Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

What ever about the high cases the extremely slow roll out of vaccine is really depressing stuff.

We’re miles behind other country’s for the rate of the roll out and we’re showing no signs of plans in place to speed it up. Only having it rolled Monday - Friday during normal office hours is a joke too. Has this some how caught the HSE off Guard? They had 9 months to prepare for this

You seem surprised that the HSE is unable to put a plan in place and execute it efficiently...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,694 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Click and Collect may be gone also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Received a lovely private message this evening from someone likely viewing this thread calling me 'pathetic' etc. for sharing information at the CUH on here :D If anyone else has an issue with it and would like me to stop, or if a moderator has an issue with it, let me know please, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Received a lovely private message this evening from someone likely viewing this thread calling me 'pathetic' etc. for sharing information at the CUH on here :D If anyone else has an issue with it and would like me to stop, or if a moderator has an issue with it, let me know please, cheers.

Nice to hear a bit of positive information to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What a sad b*stard. What’s pathetic about posting info on CUH????

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    What a sad b*stard. What’s pathetic about posting info on CUH????
    I'm sharing highly classified top secret ultra secure staff only details or something, most of which is openly published by the hse. No idea tbh :D

I'm sharing highly classified top secret ultra secure staff only details or something, most of which is openly published by the hse. No idea tbh :D

Funny , the last thing u posted was about a lot of the staff being vaccinated which is good news. Guess they love all the misery and we’re annoyed reading something positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,115 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like your post updates, ignore the haters, I appreciate them, good or bad, thank you ACE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I have a close relative working in CUH as well and when I posted info earlier in the pandemic they threatened to have me fired if I didn’t stop sharing what I knew at once... I don’t even work there. And what I was sharing wasn’t a secret either.

Is sending abusive PM’s not against the rules around here? Maybe you should let a Mod know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Thanks ace, haters going to hate

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I have a close relative working in CUH as well and when I posted info earlier in the pandemic they threatened to have me fired if I didn’t stop sharing what I knew at once... I don’t even work there. And what I was sharing wasn’t a secret either.

Is sending abusive PM’s not against the rules around here? Maybe you should let a Mod know.

Do they post in this thread aswell?

SusieBlue wrote: »

To be honest with ya I deleted it as soon as i read it because it wasn't worth a reply, just thought I'd gauge the room

Click and Collect may be gone also!

In all retail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Keep it coming ACE

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    In all retail?

What if u have placed an order ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

What if u have placed an order ?

Changes probably from 6pm tomorow or something

Changes probably from 6pm tomorow or something

Ya but it takes a couple of days for it to get into the shop???

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Ya but it takes a couple of days for it to get into the shop???

Gone will now be click and deliver only

Gone will now be click and deliver only

Will they get rid of the delivery charge so cause some places only give free delivery if ur order is over a certain amount?

Will they get rid of the delivery charge so cause some places only give free delivery if ur order is over a certain amount?

Thats up to individual places thr government cant say places can't charge for delivery. So I doubt places will deliver one item for free it will probably stay pay unless over a certain amount

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

You must be doing something right then.
    Keep up the good work ACE.

I've always appreciated your input to this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Surely ye can last a month without goods other than food for a month, there is light at the end of the tunnel, between vaccination and improving temperatures come March things will be looking up.

Surely ye can last a month without goods other than food for a month, there is light at the end of the tunnel, between vaccination and improving temperatures come March things will be looking up.

Oh I agree im doing no shopping or going out between now and whenever the cases go way lower. Food delivered and staying in bar for exercise.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I did a big shop today from Aldi by the Elysian.
    Had to, no lentils even lol!

Fairly quiet, definitely a change, my first time out in 5 days.

We are slow on the vaccine roll out, nursing homes should be done by now imho plus all hospital staff and patients, we need to up the ante on testing, contact tracing and vaccinations, delayed testing, IT glitchs etc., after 9 months is unacceptable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Oh I agree im doing no shopping or going out between now and whenever the cases go way lower. Food delivered and staying in bar for exercise.

How's your dad doing? Wasn't he taken to hospital a few weeks ago, or am I thinking of the wrong poster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,694 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    In all retail?

Sorry should have being more clear it appears it’s for none essential items.
    So, you can still do it with grocery shopping.
    However they could ad anything to the list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That gave me a good chuckle to be honest.

As my father used to say, there's nothing as queer as folk.

If a poster has an issue, this is the Thread for it, not a 'pathetic' PM imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Paper doesn't refuse ink. I thought reporting pm's was an option on most forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Please keep posting these updates - they are very informative.

Advertisement