Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭RINO87

Yep, best wishes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I know we all fight like cats and dogs at times here and it sometimes get rather tetchy by it's awful to think of any regular poster here being unwell. I really hope you feel better soon, Liz.
    100% well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thanks all, I feel some bit stronger and they are fantastic here in CUH

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    miracle workers inside that place, we're incredibly lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

That's great. They have learned a lot over the last year and improving all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Good to see they are looking after people in the cuh considering the amount of years they've left people on trolleys up there. Did it take covid to change this approach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

mean gene wrote: »
    Good to see they are looking after people in the cuh considering the amount of years they've left people on trolleys up there. Did it take covid to change this approach?

To be fair that's not the fault of the people working there .Its more to do with the mismanagement of the hse .

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

Great to hear they are looking after you! I wish you a speedy recovery.

76 cases in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

Glad to hear, get well soon.

• Advertisement

is that really an appropriate comment to make?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm in CUH now as oxygen low

Hope you feel better soon, all the best.

is that really an appropriate comment to make?

Just facts isn't it. Just because your old fella or whoever works there doesn't hide the way the place used be.

Hospital Update as of 2pm Saturday
    National 1177 up from 1158.

Just facts isn't it. Just because your old fella or whoever works there doesn't hide the way the place used be.
    Yeah because that's the healthcare workers' fault. Get a grip man.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

I don't think he/she said it was.....

No point glossing over the fact that the health sector is a deliberately mismanaged shambles, focusing only on the hordes of pen pushers.

The nurses and carers are an absolute credit and keep things afloat in spite of any support from management.

Wasn't on abt the staff I was on abt the place but you fill in your own narrative constantly get a grip man and take time off here youve lost the plot with your copy and paste posts looking for thumbs up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Wasn't on abt the staff I was on abt the place but you fill in your own narrative constantly get a grip man and take time off here youve lost the plot with your copy and paste posts looking for thumbs up

That makes no sense. What is wrong with the place?

I have no connection to anyone whatsoever in CUH but have had many many trips there with my elderly parents and I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about it. The whole health sector gets a bad rap as it is an easy target for opposition politicians (whoever they may be at any given time). Of course there are problems (like EVERYWHERE else) but they do a damn good job. I am not sure how a place can be a problem in this context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just catching up with the thread, so sorry to hear you are so unwell, JP Liz. Wishing you a speedy recovery, take care of yourself.
    You are in good hands and you always have your friends here if you need some virtual company xx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Hope the food isn't too mank.

After fasting for surgery in there a while back, I had the best tea and toast ever.

Wishing you speedy recovery Liz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

quote="mean gene;116187344"]Good to see they are looking after people in the cuh considering the amount of years they've left people on trolleys up there. Did it take covid to change this approach?

You make a valid observation. As someone said already it was never the healthcare staffs fault. They were only doing what they could. But in a weird way Covid was a good thing. Massive changes happening that were in the pipeline but it took the covid crisis for them to be implemented. Changes not only in how hospitals are run but changes in primary care. All.positive really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

physioman wrote: »
    You make a valid observation. As someone said already it was never the healthcare staffs fault. They were only doing what they could. But in a weird way Covid was a good thing. Massive changes happening that were in the pipeline but it took the covid crisis for them to be implemented. Changes not only in how hospitals are run but changes in primary care. All.positive really.

Really? Lots of GPs aren't seeing patients in person, most or all elective surgeries cancelled, nobody in hospital allowed visitors, lots of scanning facilities not happening. There will be a backlog of other illnesses from all of these things whenever restrictions ease. I hate to be so negative but honestly can't see how this will have improved the health service operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Really? Lots of GPs aren't seeing patients in person, most or all elective surgeries cancelled, nobody in hospital allowed visitors, lots of scanning facilities not happening. There will be a backlog of other illnesses from all of these things whenever restrictions ease. I hate to be so negative but honestly can't see how this will have improved the health service operation?

I suppose if your not knowledgeable of the long term plan yes the short term issues are there. But services will be streamlined in the future. It has been the biggest shift in the work practices I've ever seen in the HSE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I suppose if your not knowledgeable of the long term plan yes the short term issues are there. But services will be streamlined in the future. It has been the biggest shift in the work practices I've ever seen in the HSE.

Fair enough, I look forward to it in that case if you're right. Just hope we don't pay too high a price through those short term issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What do u mean services will be streamlined?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Without getting into some rabid argument, I suppose the argument could be made that the HSE has, historically, been unwieldy and resistant to change but this last year has seen the system able to pivot and adapt.
    That may bode well for the future.

Just a thought.

.........the HSE has, historically, been unwieldy and resistant to change but this last year has seen the system able to pivot and adapt..........

Indeed, where previously "no" & "can't" etc were default responses and attitudes the pandemic saw such cultural issues take a back seat to actually getting things done.

63 cases in Cork today.

Augeo wrote: »
    Hospital Update as of 2pm Saturday
    National 1177 up from 1158.

as of 2pm today (Sunday), 1,204 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 178 are in ICU..... Another increase in hospital numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

Relatively few patients are discharged at the weekend and the numbers hospitalised will nearly always climb at the weekend.

Advertisement