Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

No vaccine?

Only started in the last few days.

When I said strict lockdown I mean strict lockdown, like the cops coming to your door to make sure you were at home and enforcing isolation if you were a close contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    Only started in the last few days.

When I said strict lockdown I mean strict lockdown, like the cops coming to your door to make sure you were at home and enforcing isolation if you were a close contact.

So doing things properly then?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

their culture and society is more collective anyways, so the population were more amenable to these policies. Plus housing is more apartment block based which made it easier to police.

Europe and the US have been more about mitigation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Place on South Douglas Road has been jointed for tests all week. This place only opened up Christmas week after been closed for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Irish populace would lose their shlts if they experienced anything like an enforced strict lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭limnam

their culture and society is more collective anyways, so the population were more amenable to these policies. Plus housing is more apartment block based which made it easier to police.

Europe and the US have been more about mitigation.

In Poland you had police knocking in daily for people in isolation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

their culture and society is more collective anyways, so the population were more amenable to these policies.

That’s a very gentle way of phrasing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

My uncle works in CUH & hes currently on nights and he said its v bad, its everywhere & no ICU beds available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,121 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pen Rua wrote: »
    3,394 cases nationwide today.

389 are in Cork.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1345431115151114241

4 deaths
    3,394 cases
    (includes unstated number from the backlog)

The number in hospital has exceeded 600

389 very high :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

We took a walk through Fitzgerald’s Park via the Shakey Bridge. Both the park and bridge were busy, with the cafe in the park doing a roaring trade - good to see.

• Advertisement

Kirby’s Korner in Ballinhassig closing for collections as many cases in the area, for safety to protect the staff and owners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Latest hospital update:

CUH up to 38 from 22, increase of 16. 11 of these are positive in-hospital tests. 2 in ICU, increase of 1.
    Mercy up by 4 to 14. 3 of these are positive in-hospital tests. Zero in ICU.

aisling86 wrote: »
    My uncle works in CUH & hes currently on nights and he said its v bad, its everywhere & no ICU beds available.
    Latest hospital update:

CUH up to 38 from 22, increase of 16. 11 of these are positive in-hospital tests. 2 in ICU, increase of 1.
    Mercy up by 4 to 14. 3 of these are positive in-hospital tests. Zero in ICU.

Do you think appointments for CUH and procedures etc., will go ahead for January with the current numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you think appointments for CUH and procedures etc., will go ahead for January with the current numbers?

I have an outpatient appointment for cuh and got the letter to say that is now going to be a phone consultation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Kirby’s Korner in Ballinhassig closing for collections as many cases in the area, for safety to protect the staff and owners

Carrigaline (again) gangs of teens flying about in groups, No masks at all, parental control in this kip is abysmal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭limnam

There's a number of businesses that could do with following Kirby's example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

“CUH has no additional ICU beds”

Why is that I wonder?

Only 2 patients in ICU with covid. So beds are full with other patients presumably. Or they are so short staffed they are unable to use all the beds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Acosta

Came across the first checkpoint since the latest lockdown was announced earlier. They had two vehicles pulled in(possibly for something other than breaking restrictions), but I also saw them turn someone around and send them back the way they came. I didn't see that happen once during the autumn lockdown.

As previous poster said, CUH ICU only has 2 COVID patients. That's not a COVID problem.

• Advertisement

As previous poster said, CUH ICU only has 2 COVID patients. That's not a COVID problem.

According to the radio news today CUH has many nurses out with Covid, ward closed, ICU full

According to the radio news today CUH has many nurses out with Covid, ward closed, ICU full
    The ICU has 2 COVID patients. It's full of people without COVID.

RE the nurses, I posted here 4 days ago that there was a major outbreak:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115745830&postcount=4225

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    “CUH has no additional ICU beds”

Why is that I wonder?

Only 2 patients in ICU with covid. So beds are full with other patients presumably. Or they are so short staffed they are unable to use all the beds.
    Not great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Whether the ICU is full with non-covid patients is irrelevant really to anyone needing a bed there. There is more likely to be people needing them soon so it is a problem either way.

Hearing theres an outbreak among staff in McDonalds in Mahon Point

4962 today. Backlog being worked off hopefully.

Nationwide obviously...not all Cork.

350 Cork

Over 1000 cases in Dublin today, knew they were very low. Id say thats about as high as it would go for us in Cork tbh

Over 1000 cases in Dublin today, knew they were very low. Id say thats about as high as it would go for us in Cork tbh

Ever the optimist....I'll give you that.

Ludo wrote: »
    Ever the optimist....I'll give you that.
    You only need to look at Dublin's cases yesterday to see how they were underreporting. Cork is in a different region than Dublin so different branch of the HSE reporting the figures. Based on the last few days I would say ours are accurate.

On another note, 600+ in Limerick today, **** me.

• Advertisement

The ICU has 2 COVID patients. It's full of people without COVID.

RE the nurses, I posted here 4 days ago that there was a major outbreak:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115745830&postcount=4225

It worrying having so many nurses out

Advertisement