Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

237 cases in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,104 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

237 cases in Cork today

52 Deaths
    2,371 Cases
    757 in Dublin, 237 in Cork, 154 in Waterford, 123 in Wexford, 114 in Louth, and the remaining 986 cases are spread across all other counties

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Curfew announced in the Netherlands announced today, a ban on flights from Britain, South Africa and South America, and for a cut in the number of guests allowed in people’s homes to one, from the current number of two.

Could this be Cork soon?

saabsaab wrote: »
    Curfew announced in the Netherlands announced today, a ban on flights from Britain, South Africa and South America, and for a cut in the number of guests allowed in people’s homes to one, from the current number of two.

Could this be Cork soon?
    No chance of a curfew with dramatically dropping infection rates. Zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Weird that they've gone with a curfew while still allowing household visitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Could this be Cork soon?

There’s no need for a curfew , town is like a ghost town already.

Curfew announced in the Netherlands announced today, a ban on flights from Britain, South Africa and South America, and for a cut in the number of guests allowed in people’s homes to one, from the current number of two

Could this be Cork soon?

Some proper control and enforcement at the airports, ferry ports and the NI border is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Some proper control and enforcement at the airports, ferry ports and the NI border is needed

1 flight arrived in Cork Airport today, there are no flights arriving tomorrow, travel is such a minor issue right now, it just seems such a popular opinion t to have right now, people need to calm down

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where, Travel Lodge or is the KRAC immigrants there quarantining?

Social housing I heard so guess they will never be leaving.

fin12 wrote: »
    Social housing I heard so guess they will never be leaving.

I wonder where and will they accept?

Discussion on Neil P on Red FM this morning, apparently they are going out with no masks knowing they have it, that should be a crime, punishable in court by high fines or prison, they are knowingly spreading

• Advertisement

Latest hospital update:

CUH: 140 in hospital, decrease of 18 since yesterday. 16 in ICU, no change.
    Mercy: 44 in hospital, no change on yesterday's figure. 7 in ICU, no change.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This thread seems we have drifted off topic significantly with our resident epidemiologists in full flow. The topic is covid in cork city. The ins & out of strains, R numbers etc can be discussed over in the main covid forum.
    Off topic stuff deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Gaspode wrote: »
    This thread seems we have drifted off topic significantly with our resident epidemiologists in full flow. The topic is covid in cork city. The ins & out of strains, R numbers etc can be discussed over in the main covid forum.
    Off topic stuff deleted.

Well said. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

150 in Cork today.

150 in Cork today.

Coming down significantly now across the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2021/0123/1191644-cuh/

Cork University Hospital had to make an appeal for clinical staff to volunteer shifts to help deal with the pressure on its intensive care unit last night.

The HSE's Chief Clinical Officer, Dr Colm Henry, said the request came after the hospital attempted to open three or four critical beds, in addition to the 23 it already had open

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

I know 3 deaths in the last 72 hours from Covid. Two got it in hospital and one in their nursing home. One was in for a relatively routine procedure. The other had a stroke.

Daisy03 wrote: »
    I know 3 deaths in the last 72 hours from Covid. Two got it in hospital and one in their nursing home. One was in for a relatively routine procedure. The other had a stroke.

Sorry do u mind if I ask what age group the deaths were in?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

fin12 wrote: »
    Sorry do u mind if I ask what age group the deaths were in?

Two were 60s and one was 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Oh Daisy that's awful.
    My dad got moved to the stroke unit in CUH after having a heart attack also. We're all worried sick about him catching it. Although they are testing him every 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yes I know of one as well

Went in for a routine knee operation , caught infection in hospital, then covid and died

Very sad situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Hospital and care facilitie transmission account for over 50% of Covid patients in hospitals at the min

Hospital and care facilitie transmission account for over 50% of Covid patients in hospitals at the min
    Unfortunately particularly in Cork that is not a new thing. MRSA wrecks havoc every year in the CUH but has simply been replaced by COVID this time around.

AIBP meat plant supposedly has an outbreak cluster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Unfortunately particularly in Cork that is not a new thing. MRSA wrecks havoc every year in the CUH but has simply been replaced by COVID this time around.

My cousin got MRSA after having a c-section in CUMH a few years back, which then turned into sepsis. She came very close to nearly dying and leaving a 4yr old a newborn without a mammy.
    It’s way more common than people think.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    My cousin got MRSA after having a c-section in CUMH a few years back, which then turned into sepsis. She came very close to nearly dying and leaving a 4yr old a newborn without a mammy.
    It’s way more common than people think.

Indeed, friend of mine had his hip replaced in CUH last August and developed sepsis as a result of MRSA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40212764.html

On the rise in the city apparently.

Until all close contacts are being tested there's a huge doubt around the figures IMO. Loads of asymptomatic cases out there that are close contacts ......... they would likely have been tested months back. The sooner we get back to a best as we can track and test set-up again the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

On the rise in the city apparently.

Between the 4th & 18th.
    Should be on the way down now. Hopefully.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Until all close contacts are being tested there's a huge doubt around the figures IMO. Loads of asymptomatic cases out there that are close contacts ......... they would likely have been tested months back. The sooner we get back to a best as we can track and test set-up again the better.
    That idea is counter-claimed by the rapidly decreasing positivity rate which reflects the level of disease in the community.

Advertisement