Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Posted two days ago that a friend of ours was positive and her contacts were tested asymptomatic and subsequently positive, you can believe it or not, don't really care.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116060895&postcount=5262

jackrussel wrote: »
    Are you sure about that because the journal reported yesterday a HSE spokesperson as saying it hadn’t.

jrnl.ie/5337288

Posted two days ago that a friend of ours was positive and her contacts were tested asymptomatic and subsequently positive, you can believe it or not, don't really care.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116060895&postcount=5262

As I said ..
    Augeo wrote: »
    .........It's very confusing truth be told as Paul Reid said it might resume sometime this week after a few days of under 2000 cases/day.....................

Perhaps some GPs refer folk for a test even though the HSE guidance is not to :)
    Paul Reid's comments are 100% clear, they are not testing asymptomatic close contacts.

Been informed by a friend that theres a home carer going around the city while positive because she can't afford to not work.. he's just after throwing her out of his grandmother's house.

That carer should be of course reported. Finances are no excuse to put vulnerable folk at risk of catching a potentially life threatening virus. they should actually lose their job IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Swab numbers have been consistently around 20k to 25k for weeks now but number of cases have been falling. I heard what they’ve said at those press briefings but if it’s not close contacts being tested who is it?

Yesterday out of every 100 tested only 7.5 were positive. The 92.5 people that were negative, who were they? Is that serial mass testing? Or people with symptoms who think they might have it but just have a cold? That’s seems like a lot of healthy people getting tested.

If it’s serial testing of care homes & meat plants etc., good to see the rate dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Been informed by a friend that theres a home carer going around the city while positive because she can't afford to not work.. he's just after throwing her out of his grandmother's house.

How did your friend know she was positive?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

There are a lot of people who can't afford to work now, but there are strategies in place now to care for that, or I would very much hope and expect there to be.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    How did your friend know she was positive?
    She told them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Acosta

If it was my grandmother I'd throw her out and then call the Guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,104 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    That carer should be of course reported. Finances are no excuse to put vulnerable folk at risk of catching a potentially life threatening virus. they should actually lose their job IMO.

There is PUP pay and sick pay, that carer should be reported and punished

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That looks like a message to the you know whos in Limerick tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Since the start of this I have regarded positive infection numbers as little more than giving a very rough picture. It is completely dependent on how many tests you do.

Hospital admissions, icu admissions and deaths are a real indicator of how we are doing,imo.

That looks like a message to the you know whos in Limerick tbh

The hurlers is it?

Since the start of this I have regarded positive infection numbers as little more than a very rough picture. It is completely dependent on how many tests you do.

Hospital admissions, icu admissions and deaths are a real indicator of how we are doing,imo.

Some of the stats are complete red herrings.

Close contact testing resuming according to HSE CEO.

Some of the stats are complete red herrings.
    Which?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

The hurlers is it?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    ?

It's not the hurlers it's the rugby crowd he's after!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

She told them.

That’s nuts.
    Calling to people when infected is obviously terrible. But telling people and expecting them to be ok about it, can’t fathom it. Not saying you’re lying but hard to believe someone would do that.

Hopefully the people she visited will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    That’s nuts.
    Calling to people when infected is obviously terrible. But telling people and expecting them to be ok about it, can’t fathom it. Not saying you’re lying but hard to believe someone would do that.

Hopefully the people she visited will be ok.

Some people just don't get it. Even some working in hospitals!

1586 positive swabs, 7.3% positivity on 21,712 tests

103 cases in Cork today

1,466 new COVID-19 cases and 47 deaths confirmed

The cases:
    697 male, 764 female
    55% aged under 45
    Median age: 41
    472 in #Dublin, 106 in #Galway, 103 in #Cork

The deaths:
    46 from January
    Aged 55 – 99
    Median age: 85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

103 cases in Cork today

Great to see the number keeping decreasing :)

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Great to see the number keeping decreasing :)
    And looks as if it will continue - NPHET predicting 200-400 cases by end of Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

And looks as if it will continue - NPHET predicting 200-400 cases by end of Feb.

Naturally because we are being restricted. But when things open up they'll go up. Will be like this for the rest of the year. I'd say there'll be another lock down at the end of may.

physioman wrote: »
    Naturally because we are being restricted. But when things open up they'll go up. Will be like this for the rest of the year. I'd say there'll be another lock down at the end of may.
    Not sure why you'd think that if a significant proportion of the population is vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

My aunt is a home help. She was a close contact of a colleague who tested positive. My aunt was told by her boss to continue working while waiting to be tested. She refused and isolated. This was last October. She tested negative afterwards.

In addition she was told not to tell clients she was a close contact and not to reach out to them to notify them if she tested positive. She fully planned to tell them herself if she was positive so as to minimise risk of them passing it on to someone else.

• Advertisement

Daisy03 wrote: »
    My aunt is a home help. She was a close contact of a colleague who tested positive. My aunt was told by her boss to continue working while waiting to be tested. She refused and isolated. This was last October. She tested negative afterwards.

In addition she was told not to tell clients she was a close contact and not to reach out to them to notify them if she tested positive. She fully planned to tell them herself if she was positive so as to minimise risk of them passing it on to someone else.
    Based on what I've heard about my friend's story today this scenario also happened, boss told carer to keep working

Advertisement