Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm doing well, was moved into a shared room, the staff here in CUH are brilliant

You must be so relieved! Delighted to hear you’re doing well hopefully now you’ll get home soon

marno21 wrote: »
    1212 in hospital on Sunday gone, 1100 in hospital last night. Should be a decent drop again today in line with the usual stable figures over the weekends.

1032 is latest...... after 45 admissions and 91 discharges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Does anyone know if I can buy shoes anywhere? I think with the lockdown before Christmas, Dunnes cut off their clothes department. I haven't been anywhere near Dunnes or a clothes shop in months, so is it the same again? Or is shopping online my only option?

I badly need new shoes. I have holes in mine that's letting in water.

Online your only option right now I’d say ... if you are looking for speedy delivery I ordered a pair of boots from M&M Direct on fri 29jan & they were delivered the following Monday! They have always been quick - and I was expecting a delay because of brexit/COVID but no. I don’t even select the fast delivery option and it still only takes a couple of days.

In contrast I ordered from Mark & spencer the same day and only got my deliveries yesterday & today. Although that was mostly due to both packages being separately sent to Blackrock in dublin despite Cork & the eir code being clearly printed on the label !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs has to have another test.
    Again, we're pretty sure that it's a throat infection but GP isn't taking any chances.
    Hopefully, result will be quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Mrs has to have another test.
    Again, we're pretty sure that it's a throat infection but GP isn't taking any chances.
    Hopefully, result will be quick!

Slow result is better, they seem to prioritise getting back to the positive cases first, for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Has the RTÉ app stopped sending people alerts with the Daily figures? I haven’t gotten any in a few days on iOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Has the RTÉ app stopped sending people alerts with the Daily figures? I haven’t gotten any in a few days on iOS

Now that you say it, I don't remember getting a notification for them in weeks (not that I'm missing it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Now that you say it, I don't remember getting a notification for them in weeks (not that I'm missing it)

Easily over a week but I don’t think it’s been weeks but it’s possible

Slow result is better, they seem to prioritise getting back to the positive cases first, for obvious reasons.

We're very confident that it isn't Covid.
    The only symptom is a sore throat - no temperature - but the GP requested a test. Nothing to do but go along with it and isolate in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

I have been getting them daily on iOS

• Advertisement

Very fast testing!
    Only phoned the doctor this morning and she's already been tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

That is quick.

I hope the results come in quickly as well and it's negative. It will put your minds at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I phoned my GP at 2.45, at 3.15 I was told I had a test booked for 5.20 in the North Link Busisness park, got the result a day and a half later. Negative (tg), this was in mid December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Very fast testing!
    Only phoned the doctor this morning and she's already been tested.

Seems like testing is very quiet, this is the second time ive heard today about super fast testing times in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

In fairness, even during the peak of things in early January, testing was being done within the day (or at least within 24 hrs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,098 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

54 further COVID19 related deaths are being reported today.

The HPSC confirms they have been notified of a further 1,006 cases of COVID19 in the Republic of Ireland.

63 of the cases reported today are in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭Be right back

54 further COVID19 related deaths are being reported today.

The HPSC confirms they have been notified of a further 1,006 cases of COVID19 in the Republic of Ireland.

63 of the cases reported today are in Cork

Hope you are doing OK.... All the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,098 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope you are doing OK.... All the best.

I'm doing good, hope to be going home tomorrow, thank you, I'm starved which is good, can't wait for a pizza ;)

I will irritate again, the staff in CUH could not do enough, the porter makes me laugh with his stories and there is some great fight back come backs from older folks so don't write them off

Once this is over and we get back to some normality I am going to attend even the worse events and enjoy myself, live life to the fullest each day, take care everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Thanks for the updates Liz, think I speak for us all that we are genuinely wishing you well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭Be right back

I'm doing good, hope to be going home tomorrow, thank you, I'm starved which is good, can't wait for a pizza ;)

I will irritate again, the staff in CUH could not do enough, the porter makes me laugh with his stories and there is some great fight back come backs from older folks so don't write them off

Once this is over and we get back to some normality I am going to attend even the worse events and enjoy myself, live life to the fullest each day, take care everyone

Fabulous news. Well deserved pizza!

• Advertisement

well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

So good to hear that - enjoy the pizza, you deserve it :)

Even before all this, the staff in CUH were great.
    I remember my dad ending up on a trolley for days there (literally a trolley in the corridor) when he was about 90.
    He had far more to say about the best of care he was getting than the ignominy of being on a trolley.
    And my dad was well able to complain!

Negative result back in about 20 hours.
    From first contact to test result was just over 24 hours.
    That's fast!

Good news but really only confirmation of what we knew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Even before all this, the staff in CUH were great.
    I remember my dad ending up on a trolley for days there (literally a trolley in the corridor) when he was about 90.
    He had far more to say about the best of care he was getting than the ignominy of being on a trolley.
    And my dad was well able to complain!

Exactly this....I went thru this a few times with my father also and he never had a bad word to say about the care or the staff. While trolleys are far from ideal, I sometimes feel politicians and the press make more of it than necessary for their own reasons.

39 cases in Cork today

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 26/01/2021 to 08/02/2021

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 109 (-129), LEA rate per 100k pop: 292.5 (-346.1)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 65 (-36), LEA rate per 100k pop: 289.9 (-160.5)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 69 (-25), LEA rate per 100k pop: 196.4 (-71.1)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 48 (-29), LEA rate per 100k pop: 140.7 (-85)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 130 (-63), LEA rate per 100k pop: 308.3 (-149.4)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 91 (-73), LEA rate per 100k pop: 226.4 (-181.7)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 81 (-45), LEA rate per 100k pop: 209.5 (-116.4)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 110 (-49), LEA rate per 100k pop: 257.1 (-114)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 87 (-65), LEA rate per 100k pop: 184.9 (-138.2)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 101 (-56), LEA rate per 100k pop: 277.4 (-153.8)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 78 (-38), LEA rate per 100k pop: 312.8 (-152.4)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 50 (-38), LEA rate per 100k pop: 135.7 (-103.1)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 88 (-28), LEA rate per 100k pop: 301.8 (-89.2)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 105 (-90), LEA rate per 100k pop: 231.1 (-198)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 60 (-39), LEA rate per 100k pop: 198.1 (-128.8)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Case numbers dropping & dropping. By next week we could be down to 20 a day. That’s nothing for a place the size of Cork. They should imo, but won’t, consider opening things up a little bit.

Nothing crazy like bars but schools and construction maybe. Increase 5km to 20km or stay in your own county.

On a regional basis. Just had a quick look on the app there at other counties and some are in single digits. Hard to justify Level 5 with those numbers. Keep hotspots locked down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Case numbers dropping & dropping. By next week we could be down to 20 a day. That’s nothing for a place the size of Cork. They should imo, but won’t, consider opening things up a little bit.

Nothing crazy like bars but schools and construction maybe. Increase 5km to 20km or stay in your own county.

On a regional basis. Just had a quick look on the app there at other counties and some are in single digits. Hard to justify Level 5 with those numbers. Keep hotspots locked down.

How can they still keep the 5km after March 5th if the numbers are that low.

• Advertisement

H8GHOTI wrote: »

Yeah I agree, the numbers we have for a county our size at the moment are incredibly small

Advertisement