Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,097 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm home thank god, thanks for all your wishes and everyone take care and stay safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Be right back

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm home thank god, thanks for all your wishes and everyone take care and stay safe

Fantastic to hear that. All the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Delighted to hear that - make sure to look after yourself.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Delighted to hear that - make sure to look after yourself.

I will be pumping vitamins of all sorts into myself and again they were great in CUH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I will be pumping vitamins of all sorts into myself and again they were great in CUH

Liz, did they recommend specific vitamins to you? I take vitamin D daily but wondering if they mentioned any other specific ones.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Liz, did they recommend specific vitamins to you? I take vitamin D daily but wondering if they mentioned any other specific ones.

I was not given any but others talked of vitamin C, D, B12, B6 and Zinc

87 cases in Cork today.

It's estimated it'll be 6 weeks before we are down to 100/200 cases per day nationwide. It looks to be that level they want before there will be a significant reopening.
    After Easter so at best, presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

My grandad who is almost 86 got onto his GP today. They had no information whatsover. They had no idea who will be contacting him when the time comes or even if they will be getting the vaccine at all. Its a fairly large clinic. Not sure how many people they would have on their books.

A friend got an automated text from his gp today saying they are registered to give the vaccine and basically we will be in touch when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

87 cases in Cork today.

Jesus wept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Can't fully understand how there is still 100 odd cases a day in Cork....

Basically down to the mockya Level 5, I suppose...

And I've a feeling a lot of them are within hospitals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Mardyke wrote: »

Round it up anyway

Can't fully understand how there is still 87 odd cases a day in Cork....

🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Can't fully understand how there is still 87 odd cases a day in Cork....

��

That was today, so not per day

Tough crowd....

Daisy03 wrote: »
    My grandad who is almost 86 got onto his GP today. They had no information whatsover. They had no idea who will be contacting him when the time comes or even if they will be getting the vaccine at all. Its a fairly large clinic. Not sure how many people they would have on their books.

A friend got an automated text from his gp today saying they are registered to give the vaccine and basically we will be in touch when the time comes.

Heard the radio yesterday abt a fella 95 who's heard nothing abt his vaccine. Roll out is jokeshop giving it to the likes of admin staff in cuh South infirmary etc and leaving others behind

Did anyone honestly think the vaccine rollout was going to be anything other than a shambles??!

Look at who's in charge....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Did anyone honestly think the vaccine rollout was going to be anything other than a shambles??!

Look at who's in charge....

WHO's in charge? Don't think so.

There was 39 cases yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

I rang my aunt who's 87 earlier to see if she'd heard anything from her GP today but zip. Hopefully early next week given it's all supposed to kick off on Monday as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My mother (91)is booked for vaccination next Wednesday. Heard today through gp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

We're among the best in Europe in the vaccine rollout. Enough said.

We're among the best in Europe in the vaccine rollout. Enough said.

Well those heroes not in the front line doing photocopying and other services got it brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Level 42 wrote: »
    Well those heroes not in the front line doing photocopying and other services got it brilliant

Not fair! You need the back up from admin and their experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

My Mam 87 has heard nothing yet. Really hope she’ll hear next week.

Ireland has the most vaccinated photocopiers in Europe...

The actual machine...

Good news tonight, CUH has dropped below 50 patients finally. 46 in there with 13 in ICU.
    17 in Mercy with 4 in ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I actually rang my gp yesterday and they basically told me to keep an eye on social media because they know nothing

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    I actually rang my gp yesterday and they basically told me to keep an eye on social media because they know nothing

GPs are being contacted one by one depending on supply, not every GP will be doing it at the same time

• Advertisement

saabsaab wrote: »
    Not fair! You need the back up from admin and their experience.

Indeed who else is gonna make those phone calls and send them their appointment.

Advertisement