Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Mardyke wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish.

Really educated argument, fair play.

Anyway, back on topic because the thread’s going to the dogs.

All trends still downwards (besides deaths), hopefully we’ll hit the 200/100 mark in Cork this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,104 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

All trends still downwards (besides deaths), hopefully we’ll hit the 200/100 mark in Cork this week.

Yes below 3,000 cases hopefully decreases continue

I was tested yesterday, no covid detected so happy result today

Everyone take care and stay safe

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Sure is, with yourself and your pal Chuck talking out yer hoops.

People like ye really make me sick. Complete negativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

... hopefully we’ll hit the 200/100 mark in Cork this week.

Oh I hope not. Very happy with around 300.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Can’t we all just get along !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Mardyke wrote: »
    Sure is, with yourself and your pal Chuck talking out yer hoops.

People like ye really make me sick. Complete negativity.

A citizen erased has been consistently one of the most positive on this thread..

He gets very narky unless everyone agrees with him and thanks him sincerely for sharing his knowledge (opinion) IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,689 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Augeo wrote: »
    He gets very narky unless everyone agrees with him and thanks him sincerely for sharing his knowledge (opinion) IMO.

Micheál Martin?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Lets keep it civil folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭cudsy1

I was reading very similar arguments on the main covid thread for most of 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

Rubbish.

There was plenty of naive optimism around in early December - look where that got us!

No one is wallowing in misery but complacency is dangerous, as the end of December showed us.

Here is the post that apparently said optimism made us have loads of cases

Why people are getting ratty about it is a mystery

Welcome along 'new' member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Here is the post that apparently said optimism made us have loads of cases

Why people are getting ratty about it is a mystery

Because there is a big difference between "naive optimism" and "any kind of optimism", as I already pointed out, new person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

New member welcome you sound familiar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

New member welcome you sound familiar

I'd rathe be optimistic than pessimistic any day, and we need optisim loadddddsssssdds, by Easter we hopefully will be in a good way

If the last few posts are insinuating I'm sad enough to have a second account, you're wrong.

If the last few posts are insinuating I'm sad enough to have a second account, you're wrong.

You weren't even mentioned or referred to :)

man-looking-through-slats-in-window-blinds-warily-768.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

It's a bit sad that someone would claim outrage on behalf of someone else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Who’s the new member?

• Advertisement

Things moving better than I expected. 1910 positive swabs today from 18756 tests. Lowest since 29/12 with a positivity rate of 10%, down from 25% two weeks ago.

236 cases in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,444 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Oh come on ffs.
    What genius thought organising this was a good idea, or would go unnoticed?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40209305.html?type=amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,104 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I know a porter in Mercy hospital Cork who tested positive in April and again just this week.

Reinfections

Latest hospital update
    CUH - 146 in hospital, reduction of 16 on yesterday. CUH is no longer #1 in the country for COVID patients. 15 in ICU, reduction of 1.
    Mercy - 45 in hospital, reduction of 6 on yesterday. 7 in ICU, increase of 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Government tonight propose to give GP’s and pharmacy’s 1.5 million doses of vaccine to distribute over the next 6 months. This will be along with the HSE continued roll out. €60 they will pay the GP’s per person getting 2 doses and €35 for 1 dose version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Oh come on ffs.
    What genius thought organising this was a good idea, or would go unnoticed?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40209305.html?type=amp

Thought it was harsh on people at garrettstown getting a fine. Great exercise and escape for people in a wide open location. You would be more at risk of catching it on greenway between rochestown and passage on a Sunday afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Things moving better than I expected. 1910 positive swabs today from 18756 tests. Lowest since 29/12 with a positivity rate of 10%, down from 25% two weeks ago.

Great news. People are making an effort. A big push now could see non essential retail by early March and a meaningful reopening by early April I think. If we have indoor dining (socially distanced) by Easter that’d be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

physioman wrote: »
    Thought it was harsh on people at garrettstown getting a fine. Great exercise and escape for people in a wide open location. You would be more at risk of catching it on greenway between rochestown and passage on a Sunday afternoon

The purpose of the 5km limit is not to limit the location of exercise per se. It is to prevent (or at least constrain) other activities that might otherwise happen on the pretence of exercise.

The thinking is that if people are permitted to travel arbitrarily for exercise, they could travel for social purposes or non-essential commercial activity and use “I’m just going to get some exercise” as an excuse if stopped.

That so many people miss the point of the 5km limit is a big communications failure on the part of the powers-that-be to explain the rationale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,444 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

physioman wrote: »

Eh no.
    They knew the rules and broke them anyway, because of course everyone's an epidemiologist these days.

What's very funny are lads without NCT, tax etc. getting caught now.
    They are definitely operating on one brain cell.

Advertisement