Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

noodler wrote: »
    Indo are wrong.

It's 25 per dose.

Check any other paper.

Axe to grind? You seem to be mindlessly defending the payment structure without any idea of what it is or what came before tbf.

Have you got a GP in the family? Making the state pay double when they are already providing you with the volume to make up for the potential lack of private activity theory you out forward early is a bit opportunistic.

Especially on top of the shiny new contract and covid payments they are currently receiving.

I'd say you are correct in your assumption. They obviously have a gp in the family. Someone has to administer it but it's going to prove to be very profitable for them. The revenue they gained from covid test referrals was financially beneficial. Clients just rang gp and in most cases were referred on for testing. Took 10 minutes at most.
    Reminded me earlier in the year when my gp practise kept ringing me offering to give my kids the flu vaccine. I clearly stated in 1st phone call that I wasnt interested in them getting it. I got 2 further texts and calls trying to convince me to vaccinate them. Only afterwards did I realise that the government gives them extra money for the more vaccines they administer.
    They have a job to do and the core of their values is patient care . Just the lines can get blurred between patient care and profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Larbre34 wrote: »
    93 dead is horrifying.

I don't really care if that includes some backlog. Its people that may likely otherwise be alive. Dreadful.

Edit, 83 are January deaths. Wash your friggin hands and wear a friggin mask.

Its really horrifying but expected, sadly.

5000 cases per day a few weeks ago is about 100 deaths now.
    50000 cases per day in the UK a few weeks ago is about 1000 deaths now.

So unfortunately it tallys.

Axe to grind? You seem to be mindlessly defending the payment structure without any idea of what it is or what came before tbf.

Have you got a GP in the family?............

I don't have a GP in the family and the only mindless ramblings on here are your own.
    physioman wrote: »
    I'd say you are correct in your assumption. They obviously have a gp in the family.............

I'd say you are wrong there kid, no GP in my family or friend group etc etc.
    I just don't see anything wrong with the fees. I can't fathom how that means I "obviously have a gp in the family".
    Like, I'm not thinking you are a SF fan just because you p1ss and moan about the plan :)
    Indo are wrong.

It's 25 per dose.

Check any other paper.........

Oh golly, the indo were wrong....... it's still €60 to administer the two jabs.

I believe the plan was signed off, splendid stuff IMO.

........... of June looking normal seems to tally with the EU

We will see some normality in the Summer, no restrictions in June is a different matter, we won't be seeing that. EU aren't suggesting that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

A slight uptick in the positivity rate.

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1351901303467896832

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Happens every Wednesday, last week it went from 2521 on Tuesday to 3932 on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Pen Rua wrote: »

What days do these swabs relate to?

Cape Clear wrote: »
    What days do these swabs relate to?
    They'd be referrals from Monday, tests conducted today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Happens every Wednesday, last week it went from 2521 on Tuesday to 3932 on Wednesday.

Thank you. It's always disappointing that the media reports never highlight this and the usual hysteria will be filling facebook this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Haven’t they also started to test close contacts again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,689 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jackrussel wrote: »

I got the impression it was going to happen soon but not yet!

jackrussel wrote: »

Nope. They had no where near the capacity to test them unfortunately.

I got the impression it was going to happen soon but not yet!
    Should be starting next week, we've more capacity now then previous weeks

314 in Cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Remaining stubbornly high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,104 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Larbre34 wrote: »
    93 dead is horrifying.

I don't really care if that includes some backlog. Its people that may likely otherwise be alive. Dreadful.

Edit, 83 are January deaths. Wash your friggin hands and wear a friggin mask.

61 deaths today :( RIP (58 from January, 3 under investigation re: date)

Something strange going on with the cases alright. Median age today is up again to 44 meaning that there's a serious amount of older people catching it somehow. Either the nursing homes are having issues again or there's workplace outbreaks of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Something strange going on with the cases alright. Median age today is up again to 44 meaning that there's a serious amount of older people catching it somehow. Either the nursing homes are having issues again or there's workplace outbreaks of some sort.

There have been outbreaks in nursing homes for the past 2 weeks
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-sharp-increase-in-hospital-and-nursing-home-outbreaks-1.4451462
    https://www.newstalk.com/news/coronavirus-cluster-report-shows-rise-in-hospital-and-nursing-home-outbreaks-1137468

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/covid-19-government-set-to-extend-level-5-restrictions-to-late-february-1.4463199

It is understood the hospitality sector may not reopen properly until late May or early June. Restaurants and cafes had hoped to be in a position to reopen outdoors in April but this is now being viewed as increasingly unlikely.

:eek:

Jaysus, I didn't expect that cautious a reopening.

Latest GP referral data is in, Cork down to 2.5 average referrals per GP. For context, exactly 2 weeks ago it was 6.4.
    https://tomorrowscare.ie/covid/2021-01-20_COVID_GP_Survey_Results.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,444 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Augeo wrote: »
    I don't have a GP in the family and the only mindless ramblings on here are your own.

I'd say you are wrong there kid, no GP in my family or friend group etc etc.
    I just don't see anything wrong with the fees. I can't fathom how that means I "obviously have a gp in the family".
    Like, I'm not thinking you are a SF fan just because you p1ss and moan about the plan :)

Oh golly, the indo were wrong....... it's still €60 to administer the two jabs.

I believe the plan was signed off, splendid stuff IMO.

Again, called on an error and it's just "oh well".

I'm glad you figured out the true high cost now.

I note.you thought it was reasonable at the mistaken figure of 20e per dose (plus 10 admin fee), but seem to think it's also reasonable now you know the actual fee of 25e per dose (plus 10 admin).

Is there a fee level you would consider unreasonable? You just seem to accept a doubling of the per dose cost (and massively increased volume business for GPs) as reasonable without any sense of why.

You are some lad to sh1t on about errors......... you were splattering two figures round yourself but I didn't bother calling you on it at the time ...... see below :pac:
    Indo are wrong.

It's 25 per dose..............
    They are being paid, 30 per dose versus the pre covid flu dose cost of 15.

Again, called on an error and it's just "oh well".

I'm glad you figured out the true high cost now.

I note.you thought it was reasonable at the mistaken figure of 20e per dose (plus 10 admin fee), but seem to think it's also reasonable now you know the actual fee of 25e per dose (plus 10 admin).

Is there a fee level you would consider unreasonable? You just seem to accept a doubling of the poor dose cost (and massively increased volume business for GPs) as reasonable without any sense of why.

Are you ok Mr ace Grinder.......... I always referred to the €60 total fee for the two jabs...see when you quoted me " it's still €60 to administer the two jabs"....... two appointments to be facilitated, two doses to administer and the admin for all of the that.
    €60 to lash out two jabs at a purpose built medical centre doesn't sound out of the way tbh...................

Regarding what you refer to as "I'm glad you figured out the true high cost now" ............. €60 is €60..... :) And as I said, quite reasonable.
    I don't see GPs making an unreasonable margin at the €60 price point.... surgeries don't pay for themselves and staff's time is not free either. Basic enough stuff noodles.

WFT is a poor dose cost ????

You are some lad to sh1t on about errors......... you were splattering two figures round yourself but I didn't bother calling you on it at the time ...... see below :pac:

Are you ok Mr ace Grinder.......... I always referred to the €60 total fee for the two jabs.......... two appointments to me facilitated, two doses to administer and the admin for all of the that.

Regarding what you refer to as "I'm glad you figured out the true high cost now" ............. €60 is €60..... :) And as I said, quite reasonable.
    I don't see GPs making an unreasonable margin at the €60 price point.... surgeries don't pay for themselves and staff's time is not free either. Basic enough stuff noodles.
    Why are you so aggressive in your replies? Calm it lad, it's only a forum

You must be an awful sensitive chap, no bickering now. There's two emojis there, zero aggression.
    I'm replying to someone who is on about calling me out and other such waffle.... why not advice him to calm it, lad?

.....You just seem to accept a doubling of the per dose cost (and massively increased volume business for GPs) as reasonable without any sense of why.

Ah, per dose cost ..... you fixed your error there, splendid.
    Doubling? If it's €25 now .... when was it €12.50 ? :confused:

As I said initially, €60 to administer the two jabs and all associated work, perfectly reasonable.

You must be an awful sensitive chap, no bickering now. There's two emojis there, zero aggression.
    I'm replying to someone who is on about calling me out and other such waffle.... why not advice him to calm it, lad?
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Give us all a break will ya. People come on here to get updates and info on this virus in Cork. They can do without the childish antics from you and one or two of the others in your class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,104 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think nursing homes and local town community hospitals have many cases and deaths unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He’s been like that since day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Mardyke wrote: »
    Give us all a break will ya. People come on here to get updates and info on this virus in Cork. They can do without the childish antics from you and one or two of the others in your class.

What r u on about? Your exactly the same n the other couple in ur group....

Advertisement