Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

fin12 wrote: »
    The guards don’t act on illegal behavior? R u f*cking insane?

I said ALL.
    Can you not read?

If it was a rule break, takeaway drinks wouldn’t be an option u f*cking dope.

When you get takeaway chips they don't expect you to eat them off the nearest boulder but they won't stop you ;)
    The pubs are facilitating breach of l5 here as well as local bye laws..... Tut tut

Not when it’s gibberish from a bumbling bafoon.

You seem agitated...... Are you OK? Hungover perhaps?

Of course it’s not illegal otherwise I would have bee. Fined or arrested, neither of which happened. Your one sad individual.
    Go away u fool.
    If it was a rule break, takeaway drinks wouldn’t be an option u f*cking dope.
    Not when it’s gibberish from a bumbling bafoon.

Oh my..... Such anger and hostility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭.red.

AGS walk past junkies shooting up with kids around every day of the week and do nothing about it.
    Don't think they'd have too much of an issue walking past people having a socially distant pint on a street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Strange atmosphere here tonight, lads taking stuff out of context.
    The numbers are down, that's a good thing. The sooner we can get back to normality the better.
    Drinking on the street or wherever, do your bit, that's all we can do individually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Augeo wrote: »
    Oh my..... Such anger and hostility
    Well what I can I say, u bring the best out in someone lol

.red. wrote: »
    AGS walk past junkies shooting up with kids around every day of the week and do nothing about it.
    Don't think they'd have too much of an issue walking past people having a socially distant pint on a street.

Indeed, as I said they don't act on all illegal behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Being offended over people having a drink, the only bit of normal some people have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,146 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Town was evidently busy last night. https://www.corkbeo.ie/culture/food-drink/watch-socially-distanced-groups-brave-19238195

Plenty of bars doing takeaway pints & drinks.

Wait till 24 hours Penneys open :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ok its all gone weird here!

So happy to see numbers reduced today.
    Finding this lockdown slightly easier...when the weather is crap there isn’t any pressure to do anything so light the fire and watch ****e tv...there really is worse ways to spend the wkend

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Well isn’t that a peculiar and fûcking positive way to look at it :-)

Sure what else can we do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Rfrip wrote: »
    Sure what else can we do!

I know but you see so many saying “at least in the spring, the weather was good”, it’s funny to see someone say the complete opposite.

Being offended over people having a drink, the only bit of normal some people have.

I thought you had no problem.
    If drinking on the street is your normal 😂

I thought you had no problem.
    If drinking on the street is your normal ��
    I've no issue with people drinking outside to be honest. Happens everywhere in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

This thread reminds me of logging on here at 3.am on a Sunday morning precovid, oops I am too sober to post here!!!!!

This thread reminds me of logging on here at 3.am on a Sunday morning precovid, oops I am too sober to post here!!!!!

I'd say there's any amount depending on social media these times, this place seems the most rational imo. Sober or not😂😂

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

You seem to have one yourself TBH.

The more peiple who stick to the rules the quicker folk can go back to their jobs & a normal ish life. When pointing out illegal activity is deemed as having a problem it's not the folk pointing out something is illegal has the problem :)
    Rightyo kid

Is it just illegal drinking that bothers you? Mixing with other people indoors is the problem and people are sticking to those rules by having a drink outdoors.

Is it just illegal drinking that bothers you? Mixing with other people indoors is the problem and people are sticking to those rules by having a drink outdoors.

Pubs supplying folk with drink that's consumed in public is not on IMO.
    Drinking takeaway pints etc in public is a breach of L5.... We are all meant to stay at home except for certain activities & drinking on the street isn't one of them.

I've no issue with people drinking outside to be honest. Happens everywhere in Europe.

You've issue with me pointing out its against l5 restrictions and also drinking in public places isn't permitted.

Barbers arent allowed cut hair outside..... Non essential retailers aren't setting up on footpaths etc etc

We are in level5 over fncktards not sticking to guidelines.....

• Advertisement

You've issue with me pointing out its against l5 restrictions and also drinking in public places isn't permitted.

Barbers arent allowed cut hair outside..... Non essential retailers aren't setting up on footpaths etc etc
    Bars are allowed do takeaway. Did you think the government expected people to take the drinks home in the car with them? Come on like.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I know but you see so many saying “at least in the spring, the weather was good”, it’s funny to see someone say the complete opposite.

I can only surmise it’s because I am incredibly lazy!!

Bars are allowed do takeaway. Did you think the government expected people to take the drinks home in the car with them? Come on like.

I'm sure they didn't expect folk to gather outside
    As I pointed out, all this was stopped in Dublin in previous lock down....'......drink is paid for on a licensed premises and is consumed more than 100 metres from any pub and not in a public place, it's all legal'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lots of groups of people around in the city centre this evening on my way to Tesco.

Not drinking, plenty of people getting takeaway food. It's the weekend, but nowhere as quiet as lockdown 1.

Plenty of traffic too. I wonder will they give the stats on traffic like they did last time. That was interesting. Was it seismic monitors or Google data? Can't remember.

I'm sure they didn't expect folk to gather outside
    As I pointed out, all this was stopped in Dublin in previous lock down.

I can't even remember now what L5 restrictions say about meeting people outside. Is there a number limit, or just a no no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Pubs supplying folk with drink that's consumed in public is not on IMO.
    Drinking takeaway pints etc in public is a breach of L5.... We are all meant to stay at home except for certain activities & drinking on the street isn't one of them.

Pubs can open for takeaways. You can't expect people to meet up, get a few takeaway drinks and go off home when you can't visit another household. What can people do? Drinking outdoors in a pandemic really isn't the worst thing to happen.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I can't even remember now what L5 restrictions say about meeting people outside. Is there a number limit, or just a no no?

people are asked to stay at home.
    People should work from home unless providing an essential service for which their physical presence is required (see below for essential services)
    people will be permitted to exercise within a radius of 5 km of their home
    there will be a penalty for movement outside 5km of home, with exemptions to this for essential work and essential purposes (see notes to editors)

We are in level5 over fncktards not sticking to guidelines.....

You're not comparing like with like there.

What's an alternative you'd prefer? Sit in and stay isolated at all costs? Follow the gombeens commands to a tee, and do the same again next January? People know what they're dealing with this time around, myself included. Yet I've only seen my parents 3 times this year, and not hugged them once.
    For all the public drinking you see, you don't know the sacrifices some have to, and continue to do, make.

people are asked to stay at home.
    People should work from home unless providing an essential service for which their physical presence is required (see below for essential services)
    people will be permitted to exercise within a radius of 5 km of their home
    there will be a penalty for movement outside 5km of home, with exemptions to this for essential work and essential purposes (see notes to editors)

Yeah, I agree. It's all not in the spirit of the restrictions, is it.

• Advertisement

You're not comparing like with like there.

What's an alternative you'd prefer? Sit in and stay isolated at all costs? Follow the gombeens commands to a tee, and do the same again next January? People know what they're dealing with this time around, myself included. Yet I've only seen my parents 3 times this year, and not hugged them once.
    For all the public drinking you see, you don't know the sacrifices some have to, and continue to do, make.

If you've a problem with the gombeens advice why not visit your folks weekly or daily?

I'm fairly certain the folk public drinking are not abiding by many rules TBH. And the pubs facilitating it are a joke. Folk drinking within 100m of electric is that article.

Advertisement