Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The engineer in me is kind of annoyed from a data gathering point of view that they're confounding the results of the previous changes. There's a few days give or take before the effects of closing pubs and restaurants kicks in, it would be nice to get some clear data on how big an effect that type of measure has. Would make decision making easier going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

Acosta wrote: »
    Thanks for the scoop, but I was aware it is people that spread the virus, not shops. That is why I thought it was grim to see so many piling into shops the day after the highest daily covid figures were announced.

I was in Dunnes stores, Bishopstown earlier for food shopping and to return some clothes. The queue for the drapery was almost to the entrance nearest to Topaz side. Decided to leave it for another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Acosta

Yeah, I'm sure there was 'piles' etc. Grim, awful, disgusting, shame, etc.

Hardly disgusting or shameful, just not very smart given where we are at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,694 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know if shops will be open for click and collect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I was in Dunnes stores, Bishopstown earlier for food shopping and to return some clothes. The queue for the drapery was almost to the entrance nearest to Topaz side. Decided to leave it for another day.

You'd think people would have enough of shopping in the run up to Christmas.
    What is it all about ? The shops close for 1 day and people are stocking up as if there is an apocalypse coming.

People are supposed to be limiting their contacts yet the HSE are incredulously reporting 'around 100 cases a day' of people with between 20 and 30 close contacts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Zardoz wrote: »
    What is it all about ? The shops close for 1 day and people are stocking up as if there is an apocalypse coming.

People are supposed to be limiting their contacts yet the HSE are incredulously reporting 'around 100 cases a day' of people with between 20 and 30 close contacts.

It’s not just now it’s been like this all of November and December.

Whole families going shopping in that store, people having the chats in the middle of the aisles, browsing through clothes and the drapery section.

People still not wearing masks or wearing them improperly.

It’s also just way too crowded they are letting in way too many people I don’t care what anyone says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just heard that apparently there is a massive COVID outbreak in CUH discovered today.

:( cluster in CUH, caught in the hospital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    :( cluster in CUH, caught in the hospital?
    yes, multiple wards across the hospital

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

yes, multiple wards across the hospital

Multiple wards? What's going on there? It's rampant in cork.

Multiple wards? What's going on there? It's rampant in cork.
    There's an outbreak every week in CUH, MRSA particularly. A COVID outbreak isn't exactly a shock, unexpected or preventable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

You'd hope ppl would cop the **** on instead of panic shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I was in Dunnes stores, Bishopstown earlier for food shopping and to return some clothes. The queue for the drapery was almost to the entrance nearest to Topaz side.

Maybe they going for food shopping and to return some clothes? What makes you so great compared to them?

I was one of those poeple shopping today. A radiator went kaput in the house, had to go looking for an electric radiator to replace it until I can get somebody to fix it. So I had to queue up in a few places to find one. Eventually got one in Argos. Is it okay that I went to Argos? Or should I have gone there first before trying in Woodies?

You might have even seen me and thought "look at that feckin eejit, why is he queuing up to shop during the covid?"

Some people have to go to shops. Now, if the whole population of Cork was inside a shop, then I'd agree with you.

I think the fear of lockdown level 5 incoming, leads to more shopping, panic stock piling

Maybe they going for food shopping and to return some clothes? What makes you so great compared to them?

I was one of those poeple shopping today. A radiator went kaput in the house, had to go looking for an electric radiator to replace it until I can get somebody to fix it. So I had to queue up in a few places to find one. Eventually got one in Argos. Is it okay that I went to Argos? Or should I have gone there first before trying in Woodies?

You might have even seen me and thought "look at that feckin eejit, why is he queuing up to shop during the covid?"

Some people have to go to shops. Now, if the whole population of Cork was inside a shop, then I'd agree with you.

I felt it wasn't urgent enough to return clothes, being stuck in a huge queue for a while.

73 today. A good drop in numbers.

73 today. A good drop in numbers.
    There's a backlog of about 5000 cases, I wouldn't be too happy tbh. Testing has collapsed, close contacts are no longer being tested.

There's a backlog of about 5000 cases, I wouldn't be too happy tbh. Testing has collapsed, close contacts are no longer being tested.

Happy New Year All, Take Care and Stay Safe

Happy New Year! bright times ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Same here. Even with tonights high numbers a ~70 odd in Cork seems artificially low. I'd say theres underreporting there, and thats before the 4000 case backlog that they are going to dripfeed to us, or hit us with suddenly.

Quick update, 515 people have been vaccinated at CUH since Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Great to see positive figures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

How many people out of the 5 million here would fall into the vulnerable or frontline at guess? 1 million?

Edit

I also would like NPHET when they update the figures and deaths each evening to update on the vaccination count also and give people some perspective as to how quick the HSE is distributing it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

How many people out of the 5 million here would fall into the vulnerable or frontline at guess? 1 million?

Edit

I also would like NPHET when they update the figures and deaths each evening to update on the vaccination count also and give people some perspective as to how quick the HSE is distributing it.

Here you go. Estimates

https://twitter.com/rachellavin/status/1338484785367408640

Here we go....

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 15/12/2020 to 28/12/2020

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 126 (+83), LEA rate per 100k pop: 338.1 (+222.7)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 83 (+76), LEA rate per 100k pop: 370.1 (+332.9)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 90 (+63), LEA rate per 100k pop: 256.1 (+179.3)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 64 (+40), LEA rate per 100k pop: 187.6 (+117.3)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 78 (+49), LEA rate per 100k pop: 185 (+116.2)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 74 (+30), LEA rate per 100k pop: 184.1 (+74.6)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 120 (+87), LEA rate per 100k pop: 310.3 (+225)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 192 (+137), LEA rate per 100k pop: 448.8 (+320.2)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 71 (+49), LEA rate per 100k pop: 150.9 (+104.1)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 41 (+19), LEA rate per 100k pop: 112.6 (+49.1)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 23 (+18), LEA rate per 100k pop: 92.2 (+72.1)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 31 (+19), LEA rate per 100k pop: 84.1 (+51.5)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 32 (+20), LEA rate per 100k pop: 109.8 (+68.6)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 43 (+21), LEA rate per 100k pop: 94.6 (+50.2)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 47 (+39), LEA rate per 100k pop: 155.2 (+135.4)

Big increases seen in two of the city LEAs. I don't know what is going on in West Cork, some insane increases. Haven't seen that before.

Does Kilbrittain fall under Bandon Kinsale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Kilbrittain fall under Bandon Kinsale?

Yes I'd say so, lots of positives from there and then spread to Bandon

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Heard there were 12 positive cases from the Harp bar in Ballyphehane.

My grandparent's neighbour was isolating as a result

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    Heard there were 12 positive cases from the Harp bar in Ballyphehane.

My grandparent's neighbour was isolating as a result

You are now entering.. self isolation.

• Advertisement

I was wondering why my LEA (cork city south east) was so bad but then remembered the kinsale road direct provision centre is in this lea

Advertisement