Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I go walking at night fairly often, and I often pass by the people out by Electric, etc.

To be perfectly honest, there's been WAY more people crowded into town on any given weekend during the day. Yesterday was particularly busy. Whether people are there during the day or night has no bearing on the transmission of the virus.

Is it ideal? Absolutely not. But we know at this stage it's much much safer than mixing indoors. If some people are going to meet up, much better it be done outdoors. You can't tell off a minute long video of an incident what the situation was, they're all running after the Gardaí because something is happening.

People would want to calm down. This is going to happen. It's an utter waste of emotion to be getting worked up about it and the finger-pointing/"wait for cases to go up in 2 weeks" prophecies after every single public shaming video got old months ago. I understand it's frustrating to look at but the way people are looking for penance just has no bearing on the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

26 today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Great stabilisation and decline seen across the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,130 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

26 today..

124 are men / 128 are women
    •65% are under 45 years of age
    •The median age is 34 years old
    •88 in Dublin, 26 in Cork, 21 in Kilkenny, 16 in Louth, 16 in Mayo with 85 spread across another 20 counties

Good to see decrease in Cork, positive cases seem to be in younger age groups

6 new cases today

• Advertisement

6 new cases today

Is it wrong to say up Cork, great to be in single digits, low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it wrong to say up Cork, great to be in single digits, low

Not in the least! Up the rebels!! Delighted to see low numbers here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Glanmire, Gaelscoil.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Testing the whole school?

Because of the numbers and the diffetent classes involved, every one is now considered a close contact and every pupil and staff member must get tested. Over 450.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Because of the numbers and the diffetent classes involved, every one is now considered a close contact and every pupil and staff member must get tested. Over 450.

I'd kind of laugh if it came back that hundreds of them tested positive. Be serious egg on face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭.red.

titan18 wrote: »
    I'd kind of laugh if it came back that hundreds of them tested positive. Be serious egg on face

A couple of hundred kids with it?
    Yes, hilarious.

.red. wrote: »
    A couple of hundred kids with it?
    Yes, hilarious.

Not that the kids have it, but that NPHET and government kept on saying schools are safe and there's no spread, and if they mass tested them and found loads of cases. It'd be carnage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Not that the kids have it, but that NPHET and government kept on saying schools are safe and there's no spread, and if they mass tested them and found loads of cases. It'd be carnage.

I would suggest it would be pretty easy to mitigate it because this is the first (?) school in ROI to have had to handle an outbreak like this.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I would suggest it would be pretty easy to mitigate it because this is the first (?) school in ROI to have had to handle an outbreak like this.

How many have been mass tested? They did change the definition of close contacts recently so could have had others where they just didn't test

How many have been mass tested? They did change the definition of close contacts recently so could have had others where they just didn't test
    The whole school is being tested. That has happened many times, Colm Henry mentioned it at the briefings a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Pen Rua wrote: »

It’s the second school in cork to be closed due to high number of cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Up again today to 42 :/ wonder if that’s the school? Hopefully they have it under wraps.

• Advertisement

Of the #COVID19 cases notified today;
    •123 are men / 146 are women
    •64% are under 45 years of age
    •The median age is 35 years old
    •88 in Dublin, 42 in Cork, 25 in Limerick, 20 in Louth, 16 in Donegal, and the remaining 78 spread across 17 other counties

Sonrisa wrote: »
    Up again today to 42 :/ wonder if that’s the school? Hopefully they have it under wraps.

Majority of school will be tested today and tomorrow, so their numbers wont show till tomorrow at the earliest.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Majority of school will be tested today and tomorrow, so their numbers wont show till tomorrow at the earliest.

How big is the school?

Just reading TUI suggestion of closing schools on Friday 18th instead of Tuesday 22nd on the basis that lots of family contact that weekend. Makes sense to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

How big is the school?

Just reading TUI suggestion of closing schools on Friday 18th instead of Tuesday 22nd on the basis that lots of family contact that weekend. Makes sense to me

Tui only ambling for more paid leave.

How big is the school?

Students and staff number just over 450. Examiner, Echo said 200.
    Norma already shot down the idea a week or two ago re shutting down 2 days early.
    Yes it makes perfect sense.
    But, there's No Problem in ours schools, so why would we.....is her line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Tui only ambling for more paid leave.

Gotta keep the outward face.

19 new cases today

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

wheres the cases from the school

Advertisement