Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

marno21 wrote: »
    You are now entering.. self isolation.

I'm isolating anyways as I'm receiving treatment. Haven't seen my grandparents in months :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    I'm isolating anyways as I'm receiving treatment. Haven't seen my grandparents in months :(

Apologies, I didn’t give the context.. :)

D9_SDPhXUAAEMl7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

I was wondering why my LEA (cork city south east) was so bad but then remembered the kinsale road direct provision centre is in this lea

is this not south central?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

I've never noticed that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

is this not south central?

The border with south central is the roundabout

• Advertisement

Happy New Year lads. 2021, finally a bit of hope and brightness ahead. Best wishes, stay safe.

ACE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I was wondering why my LEA (cork city south east) was so bad but then remembered the kinsale road direct provision centre is in this lea
    Residents must have had Covid 10 times over at this stage it's mentioned so much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,123 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Take Care Enzo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Happy New Year lads. 2021, finally a bit of hope and brightness ahead. Best wishes, stay safe.

ACE

I've stayed out of this thread since the last covid restrictions when I got my yellow card. Just want to say a big fair play to you ACE for providing fair and accurate commentary. Round the clock sometimes. Very informative. And it is appreciated.

Happy new year to all.

2000 vaccinations taking place in Cork hospitals alone this weekend.
    https://twitter.com/echolivecork/status/1344950249794666497?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1344974491500347392?s=21

Best thing to see when I open Twitter for the first time in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 4 _Corkwatch

Heard there were 12 positive cases from the Harp bar in Ballyphehane.

My grandparent's neighbour was isolating as a result

Significant amount of staff in Dwyers confirmed positive too. Surely this information should be made public to keep guests who visited there vigilant against possible symptoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I see you are getting the entire S/SW Hospital groups allocation, we in Waterford shall just have to struggle on until the 11st of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

_Corkwatch wrote: »
    Significant amount of staff in Dwyers confirmed positive too. Surely this information should be made public to keep guests who visited there vigilant against possible symptoms.

Friend of mine was in docklands on 20th for a family meal and 3 of them tested positive since she also mentioned the owners also tested positive. Id love to know how many other customers were also affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

I see you are getting the entire S/SW Hospital groups allocation, we in Waterford shall just have to struggle on until the 11st of January.

Christ almighty; I get you’re frustrated but anyone posting on this board are hardly to blame for that?!
    What was the point of you posting that here?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

https://twitter.com/PhotosCork/status/1339893654626951171

Why indoor dining was allowed without a huge focus on ensuring proper ventilation will puzzle me. Far more important than ensuring people paid 9€ for a meal. We as a nation were freaking out of images of groups outdoors in Cork city centre in November....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

quite right , i design ventilation systems as part of my job and in general bars / restaurants in cork, Ireland or Europe are not setup well enough to operate in a safe fashion during these times.

There are a few exceptions but if i conducted a survey or audit of most, including some hotel restaurants there would be significant risks found.

One of the highest risks has been linked with recirculating AC systems, these can often be concealed so visually may not be visible from the space. But are essentially just taking the air from the room, cooling it or heating it and sending it back out , so it gets all mixed across the room, with only minimal fresh air added.

Best case scenario is a 100% fresh air system with some form of heat recovery that doesnt mix the fresh air with the extract air directly, but instead used a plate heat exchanger , or thermal wheel . But generally only the best setups in the city have this and its usually for modern Grade A offices , or some manufacturing facilities.

_Corkwatch wrote: »

Is that a Cork pub too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

If you like a pint then fresh won't bother you. Open the windows let the air in, most pubs are too hot anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that a Cork pub too?

Ya, across from courthouse, next to Reardons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that a Cork pub too?

Yeah city centre based , only launched 2019. More of a restaurant with a bar vibe I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Ya, across from courthouse, next to Reardons.

I for some reason assumed the Dwyers in question was Dwyers Electrical on Forge Hill and not the pub. Not sure which it is now.

Ludo wrote: »
    I for some reason assumed the Dwyers in question was Dwyers Electrical on Forge Hill and not the pub. Not sure which it is now.

It was mentioned in relation to The Harp, so I’ve assumed pub. Haven’t heard anything about it other than here though.

296 cases today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Was down in fountainstown earlier today the car park was full and it was jammers. Queue was out the door for that little shop on the corner and there was also a mobile coffee stall there too. The guards arrived went into the shop and presumably spoke to whoever was running the shop. They took a look at the number of people on the beach then jumped back in their squad car and drove off.

Was down in fountainstown earlier today the car park was full and it was jammers. Queue was out the door for that little shop on the corner and there was also a mobile coffee stall there too. The guards arrived went into the shop and presumably spoke to whoever was running the shop. They took a look at the number of people on the beach then jumped back in their squad car and drove off.
    The shop is an issue, the beach isn’t, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

aisling86 wrote: »
    Friend of mine was in docklands on 20th for a family meal and 3 of them tested positive since she also mentioned the owners also tested positive. Id love to know how many other customers were also affected.

I was in there around then :eek: I wondered why they closed early for Christmas.

296 cases today

1,754 new cases
    11 additional deaths

We could have 500 cases for Cork with backlog

:(

• Advertisement

296 cases today

Oh! That’s our highest one day total.
    And the 1,754 nationwide is underreported, so god knows what the truth is. A lot of those 296 could be a few days old but we can still expect 300+ over the coming days whenever they get around to confirming the backlog of cases.

Advertisement