Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Just heard on 96fm click and collect is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭RINO87

Moderna Vaccine approved today, of which we are due to receive 880,000. Good news.
    This Vaccine is much better suited to our sparse population.

https://www.thejournal.ie/european-medicines-agency-moderna-meeting-5317223-Jan2021/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭RINO87

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Please keep posting these updates - they are very informative.

Seconded.

RINO87 wrote: »
    Moderna Vaccine approved today, of which we are due to receive 880,000. Good news.
    This Vaccine is much better suited to our sparse population.

https://www.thejournal.ie/european-medicines-agency-moderna-meeting-5317223-Jan2021/

Leo on Twitter "Good news. Once delivered, it should allow us to increase the number of people we vaccinate by an extra c.10k per week"

It's a 2 dose vaccine and we are getting circa 880k doses.
    We're getting 2.2 million of the Pfizer one iirc.

Next one likely is CureVac, 2 doses again but storage in Fridge: 2°C to 8°C, Ireland will/should get 2.475 million, approval expected February 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Augeo wrote: »
    Leo on Twitter "Good news. Once delivered, it should allow us to increase the number of people we vaccinate by an extra c.10k per week"

It's a 2 dose vaccine and we are getting circa 880k doses.
    We're getting 2.2 million of the Pfizer one iirc.

Next one likely is CureVac, 2 doses again but storage in Fridge: 2°C to 8°C, Ireland will/should get 2.475 million, approval expected February 2021
    Astrazeneca will be likely next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Have they mentioned ramping up the roll of vaccines as we get more or will it continue at the current rate?

Have they mentioned ramping up the roll of vaccines as we get more or will it continue at the current rate?
    When all the main ones are approved we'll be at 500k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

When you expect/think it will be before we are at that rate of vaccination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

They'll still **** it up

When you expect/think it will be before we are at that rate of vaccination?
    March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

unplayable wrote: »
    rumours of further measures being brought in later this week. like everything bar essential essential has to close

this wasnt far off to be fair.

Astrazeneca will be likely next

I'd have thought so too but it remains to be seen how long it will be before the extra info required gets to the EMA.

I'd have thought so too but it remains to be seen how long it will be before the extra info required gets to the EMA.
    Should be fairly quick, only requested manufacturing data.

Should be fairly quick, only requested manufacturing data.

Oh, apologies, I thought it was more than manufacturing data that was requested but my sources may not be accurate......

https://www.researchprofessionalnews.com/rr-news-europe-regulation-2021-1-european-regulator-seeking-extra-data-on-astrazeneca-vaccine/

"The European Medicines Agency has requested more data from pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca regarding the safety and efficacy of its Covid-19 vaccine, which has been approved for emergency use in some countries but has not yet received EU approval"

https://www.thepharmaletter.com/article/ema-needs-more-data-before-decision-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca
    ".....However, it said, additional scientific information on issues related to quality, safety and efficacy of the vaccine is deemed necessary to support the rigour required for a conditional marketing authorization and this has been requested from the company.

Further information from the ongoing clinical trials is also expected from January. Interim data from a large trial ongoing in the USA are expected in first-quarter 2021."

https://www.breakingnews.ie/covid-vaccine/irelands-vaccine-roll-out-when-are-different-vaccines-likely-to-be-approved-1059612.html

"..*Since the publication of this table in the Implementation Plan, the EMA has indicated it may not make a decision on the AstraZeneca vaccine until February 2021"

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

How's your dad doing? Wasn't he taken to hospital a few weeks ago, or am I thinking of the wrong poster?

He was just released today thanks for asking.

Oh, apologies, I thought it was more than manufacturing data that was requested but my sources may not be accurate......

https://www.researchprofessionalnews.com/rr-news-europe-regulation-2021-1-european-regulator-seeking-extra-data-on-astrazeneca-vaccine/

"The European Medicines Agency has requested more data from pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca regarding the safety and efficacy of its Covid-19 vaccine, which has been approved for emergency use in some countries but has not yet received EU approval"

https://www.thepharmaletter.com/article/ema-needs-more-data-before-decision-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca
    ".....However, it said, additional scientific information on issues related to quality, safety and efficacy of the vaccine is deemed necessary to support the rigour required for a conditional marketing authorization and this has been requested from the company.

Further information from the ongoing clinical trials is also expected from January. Interim data from a large trial ongoing in the USA are expected in first-quarter 2021."

https://www.breakingnews.ie/covid-vaccine/irelands-vaccine-roll-out-when-are-different-vaccines-likely-to-be-approved-1059612.html

"..*Since the publication of this table in the Implementation Plan, the EMA has indicated it may not make a decision on the AstraZeneca vaccine until February 2021"

“At the moment, AstraZeneca has only provided data on their clinical trials to the European Medicines Agency,” he said.
    “We need additional data on the quality of their vaccine.”

They need to know what its made of. Manufacturing data.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/oxford-vaccine-unlikely-to-be-rolled-out-in-eu-in-january-as-ema-look-for-more-data-on-quality-of-vaccine-39910182.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

He was just released today thanks for asking.

That's good news, hope he's doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

To be honest with ya I deleted it as soon as i read it because it wasn't worth a reply, just thought I'd gauge the room

Ignore the curmudgeons. Some people are never happy unless they're unhappy. I for one really appreciate your informed insight and information.

“At the moment, AstraZeneca has only provided data on their clinical trials to the European Medicines Agency,” he said.
    “We need additional data on the quality of their vaccine.”

They need to know what its made of. Manufacturing data.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/oxford-vaccine-unlikely-to-be-rolled-out-in-eu-in-january-as-ema-look-for-more-data-on-quality-of-vaccine-39910182.html

Safety and efficacy both mentioned in the sources I linked to, not just quality.

Manufacturing data that details what it's made of is great but safety and efficacy data requirements might not be satisfied by that alone.

Safety and efficacy both mentioned in the sources I linked to, not just quality.

Manufacturing data that details what it's made of is great but safety and efficacy data requirements might not be satisfied by that alone.
    Phase trials are for safety and efficacy, that's exactly what they are for. EMA has already received the phase data. They're looking for quality data IE the manufacturing data.

I'm not gonna keep bickering because it's quite clear no matter what fact I say you'll say the opposite.

• Advertisement

Phase trials are for safety and efficacy, that's exactly what they are for. EMA has already received the phase data. They're looking for quality data IE the manufacturing data.

I'm not gonna keep bickering because it's quite clear no matter what fact I say you'll say the opposite.

I was thinking the same to be honest......... my sources which I linked and quoted from stated ....

"The European Medicines Agency has requested more data from pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca regarding the safety and efficacy of its Covid-19 vaccine............."

........... &
    ".....However, it said, additional scientific information on issues related to quality, safety and efficacy of the vaccine is deemed necessary to support the rigour required for a conditional marketing authorization and this has been requested from the company"

......... I can't fathom what your problem is tbh.

Your source differs to mine. I hope all vaccines that meet requirements for safety and efficacy are approved asap.

By the way, the fitst line of one of the links stated more trial results are expected .........

Regulator says it expects more clinical trial results in January

The European Medicines Agency has requested more data from pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca regarding the safety and efficacy of its Covid-19 vaccine, which has been approved for emergency use in some countries but has not yet received EU approval.

“So far, some evidence has been assessed on safety and efficacy coming from a pooled analysis of interim clinical data from four ongoing clinical trials in the UK, Brazil and South Africa,” the EMA said on 30 December. The agency said that in addition to requesting extra data it expected further data from clinical trials to be made available in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,107 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They need to increase the travel ban longer imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Astrazeneca are running another phase 3 trial in the US at the moment to confirm their hypothesis on the optimum dosing schedule. Both the FDA and EMA are waiting on the results from that trial.

Indeed, there was a mix up of sorts in their trials .......
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55086927

"While most of the volunteers in the trial got the correct dose for both of their two shots, some didn't.

Regulators were told about it early on and they agreed that the trial could continue and more volunteers could be immunised"

The EMA is looking for more data as a result.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/26/astrazeneca-says-it-will-likely-do-another-study-of-covid-19-vaccine-after-accidental-lower-dose-shows-higher-efficacy/

"the pharmaceutical company will likely conduct another global trial of the effectiveness of its COVID-19 vaccine trial, following the disclosure that the more effective dosage in the existing Phase 3 clinical trial was actually administered by accident"

It's largely to do with efficacy ........... I'm not at all bickering, just presenting some facts from reputable sources.

1,373 cases notified in Cork today.

They're making their way through the backlog alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Scary figures.

1,373 cases notified in Cork today.

They're making their way through the backlog alright....

Hard to tell how many for cork are from the backlog, there was 6800 swans today so about 6000 cases are swabs. Even without backlog figures I’d say we are in the 7-900s for cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Hard to tell how many for cork are from the backlog, there was 6800 swans today so about 6000 cases are swabs. Even without backlog figures I’d say we are in the 7-900s for cork.

More I say. Very high no's but it's everywhere

Best thing to do is take the cases over the last 14 days and divide by 14. About 320 cases per day sounds right, going by the last week or so.

• Advertisement

Best thing to do is take the cases over the last 14 days and divide by 14. About 320 cases per day sounds right, going by the last week or so.

Possibly, but the swabs have been very very high in the last week. I’d say it’s quite a bit higher then the 300s tbh.

Regardless, and I think we can all agree on this, it’s serious and I really hope everybody here is taking care and are doing ok in this. Please try your best to follow the restrictions for the benefit of everybody

Advertisement