Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,106 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm hoping some or most of that includes a backlog. Are swabs out tomorrow?

I thought the backlog was already accounted for :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They said it was but it wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Rte don't know either! You'd have to wonder sometimes what the likes of George Lee ls been paid for.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0110/1188782-coronavirus-ireland/

Cork numbers are woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

7,000 cases in Cork in the last 14 days. Crazy.

• Advertisement

EnzoScifo wrote: »

I know they are keeping tests for those with symptoms. But I'm kind of hoping that it's people making up symptoms because they were in contact with a positive case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

cantalach wrote: »
    I agree with the sentiment but Pieta House is unconnected with CAMHS. There is an obvious overlap in people using the services, and there is sometimes cross-referral, but that’s as far as it goes. Pieta House is non-HSE and is 80% funded by charity.

Theyre linked as in most of the clients are waiting on camhs but the waiting list is crazy, Pieta step in ASAP, especially to serious cases once referred, Pieta for me are miracle workers

Avoid getting sick while some of us still has to go to work and mix with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

^ then he isn't talkiing about you? He means people who can choose to avoid people and risky situations but don't

• Advertisement

^ then he isn't talkiing about you? He means people who can choose to avoid people and risky situations but don't

Every workplace and mixing is risky. Continue on into work but also telling us to avoid getting sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

EnzoScifo wrote: »

Reported in the last 14 days, not actual cases in the last 14 days. A lot of those are backlogged from Christmas week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Every workplace and mixing is risky. Continue on into work but also telling us to avoid getting sick.
    If you're doing everything possible to not get sick in work then he's not talking to you, if there's anything you can do to improve your safety, and to be honest most of us can do better, then it will help the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

opus wrote: »
    ...St Mary's in Gurranabraher got the 1st dose of the vaccine in the South Infirmary today. Doesn't sound like it's been meticulously planned...

Ya similar happened in another Cork hospital. Hospital were looking for information all last week & nothing was forthcoming. No idea of qty or date, then employees asked to come in last minute.
    H8GHOTI wrote: »
    ...You couldn’t say HR are frontline.
    Tbh it looks like this list went out the window on day one. They started in hospitals before care homes. Certainly a HR person in the Mercy shouldn’t be getting it before a doctor or nurse in another hospital.

But with the logistics you can see how it could happen. The Mercy would have been given a certain quantity. Presumably they did frontline first & had some left over. 6 doses per vial now instead of 5, right?

It’s got a short shelf life. Rather than drag some 70 year old in off the street or bin the excess, they vaccinated extra staff...

I posted this about The Mercy few days ago, was only guessing. But this same thing happened in another hospital over the weekend. Admin staff given vaccines, after frontline staff got theirs & there was some left over. Even staff that can/are working from home & wouldn’t have any contact with patients.

Like I said about The Mercy, you can see how it could happen & it’s understandable. Think most people would agree though, it would be better if they could first vaccine those that need it more.

If you can WFH then you should do so. They've closed non essential retail etc. Many workplaces are either closed or have folk working from home.

In some more good news..
    Cork GP Referrals are almost down to pre-christmas levels.
    https://tomorrowscare.ie/covid/2021-01-11_COVID_GP_Survey_Results.pdf

Sunday - 4142 positive swabs, 18.05% positivity on 22,949 swabs (means there was 2k backlog in yesterday)

Today - 2845 positive swabs, 15.56% positivity on 18,280 swabs

Positivity rate has dropped from 25% last Monday to 15% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

Sunday - 4142 positive swabs, 18.05% positivity on 22,949 swabs (means there was 2k backlog in yesterday)

Today - 2845 positive swabs, 15.56% positivity on 18,280 swabs

Positivity rate has dropped from 25% last Monday to 15% today.

these backlog number have me all confused I thought these were all cleared last week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,691 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

whatever76 wrote: »
    these backlog number have me all confused I thought these were all cleared last week ?

I know lots of people who thought this.
    However if you ask this question You generally get a smart ass reply saying that it was clearly explained that the back log wasn’t fully cleared.

whatever76 wrote: »
    I know lots of people who thought this.
    However if you ask this question You generally get a smart ass reply saying that it was clearly explained that the back log wasn’t fully cleared.

I thought Nolan, HSE and DOH said the backlog was cleared too :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ah sure how would they know?

Which means there is no more cases being added to the backlog. The cases in the backlog are still being announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Which means there is no more cases being added to the backlog. The cases in the backlog are still being announced.

How does that equate to the backlog being cleared?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

695 in Cork today

JeffKenna wrote: »
    How does that equate to the backlog being cleared?
    On the HSE's end it's administratively cleared. On the HPSC end it isn't.

Of the cases notified today:

•2,250 are men / 2,641 are women
    •59% are under 45 years of age
    •The median age is 39 years old
    •1,513 in Dublin, 695 in Cork, 320 in Limerick, 305 in Wexford, 225 in Galway and the remaining 1,871 cases are spread across all other counties.

As of 2pm today, 1,582 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 146 are in ICU. 156 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

What parts of Cork are best avoided?

everywhere at the moment it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Wouldn't be going near Mahon, pandemic or no pandemic.

Advertisement