Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it’s not too bad & this lockdown won’t be as long.

Longer I'd say, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

opus wrote: »
    A friend of mine who works in the HSE was finishing up for xmas yesterday when she got a call to say she's being redeployed back to swabbing duty and to report for the first 12-hour shift on Stephen's day. Would certainly make you think things aren't going well as last time she was doing this was back in the early Summer.

Are they busy now as people might have travelled here and are looking for tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

TheDriver wrote: »
    I don't think we'll see pubs and restaurants open anytime soon.
    Ludo wrote: »
    Longer I'd say, unfortunately.

That’s the spirit!

Ah they’ll have to leave us romantics out for Valentine’s Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Mad how we’re under so much pressure from this virus but every hospital in the city has unused wards completely closed and a test facilitie on the douglas road that was only open for a week 🀦ðŸ¼*♂️

Scamdemic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    That's a big increase in South East.

Big increases in all Cork city plus also Bandon and Kinsale, any idea if these clusters are from schools and nursing homes?

• Advertisement

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
    Let your heart be light
    As from now on, a vaccine is in sight
    So have yourself a merry little Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mad how we’re under so much pressure from this virus but every hospital in the city has unused wards completely closed and a test facilitie on the douglas road that was only open for a week

That is unfortunately the problem with all these lockdowns.
    The amount of people who will die from cancer, heart problems and other illnesses as a result of missed screenings, treatments and general visits to their GP will be huge in the coming years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

As was referred to earlier above this thread is going months and months abt who's getting it how did they get it pubs open numbers etc all this is irrelevant as anyone from some covid hell hole like London US Spain etc can come in here without isolating no mather how many months we do of level 5. And this continues etc etc there's your covid

Mad how we’re under so much pressure from this virus but every hospital in the city has unused wards completely closed and a test facilitie on the douglas road that was only open for a week 🀦ðŸ¼*♂️

Scamdemic!

Hey chuck it opened up today again seen a lot of cars waiting for a test first day in months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Happy christmas to all on here, hup cork, mighty county all the same

• Advertisement

People from abroad fly in without isolating in fact the government organises planes for you to fly in no isolating no fcuk all. You put on your mask wash your hands do your bit don't ever forget this government is useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Scamdemic!
    South Douglas Road was open this morning and earlier in the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Scamdemic!
    Who gains out of this alleged scam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Who gains out of this alleged scam?

China, pharma companies. Plenty others but those are the first two that come to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

fin12 wrote: »
    China, pharma companies. Plenty others but those are the first two that come to mind.

And why would governments the world over support China and the pharma companies in this scam as their economies desperately suffer?

What exactly has China got to gain?
    Anyway, enjoy your Christmas, Mr Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Scamdemic!

Was it you with the spray can on the road signs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

And why would governments the world over support China and the pharma companies in this scam as their economies desperately suffer?

What exactly has China got to gain?
    Anyway, enjoy your Christmas, Mr Trump.

Ha lol , thanks for your sessions greetings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭.red.

Scamdemic me hole.
    There's football clubs who are bigger that forbes 500 companies and hemorrhaging millions a week due to the pandemic.
    Ronaldo earns about €2m a month and kept testing positive for 3 weeks but with no symptoms. Not once did Juve or Ronaldo claim a scamdemic.
    These clubs have the best doctors and best facilities in the world.
    Not one of them have come out with a scamdemic claim. They have the medical professionals and the lawyers cabable of challenging the government's, but not one of them have.
    Have the government's made a balls of a lot of decisions, yes.
    Have they all gotten together to make all this sh1t up, for a global reset, no. And if you believe they have then God bless you and your over active imagination.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Might explain the big increase in South East LEA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Might explain the big increase in South East LEA.
    it does indeed yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

So people that are meant to be isolating gets a taxi to be moved???

Expect more cases with taxi drivers.

1,296 casses 6 deaths in ROI - RIP, no county breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

1,296 casses 6 deaths in ROI - RIP, no county breakdown

Is that a record high?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Worztron wrote: »
    Is that a record high?

yes - slightly above the highest recorded back in April - 1283

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

lulublue22 wrote: »
    yes - slightly above the highest recorded back in April - 1283

Let's not forget in April you had to have a few symptoms to get a test and no one could do anything or go anywhere.
    There have been a record number of tests this week and uncovering cases that would have gone unrecorded in April.

Let's not forget in April you had to have a few symptoms to get a test and no one could do anything or go anywhere.
    There have been a record number of tests this week and uncovering cases that would have gone unrecorded in April.

Back at the end of March, I was a close contact of a couple of people who had it but because I had very minor symptoms, I wasn't sent forward for a test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Back at the end of March, I was a close contact of a couple of people who had it but because I had very minor symptoms, I wasn't sent forward for a test.

Now they'd send you for a test with no symptoms in that scenario.

Now they'd send you for a test with no symptoms in that scenario.

Oh, I know. I wish I had been sent for one back then.

• Advertisement

131 cases in Cork today. Not sure of numbers for the last couple of days.

Advertisement