entrance on the main street. Didn't make much sense.

It was very crowded inside, almost impossible to social distance in there

siblers wrote: »
    Was at the English Market today. They were doing crowd control on the entrance by the side street but no crowd control on the entrance on the main street. Didn't make much sense.

It was very crowded inside, almost impossible to social distance in there

I was in there last weekend, and it was busy but I went in knowing it would be. There was no entrance controls from the Grand Parade side.

I didn't feel explicitly unsafe. Wasn't in close contact with anyone for any prolonged period (i.e. 15 mins) so it was just as risky as going to supermarket / shop in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

I was in there last weekend, and it was busy but I went in knowing it would be. There was no entrance controls from the Grand Parade side.

I didn't feel explicitly unsafe. Wasn't in close contact with anyone for any prolonged period (i.e. 15 mins) so it was just as risky as going to supermarket / shop in general.

I passed the Grand Parade entrance about 45 mins ago and there were controls at that time and a queue to get in. Seems a bit hit ‘n’ miss.

cantalach wrote: »
    I passed the Grand Parade entrance about 45 mins ago and there were controls at that time and a queue to get in. Seems a bit hit ‘n’ miss.

Ah - I was in rather early last weekend, c. 10.30/11am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

25 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

25 today

Fabulous.

I love seeing people making the most of what they have. It was cold but it didn't stop them and from what I can see they weren't acting like complete eejits

Street drinking is illegal AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

While not ideal, I would far prefer to see people outdoors where the risk of virus spread is 200-300 times lower.

I find that those who are finger-wagging are invariably the very same people who are meeting indoors and increasing the spread of the virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭.red.

Augeo wrote: »

True, it would be so much better to cram everybody into a pub.

Or maybe they all put their pints into brown paper bags? Doesn't that make it legal?

.red. wrote: »
    True, it would be so much better to cram everybody into a pub.

Or maybe they all put their pints into brown paper bags? Doesn't that make it legal?

Pubs are closed..... Take away pints are dodging the law as the pints are consumed in public places.
    Drinking from a bag doesn't make it legal kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

If it’s so illegal why so could I get a drink go over and sit on a boulder in Patrick street and drink said drink and guards pass me and say nothing....

No ones forcing you to participate so go away with your Covid policing , street drinking is here to stay till pubs open, get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

25 today for this bullsh1t where the whole county is locked down. Load of false positives included wake up ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Pubs are closed..... Take away pints are dodging the law as the pints are consumed in public places.
    Drinking from a bag doesn't make it legal kid.

Stay under your blanket well give you a shout next Christmas

fin12 wrote: »
    If it’s so illegal why so could I get a drink go over and sit on a boulder in Patrick street and drink said drink and guards pass me and say nothing....

No ones forcing you to participate so go away with your Covid policing , street drinking is here to stay till pubs open, get used to it.

Of course its illegal. I cannot speak on behalf of those AGS ..... Street drinking may well not be here to stay ;)

They claimed down in Dublin.... https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0705/1151476-covid-19-dublin/

Also, the illegalality is clarified.

Level 42 wrote: »
    Listen lad p1ss off to North Korea

😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It's a bye law, isn't it?

They should give people a break. I think they only enforce it to move on dodgy types anyway.

igCorcaigh wrote: »

They should give people a break. I think they only enforce it to move on dodgy types anyway.

Folk gathering in public to swill take away pints etc is a total breach of L5 runstrictions.

• Advertisement

Folk gathering in public to swill take away pints etc is a total breach of L5 runstrictions.
    If you have an issue why don't you call into Anglesea Street?

If you have an issue why don't you call into Anglesea Street?

Ive no issue kid

Ive no issue kid
    Sounds like you have an issue but righty-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,152 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What's the Cork hospitals like currently?

40 in ICU in total for ROI

Sounds like you have an issue but righty-o

You seem to have one yourself TBH.

The more peiple who stick to the rules the quicker folk can go back to their jobs & a normal ish life. When pointing out illegal activity is deemed as having a problem it's not the folk pointing out something is illegal has the problem :)
    Rightyo kid

Of course it’s not illegal otherwise I would have bee. Fined or arrested, neither of which happened. Your one sad individual.

AGS don't act on all illegal behaviour.
    How am I sad?

You were sitting on a boulder drinking in public... AGS probably felt sorry for you.

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Yes the people out getting takeaway drinks , are not the people in house parties. They are doing harm to no one and supporting businesses that need it.

How am I sad?

The guards don’t act on illegal behavior? R u f*cking insane?

Yes the people out getting takeaway drinks , are not the people in house parties. They are doing harm to no one and supporting businesses that need it.

I'd imagine they are the same cohurt...... Rule breakers :eek:

• Advertisement

How am I sad?

You were sitting on a boulder drinking in public... AGS probably felt sorry for you.

Go away u fool.

Advertisement