Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Zardoz wrote: »
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40203584.html

Who are these absolute fecking cretins ?

There needs to be huge fines for this sort of blackguarding.

I found out
    Saw vids and pics from Brother in law
    Let's just say it was one of the culture boss therefore nothing will happen them
    The late teens age /young adult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

wally1990 wrote: »
    I found out
    Let's just say it was one of the culture boss therefore nothing will happen them

If you think Travelers are above the law how do you explain that they are overrepresented in the prison population?

Interestingly, the fact that travelers are overrepresented in the prison population is often used as a justification for discrimination against travellers.
    But many people who discriminate against travelers also maintain that travelers are, "above the law".
    So which is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

If you think Travelers are above the law how do you explain that they are overrepresented in the prison population?

Interestingly, the fact that travelers are overrepresented in the prison population is often used as a justification for discrimination against travellers.
    But many people who discriminate against travelers also maintain that travelers are, "above the law".
    So which is it?

Can u explain so the large number of cases in Rathkeale? Did u also not see that funeral they had that took place in the height of the restrictions up in Faranree and guards just looking on. Yes they are above the law, have been for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

So which is it?

Your argument relies on the premise that travellers break the law in the same proportion as the rest of the population. That's false. The reason they are over represented in prison is because they are over represented in carrying out violent crimes.

The Gardaí are afraid of them and will only act when they have to.

Look at the photos from the party in Blarney, they are still on Facebook, publicly available to anyone. It's not the first party up there. They have a dance floor set up and disco lighting. The Gardaí had to act Thursday night, but there were no fines or arrests.... Says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

So which is it?

Are you trolling...

Do you honestly believe this incident in Blarney will be criminally charged at all?

Let's get real

Guards broke it up and no further action will be taken
    And yes, that is wrong

I don't want to get into them being ''above the law'' it's not the appropriate thread for that discussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭ofcork

Pfizer in ringaskiddy offering vaccine to their employees from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

ofcork wrote: »

Time to dust off the old CV.

Hard place to get into!!

Hard place to get into!!

Apple have been offering their employees a weekly test since early on in this.
    I wonder if they'll offer the vaccine, too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Important to state that it isn't coming out of any already allocated stock to governments and isn't driving up the price or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Apple have been offering their employees a weekly test since early on in this.
    I wonder if they'll offer the vaccine, too?

Where will they it get unless they go direct to the pharma company’s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

530 cases today.

Where will they it get unless they go direct to the pharma company’s

Good question. Perhaps not available to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Are they making the vaccines in ringaskiddy? I don't think they are, I'm sure we would have heard how great Cork is by now.

Are they making the vaccines in ringaskiddy? I don't think they are, I'm sure we would have heard how great Cork is by now.

Not made in Ringaskiddy, the Pfizer facility in Dublin is doing some testing on batches of the vaccine iirc.

Made in belgium afaik obviously ringaskiddy have access to products.

I believe it's essential staff that are required on site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Town is like a ghost town, I haven’t seen this quiet since March/ April.

Know it’s necessary but still sad to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

To be expected and fair enough to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

wally1990 wrote: »
    I found out

Didn't hear that

Cork is great,,,,,, always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,106 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Hopefully that includes the magnificent ppl in Pieta House, my own then 17yrs old was in a deep dark place including planning his exit from this life, his counsellor a kindly kerry lady was without doubt his saving, gave him and us the skills to get out of this black hole, I can't stress enough my admiration of Pieta,
    The child who went in there was a wreck, I did not recognise how sad he was( bullying at school)
    He reached out himself thank God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

Hopefully that includes the magnificent ppl in Pieta House

I agree with the sentiment but Pieta House is unconnected with CAMHS. There is an obvious overlap in people using the services, and there is sometimes cross-referral, but that’s as far as it goes. Pieta House is non-HSE and is 80% funded by charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭opus

A friend of mine & a bunch of her colleagues from St Mary's in Gurranabraher got the 1st dose of the vaccine in the South Infirmary today. Doesn't sound like it's been meticulously planned as she only got the call last night to show up at lunchtime & some of her colleagues were only told this morning. Still great to see it rolling out of course. Met her for a (socially distanced outdoor) coffee afterwards & happy to report she hadn't grown a second head or anything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,106 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Pen Rua wrote: »

I'm hoping some or most of that includes a backlog. Are swabs out tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Very worrying numbers

Over the last 7 days 0.9% of the population of Ireland have tested positive for COVID-19.
    Not only is this the highest in the world as of now, it's one of the highest rates ever reported. Excluding microstates, only one country (Belgium) has ever reported more cases per capita.

https://twitter.com/peterdonaghy/status/1348034214311190528

Advertisement