Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

Interestingly I see Electric aren't reopening for Christmas .........

After a day of soul searching weighing up pros and cons with the team we have decided not to open up for Christmas. Not a decision we have taken likely and are glad the decision was ours to make. We have lots of other fun things planned and will share details as we go.
    We hope all our colleagues that are opening have a royaler and make it to Christmas healthy and wealthy ! Apologies to those whose traditions we have broken , I know some of you were on track for 11 Christmas Eves in our restaurant in a row.
    While the decision was primarily economic and safety informed, we won’t lie, a Christmas off, my first in 17 years , is a serious compensation prize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I have an appointment in town tomorrow evening, no intention of going into any of the shops but I’ll report back on the queues. I imagine Penney’s is going to be mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

14 cases today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

14 cases today

Cork continues to be mid table in terms of incidence rate.

EoFwapSXIAQNZZO?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Should Leitrim be on Level 1 tomorrow? Poor bastards have so little cases & still the same restrictions as everyone else.

Was thinking the same thing about Bantry/West Cork the other day when the LEA numbers were out. Was it 5 cases or something in 2 weeks? I suppose it would be too difficult to have different areas at different levels but it feels wrong imposing such restrictions on places with such little incidence of the virus. Seems harsh. They’re like 80km away from the city.

Whatever about LEA, some counties don’t deserve L3. Would there be much risk in people travelling & importing the virus from elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Should Leitrim be on Level 1 tomorrow? Poor bastards have so little cases & still the same restrictions as everyone else.

Was thinking the same thing about Bantry/West Cork the other day when the LEA numbers were out. Was it 5 cases or something in 2 weeks? I suppose it would be too difficult to have different areas at different levels but it feels wrong imposing such restrictions on places with such little incidence of the virus. Seems harsh. They’re like 80km away from the city.

Whatever about LEA, some counties don’t deserve L3. Would there be much risk in people travelling & importing the virus from elsewhere?

0 in bantry lea, 10 in skibbereen was the 14 day figure I believe, same restrictions but difficult to say where you stop/start, an outbreak could be imminent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,130 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Augeo wrote: »
    Interestingly I see Electric aren't reopening for Christmas .........

After a day of soul searching weighing up pros and cons with the team we have decided not to open up for Christmas. Not a decision we have taken likely and are glad the decision was ours to make. We have lots of other fun things planned and will share details as we go.
    We hope all our colleagues that are opening have a royaler and make it to Christmas healthy and wealthy ! Apologies to those whose traditions we have broken , I know some of you were on track for 11 Christmas Eves in our restaurant in a row.
    While the decision was primarily economic and safety informed, we won’t lie, a Christmas off, my first in 17 years , is a serious compensation prize

Closed even for takeaway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,450 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

H8GHOTI wrote: »

It's a blunt instrument yes, but don't confuse the public with possibly multiple different levels within one county. They're confused enough as it is.

Bierhaus & Abbots Ale House will be doing takeaway hot cider, mulled wine, hot beer (??) and hot mead from this weekend. AFAIK, these two places weren't into takeaway pints during Lockdown 2.0, but instead were selling growlers.

https://www.facebook.com/bierhauscork/posts/5196833450359260

8 additional cases in Cork today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Great to see low cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭cornflake1

My two daughters are getting tested tomorrow in the Lee Covid Screening Centre in the North Link Business Park. Anybody had young children tested here? Mine are age 2 and 4. Will they do the test while they are still sitting in their catseats? Thanks.

cornflake1 wrote: »
    My two daughters are getting tested tomorrow in the Lee Covid Screening Centre in the North Link Business Park. Anybody had young children tested here? Mine are age 2 and 4. Will they do the test while they are still sitting in their catseats? Thanks.

Good luck I hope negative, poor little mites it can be difficult for adults imagine for kids, yes tests are done in cars for adults so I assume the same for kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

cornflake1 wrote: »

No, you’ll likely need to put them on your lap. They’re unlikely to put up no resistance so you’ll have to hold them down unfortunately. The positive is that it’s over quite quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Vaccine rolling out in the UK next week. Hopefully the beginning of the end now.

Vaccine rolling out in the UK next week. Hopefully the beginning of the end now.

I think Pfizer here one out in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

7 cases in Cork today

Doing very well

Boots Ireland launch Covid-19 Testing Service in Cork location

In a first for Ireland, Boots have announced the introduction of Covid-19 testing services in selected stores across the country, including the Half Moon Street store in Cork.

Boots are the first pharmacy group to offer Covid-19 testing in Ireland, with a total of seven stores nationwide offering the PCR testing service from Friday.

[...]

The in-store testing service will cost €139 per test, with results expected the day after the test is conducted.

[...]

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Boots-Ireland-launch-Covid-19-Testing-Service-in-Cork-location-e43c469f-a63f-4e49-adf2-aee89cf2f8f7-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Pen Rua wrote: »

Fantastic. I was actually speaking to one of their staff the week before last about this, as I was getting my flu shot. She said they had the infrastructure to help in any way they could. Great that the HSE is co-operating with them on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

Anyone know the numbers for Cork today?

Less than 5 cases in Cork today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Apparently some IT issue so they reckon undercounted by 100. Hopefully Cork won't have too many of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

Less than 5 cases in Cork today

Great to see!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

how do we trust them with the vaccine they cant even log case numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

mean gene wrote: »
    how do we trust them with the vaccine they cant even log case numbers

U don’t, look to see what’s happening in other countries. Especially since Uk are starting vaccinations next week.

Cork City South Central has one of the highest incidence rates in the country on a LEA level.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1334621600054980609?s=21

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 17/11/2020 to 30/11/2020

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9 (-1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 24.1 (-2.7)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 cases

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 11 (-32), LEA rate per 100k pop: 31.3 (-91.1)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 14 (+1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 41 (+2.9)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 27 (-11), LEA rate per 100k pop: 64 (-26.1)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 5 (-12), LEA rate per 100k pop: 12.4 (-29.9)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 94 (+17), LEA rate per 100k pop: 243.1 (+40)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 13 (-13), LEA rate per 100k pop: 30.4 (-30.4)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 88 (-4), LEA rate per 100k pop: 187 (-8.5)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 11 (-6), LEA rate per 100k pop: 30.2 (-16.5)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 10 (-7), LEA rate per 100k pop: 40.1 (-28.1)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 30 (+3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 81.4 (+8.1)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 8 (-12), LEA rate per 100k pop: 27.4 (-41.2)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 11 (-16), LEA rate per 100k pop: 24.2 (-35.2)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 11 (+1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 36.3 (+3.3)

Fairly good progress made across the county again in the last week. Cork South Central, the 'troublesome' LEA continues to be quite an issue.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Cork City South Central has one of the highest incidence rates in the country on a LEA level.
    Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 94 (+17), LEA rate per 100k pop: 243.1 (+40)

What areas is this?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What areas is this?

Ballyphehane A, Ballyphehane B, Centre A, Centre B, City Hall A, Evergreen, Gillabbey A, Gillabbey B, Gillabbey C, Greenmount, Mardyke, Pouladuff A, Pouladuff B, South Gate A, South Gate B, The Lough, Togher B, Tramore A, Tramore B, Tramore C, Turners Cross A, Turners Cross B, Turners Cross C, Turners Cross D,
    Lehenagh (part), Douglas (part)

Advertisement