Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

15 CUH staff are being vaccinated from 3pm this afternoon.
    250 more tomorrow and 250 more on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

15 CUH staff are being vaccinated from 3pm this afternoon.
    250 more tomorrow and 250 more on Thursday.

My dad's currently in CUH with covid and the staff have been amazing. Its quiet scary to see the effects on a healthy person though. Hes there a week and will be for another 2 or 3 weeks. On oxygen but being reduced daily now. Will need physio after it all to. Only 55 years old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My dad's currently in CUH with covid and the staff have been amazing. Its quiet scary to see the effects on a healthy person though. Hes there a week and will be for another 2 or 3 weeks. On oxygen but being reduced daily now. Will need physio after it all to. Only 55 years old

Hopefully, he'll be fine.
    Scary stuff, 55 wouldn't be a high risk group.
    Sobering stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Hopefully, he'll be fine.
    Scary stuff, 55 wouldn't be a high risk group.
    Sobering stuff.

Hes much better thank god. All 7 of us in the house caught it due to a outbreak in a crèche. Mild for most of us including my mother who would have health issues. Dad was the last one I was expecting to need this. But he's on the mend thank god.

Hes much better thank god. All 7 of us in the house caught it due to a outbreak in a crèche. Mild for most of us including my mother who would have health issues. Dad was the last one I was expecting to need this. But he's on the mend thank god.
    Every single case I know of in the last two weeks is linked to a school/creche, not gatherings etc that people seem to be pushing. I have friends who are very sick right now because of a primary school outbreak in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Professor Mary Horgan has received the vaccine, just read it there, along with a few nurses. 15 vaccines being administered today and 250 tomorrow and 250 NYE. A great day 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

The front line should be first to get the vaccine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

saabsaab wrote: »
    The front line should be first to get the vaccine.

She is front line - she’s been working on the wards since this started and I did say that nurses received it also today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Todays testing data is in and its not pretty reading

Total tests: 13,802, % Tests Positive 14.5%, Positive Tests 2,007.

We have upwards of 1000 positive tests unreported so today could be anywhere from 2,000-3,000. No wonder the cabinet is meeting tomorrow #COVID19ireland

https://twitter.com/riochtconor2/status/1343950801547497473?s=21

Grim reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

Every single case I know of in the last two weeks is linked to a school/creche.

The latest transmission breakdown for Ireland published Sat night show that 64.8% of cases fall into that category (close contact of a confirmed case).

The probability that all cases in a random selection fall into that category is 0.648 ^ N where N is the number of cases, e.g. the odds of hearing of a dozen cases exclusively in that category are about 200/1.

Assuming good faith, I’m thinking one of the following:

- The selection of cases you heard about wasn’t random.
    - You haven’t heard about many cases.
    - You really should play the Lotto more frequently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

203 positive cases in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

444 in Dublin, 203 in Cork, 111 in Louth, 87 in Limerick, 85 in Donegal and the remaining 616 cases are spread across all other counties.
    As of 2pm today, 411 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 34 are in ICU. 47 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭lulublue22

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    444 in Dublin, 203 in Cork, 111 in Louth, 87 in Limerick, 85 in Donegal and the remaining 616 cases are spread across all other counties.
    As of 2pm today, 411 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 34 are in ICU. 47 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.

203 seems high for Cork - I know there was a cluster in the DP centre any other known clusters ?

lulublue22 wrote: »
    203 seems high for Cork - I know there was a cluster in the DP centre any other known clusters ?
    There's cases absolutely everywhere, it isnt clusters causing this

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Wonder if we'll be going for a full lockdown tomorrow

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    100%, they have to.
    I would generally be considered on the COVID thread as some sort of anti-restriction loon (I'm not) and even I think this is way out of control. Cork's numbers are just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Almost certainly

Simon Harris said today “Government are meeting for the second time in three days, it’s not to exchange pleasantries”

Every single case I know of in the last two weeks is linked to a school/creche, not gatherings etc that people seem to be pushing. I have friends who are very sick right now because of a primary school outbreak in the town.

They should keep the schools and creches closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Acosta

lulublue22 wrote: »

Heard earlier of one in the Killbrittain area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,694 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Acosta wrote: »
    Heard earlier of one in the Killbrittain area.

I've heard of one or two of them.

Local undertakers are self isolating also and there missing out on a few funerals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Guaranteed I would imagine.

Interesting to see over the next week or so what the actual numbers are like. Hard to judge the current figures as it is so up and down with the hoidays.

I think I am more worried and scared now as the new variants are spreading faster and some folks just don't care anyone, everyone take care and stay safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I think I am more worried and scared now as the new variants are spreading faster and some folks just don't care anyone, everyone take care and stay safe

I feel the same Liz tbh. It seems to be rampant now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Ludo wrote: »
    Guaranteed I would imagine.

Interesting to see over the next week or so what the actual numbers are like. Hard to judge the current figures as it is so up and down with the hoidays.

Hardly given the current measures a chance to bed in as well, when was the last change only 5 days ago? If they're about to make harsher restrictions I really hope they're using decent modelling to show the current aren't enough to end up with a downward slope after a sufficient response time.

The new variant has been proven to be no more virulent than any other variant.

It's not different mutations causing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭shawki

Heckler wrote: »
    My Mum at 87 went through a major potentially fatal illness this end of summer. Was in hospital for 6 weeks only able to do zoom calls. My sister is back from the US now as it could maybe the last time she sees her alive. Selfish ? Probably. Care ? Nah.

My Mum would rather see her grandkids this Christmas than be hiding away in a ****ing bedroom scared. We went out today, masks on, 4k walk and a trip to Supervalu. And no-one ****ing died.

You’ve been online since my question, you gonna tell me what SuperValu your sister was swanning around in?

Hospital Update

CUH increased by 1 to 15, in-hospital positive test.
    ICU down by 1 to zero.

Mercy no change at 3 with zero in ICU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

shawki wrote: »
    You’ve been online since my question, you gonna tell me what SuperValu your sister was swanning around in?

My sister wasn't swanning around any supervalu. Myself and my mother were. And it was the supervalu in Togher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The new variant has been proven to be no more virulent than any other variant.

It's not different mutations causing this.

Source? Great news if that's true.

Advertisement