Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is LEA for Cork updated tonight ACE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 01/12/2020 to 14/12/2020

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 8 (-3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 21.5 (-8)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 cases

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 8 (+1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 22.8 (+2.9)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 12 (+3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 35.2 (+8.8)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 12 (-8), LEA rate per 100k pop: 28.5 (-18.9)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 18 (+13), LEA rate per 100k pop: 44.8 (+32.4)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 13 (-34), LEA rate per 100k pop: 31 (-88)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9 (-2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 21 (-7)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 11 (-17), LEA rate per 100k pop: 23.4 (-36.1)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 12 (+ ~8), LEA rate per 100k pop: 33 (+ ~29)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 cases

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 16 (-11), LEA rate per 100k pop: 43.4 (-29.3)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 cases

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 10 (+4), LEA rate per 100k pop: 22 (+8.8)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 cases LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 cases

No real signs last week of any major increase but we know now that they'll rise next week

Where is this?
    Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 18 (+13), LEA rate per 100k pop: 44.8 (+32.4)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is this?
    North side, shandon upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

34 today. 4th lowest incidence rate.

• Advertisement

34 today. 4th lowest incidence rate.

310 are men / 265 are women
    60% are under 45 years of age
    The median age is 38 years old
    193 in Dublin, 59 in Wexford, 47 in Louth, 42 in Meath, 34 in Cork and the remaining 207 cases are spread all other remaining counties
    198 in hospital, 34 in ICU

:( depressing high numbers, increasing

How is Cork hospitals?

How is Cork hospitals?

7 in CUH as of yesterday, 1 in Mercy. None in ICU

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm probably being completely OTT here, but couldn't the Echo boy outside the GPO at least wear a mask?
    I know it's outdoors, but still, he is projecting his powerful voice onto a very busy street all day, right where a lot of older people queue for the GPO entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I'm probably being completely OTT here, but couldn't the Echo boy outside the GPO at least wear a mask?
    I know it's outdoors, but still, he is projecting his powerful voice onto a very busy street all day, right where a lot of older people queue for the GPO entrance.

If he wore a mask people wouldn't know what he was saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

igCorcaigh wrote: »

While the danger of virus spread outdoors is less that 1/20th of that in an indoor setting, that lad should certainly wear a mask. He should also be keeping his mouth shut as he is generating a considerable amount of aerosol.

In an indoor setting, he would infect hundreds.

• Advertisement

saabsaab wrote: »

Oh you sure would!
    He's very loud, as per tradition :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

:( depressing high numbers, increasing

It was never going to go any other way.
    It isn't going to get any better soon.
    January is going to be bleak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

If you were a true Corkonian you would and that's all that matters 😀

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If you are from Cork and you don't know what he's selling there, you are not from Cork.

We're increasing again :( apparently Christmas parties are responsible according to press briefing, seriously who is having Christmas parties this year :mad:

Dinners out in restaurants is what they are referring to. Lots of people taking the p1ss and the amount of restaurant staff that can't keep their hands away from their mask every two minutes is grim enough to observe.

54 cases today.

In the last 24 hours An Garda Síochána has detected a number of breaches of COVID19 regulations by licensed premises, across the country (Limerick, Cork, Carlow, Meath)

In the last 24 hours An Garda Síochána has detected a number of breaches of COVID19 regulations by licensed premises, across the country (Limerick, Cork, Carlow, Meath)

Yesterday, I saw a guy buying kegs from a van in a filling station. Could have been legit but it looked fierce dodgy!

Is there a known outbreak somehwere? Seems to have went from 7 cases to 54 cases very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Is there a known outbreak somehwere? Seems to have went from 7 cases to 54 cases very quickly

There are several cases in a nursing home on the north side, mostly staff at the moment, so I’d say the virus is more rampant than we realise with a fair amount of asymptotic cases and transmission going on even with the low numbers we’ve had the past few weeks.

There are several cases in a nursing home on the north side, mostly staff at the moment, so I’d say the virus is more rampant than we realise with a fair amount of asymptotic cases and transmission going on even with the low numbers we’ve had the past few weeks.
    Good few school outbreaks too. My 11 y/o cousin's whole class in Passage have been quarantined after the teacher tested positive.

Good few school outbreaks too. My 11 y/o cousin's whole class in Passage have been quarantined after the teacher tested positive.

They should close the schools earlier for Christmas and let them have a longer extended break as quite a few clusters in schools everywhere yet we are still told schools are safe

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

They should close the schools earlier for Christmas and let them have a longer extended break as quite a few clusters in schools everywhere yet we are still told schools are safe

Far from safe - but probably safer in Ireland than where I am.

Will be interesting to see if there is a reaction to what has happened today in the UK, where the clown in charge claimed that the rise in numbers is due to a new strain, but when councils told schools to do online learning for the week before Christmas, they were threatened with legal action.

Ireland won't make the same mistake I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I wonder if this new strain will get here during Christmas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I fully expect the numbers to go through the roof over the next week., they've been rising alarmingly as it is. Government will no doubt cancel New Year celebrations by imposing new restrictions around the 27th and rightly so. Tine will tell.

I wonder if this new strain will get here during Christmas?

It would be very surprising if it didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Outbreak in a crèche also 8 staff 6 kids so far and numerous staff members familys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I would think that is an indication of the school measures being effective if the children are not testing positive?

Advertisement