Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ah would you stop, there are gangs of young kids with parents packed into playgrounds, chatting away in groups without even a mask on , there were plenty families got together over Christmas particularly for dinner on Christmas day , numerous families in the one house, the same ones who constantly go on about gangs of teens together. It has shocked me the people who went to different households but seemed to think that was ok and yet they are so concerned about everyone else's actions , lots of " do as I say not as I do ' brigade around, one rule for them and another rule for everyone else .

Agree, but can honestly say all my family in Cork are adhering to the covid rules, no one visited over Christmas etc, it's a balls but necessary, I shop early and safe

Hopefully they are immune by now

Heard immunity doesen't work the n of Ireland is blitzed atm simply because they didn't mask up, social distance and generally left to their own devices courtesy of that clown Boris and his advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Really? Great stuff. You seem the most balanced and knowledgeable poster on this thread so that fantastic to hear. At that point if those numbers are completed can you see society going back to how things were in July in years pre Covid?

The head of the vaccine task force said anyone who wants a vaccine will have one by August. Unless something extremely dramatic happens, which is highly unlikely, summer is on the cards.

Augeo wrote: »
    Safety and efficacy both mentioned in the sources I linked to, not just quality.

Manufacturing data that details what it's made of is great but safety and efficacy data requirements might not be satisfied by that alone.
    Phase trials are for safety and efficacy, that's exactly what they are for. EMA has already received the phase data. They're looking for quality data IE the manufacturing data.

I'm not gonna keep bickering because it's quite clear no matter what fact I say you'll say the opposite.

Just to close this off, this is from the EMA site.......

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/update-rolling-review-astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine

"So far, some evidence has been assessed on safety and efficacy coming from a pooled analysis of interim clinical data from four ongoing clinical trials in the UK, Brazil and South Africa. The latest clinical package was received on 21 December and is currently being assessed. CHMP has already assessed data from laboratory studies (non-clinical data) and is currently assessing data on the vaccine’s quality (on its ingredients and the way it is manufactured).

Additional scientific information on issues related to quality, safety and efficacy of the vaccine is deemed necessary to support the rigour required for a conditional marketing authorisation and this has been requested from the company.

Further information from the ongoing clinical trials is also expected from January. Interim data from a large trial ongoing in the USA are expected in Q1 2021."

Augeo wrote: »
    Just to close this off, this is from the EMA site.......

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/update-rolling-review-astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine

"So far, some evidence has been assessed on safety and efficacy coming from a pooled analysis of interim clinical data from four ongoing clinical trials in the UK, Brazil and South Africa. The latest clinical package was received on 21 December and is currently being assessed. CHMP has already assessed data from laboratory studies (non-clinical data) and is currently assessing data on the vaccine’s quality (on its ingredients and the way it is manufactured).

Additional scientific information on issues related to quality, safety and efficacy of the vaccine is deemed necessary to support the rigour required for a conditional marketing authorisation and this has been requested from the company.

Further information from the ongoing clinical trials is also expected from January. Interim data from a large trial ongoing in the USA are expected in Q1 2021."
    Okay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,107 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

From Richard Chambers

HSE CEO describes the current situation an "extraordinary crisis."

1,022 patients in hospital - 20 free beds left in public ICUs.

There was 124 positive tests in hospitals yesterday, including 9 in the CUH. Drogheda had 18, Vincents had 15 and Beaumont had 12.

I think I know where the crisis is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0107/1188291-israel-vaccine/

Israel preparing for the vaccine since June..paying nearly twice the odds per dose and they are flying it with their roll out

Sorry to keep harping on about this but unless parental control kicks in what I see in Carrigaline regularly is gangs or groups of teens, non masked no social distancing, and if this behaviour is typical nationwide we're in trouble

Yes I've seen it myself, the parents just don't care

We are suppose to stay at home and mix with our own family bubble only yet kids and teenagers are out mixing together now more as schools closed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes I've seen it myself, the parents just don't care

We are suppose to stay at home and mix with our own family bubble only yet kids and teenagers are out mixing together now more as schools closed

Not just kids and teenagers though. There's fully grown adults who's also going out and mixing.

• Advertisement

Not just kids and teenagers though. There's fully grown adults who's also going out and mixing.

That is true, I am sick of shopping aisle chats, removing masks to chat and have coffee, ffs you are in to shop and then get out fast asap

Very true but at least the core of adults I've seen do social distance and mask up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That is true, I am sick of shopping aisle chats, removing masks to chat and have coffee, ffs you are in to shop and then get out fast asap

What’s wrong with getting a takeaway coffee , it’s all outside now. People are still allowed meet up with their other social bubble.

fin12 wrote: »
    What’s wrong with getting a takeaway coffee , it’s all outside now. People are still allowed meet up with their other social bubble.

As long as they're in your bubble etc etc no hassle

Someone corrected me here earlier in the thread when I said the new strain was basically responsible for the huge increase in cases , HSE have basically confirmed that this evening. Heard it on 96 fm news.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0107/1188291-israel-vaccine/

Israel preparing for the vaccine since June..paying nearly twice the odds per dose and they are flying it with their roll out

Worked in Israel once, don't like them one little bit, find them nauseous conceited pricks, but by God their ppl come first to their government,
    All other races are sub to them is their weird mantra

Getting it in the shop and drinking it in the shop with mask down to have a chat is wrong imho

Worked in Israel once, don't like them one little bit, find them nauseous conceited pricks, but by God their ppl come first to their government,
    All other races are sub to them is their weird mantra

That’s good, putting ur own citizens first.

Getting it in the shop and drinking it in the shop with mask down to have a chat is wrong imho

Obviously but not outside at a distance and away from the ppl passing you

Ok that’s just strange. Never seen that happen .

• Advertisement

Ok that’s just strange. Never seen that happen .

I've seen it in Dunnes in Bishopstown and also in Lidl, get it going out and drink outside or in your car

I've seen it in Dunnes in Bishopstown and also in Lidl, get it going out and drink outside or in your car

They should be thrown out. Is that the Lidl in Wilton?

There’s always a security guard in that one.

I work in dunnes in bishopstown and I see it happen every day.

They should be thrown out. Is that the Lidl in Wilton?

There’s always a security guard in that one.

Yes

55 Gardai in Cork city out with Covid19

Yes

55 Gardai in Cork city out with Covid19

That' include Bandon? 30 odd out there aswell

That' include Bandon? 30 odd out there aswell

I don't know, the Kilbrittain pub party did a lot of damage in Bandon I'd say

I think over 700 Gardai out in ROI

I don't know, the Kilbrittain pub party did a lot of damage in Bandon I'd say

I think over 700 Gardai out in ROI

When was the Kilbrittain pub party?

Around Christmas time about 2 or 3 weeks ago I think

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

And some Gardai were at it?!

• Advertisement

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 22/12/2020 to 04/01/2021

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 350 (+124), LEA rate per 100k pop: 939.1 (+601)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 201 (+118), LEA rate per 100k pop: 896.4 (+526.3)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 250 (+160), LEA rate per 100k pop: 711.4 (+455.3)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 203 (+139), LEA rate per 100k pop: 595 (+407.4)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 200 (+122), LEA rate per 100k pop: 474.3 (+289.3)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 173 (+99), LEA rate per 100k pop: 430.5 (+246.4)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 255 (+135), LEA rate per 100k pop: 659.5 (+349.2)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 509 (+317), LEA rate per 100k pop: 1189.8 (+741)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 233 (+162), LEA rate per 100k pop: 495.2 (+344.3)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 200 (+159), LEA rate per 100k pop: 549.4 (+436.8)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 85 (+62), LEA rate per 100k pop: 340.9 (+248.7)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 104 (+73), LEA rate per 100k pop: 282.3 (+198.2)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 126 (+94), LEA rate per 100k pop: 432.1 (+322.3)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 109 (+66), LEA rate per 100k pop: 239.9 (+145.3)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 153 (+106), LEA rate per 100k pop: 505.3 (+350.1)

Bad. That's all I'll say.

Advertisement