Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

GPs are being contacted one by one depending on supply, not every GP will be doing it at the same time

What a shambles. Expected though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

calnand wrote: »
    Well there's 30 booths, and you need to wait 15mins after the vaccine so say 20mins per person to administer, but there will have to be cleaning of the booths before the next person so that could be 30mins. So if we assume 3 an hour per booth, more than likely it will probably follow normal hours so 9-5. So that puts it at 720 a day.

But if they are purely using the cubicles for the post vaccine wait, then they could administer them in the millennium hall, and assign people a booth to wait after. Could get through a lot more that way.

Turns out I was very wrong, up to 2,400 a day seven days a week.

https://twitter.com/EoinBearla/status/1360342470626848769?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Mardyke wrote: »

Would you prefer if they waited till they had enough vaccine for all to distribute it?

12 HR days probably.... Jab in booth so & communal 15 minute thing after. 5 mins ish in the booth.

Augeo wrote: »
    The booths are most definitely for administering the vaccine.... Likely for the 15 minutes post vaccine also but that could be done in a communal setting.
    I got it a couple of weeks ago. Jab in private, 15 mins communal (socially distant of course).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Augeo wrote: »
    12 HR days probably.... Jab in booth so & communal 15 minute thing after. 5 mins ish in the booth.

Communal waiting? With covid? God, all they care about is the vaccines but if you catch it there, they have done their job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Communal waiting? With covid? God, all they care about is the vaccines but if you catch it there, they have done their job.

Masks on, hand sanitiser on entry, with someone policing that if needs be (no noses poking over the top allowed) and seats 2m apart means communal waiting is not an issue. A few minutes in a booth which was sanitised after me and 15 mins in a communal waiting room is exactly how mine was administered as a healthcare worker after standing in a socially distant queue for half an hour.

People spend a lot more than 15min on buses, some with their masks half on, sitting not always 2m apart but I don't think too many clusters have been linked back to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Capacity and how many will actually be done are completely different things. We were told great things about e voting machines one upon a time. .. MM was in government also at the time.

Socially distanced, well ventilated. Masked. Therell be no close contacts established if done to best practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just like supermarkets etc, it's the old lad who has the mask around his chin and coughing away but you're stuck in a waiting room with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

TheDriver wrote: »
    Just like supermarkets etc, it's the old lad who has the mask around his chin and coughing away but you're stuck in a waiting room with him.

Comparing a mass vaccination centre (run by the health services) to a supermarket isn't exactly a fair comparison now, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

I have absolutely zero faith that this 2400 doses a day, 7 days a week is correct. Until the government actual achieves something I wish the media would correctly
    report these statements as claims and not facts.

I expect in 1 months time this number will be changed or forgotten about given the recent performance of the government

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

User142 wrote: »
    I have absolutely zero faith that this 2400 doses a day, 7 days a week is correct. Until the government actual achieves something I wish the media would correctly
    report these statements as claims and not facts.

I expect in 1 months time this number will be changed or forgotten about given the recent performance of the government
    Can you explain why you think the government have messed up/will mess up this vaccination campaign? Almost every dose received has been administered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Comparing a mass vaccination centre (run by the health services) to a supermarket isn't exactly a fair comparison now, is it?

There is a widespread lack of challenging reasons for not wearing a mask properly or at all. And even when someone has a reason not to wear a mask, i still don't feel comfortable being beside them.
    I don't see this being any different at a vaccination centre.
    Picture a scenario of an 80 year old who isn't wearing their mask properly sitting in the common recovery area. Do you think security/team leaders etc are going to challenge them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

There is a widespread lack of challenging reasons for not wearing a mask properly or at all. And even when someone has a reason not to wear a mask, i still don't feel comfortable being beside them.
    Picture a scenario of an 80 year old who isn't wearing their mask properly sitting in the common recovery area. Do you think security/team leaders etc are going to challenge them?

I think a doctor, nurse or other healthcare worker will not hesitate for a moment to tell someone to mask up / wear a mask correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

So what is the alternative to a communal waiting/monitoring area? One person at a time in to the centre, wait until they are done and monitored for 15 mins before next person in? Like everything, there is a balance to be struck.

Someone earlier seemed to say the whole thing is a shambles because not all GPs giving out vaccine at same time. How can that work when there are very real issues around distributing at low temperatures.

Another one criticised HSE admin staff getting vaccines. Really? Who will keep the service running administratively (booking vaccine appts, etc).

Some of the criticism is a bit ridiculous and has obviously not even been given a minute or twos thought before jumping up and down about how bad things are. There are valid things to criticise no doubt but at least give it some rational thought first.

Ludo wrote: »
    So what is the alternative to a communal waiting/monitoring area? One person at a time in to the centre, wait until they are done and monitored for 15 mins before next person in? Like everything, there is a balance to be struck.

Someone earlier seemed to say the whole thing is a shambles because not all GPs giving out vaccine at same time. How can that work when there are very real issues around distributing at low temperatures.

Another one criticised HSE admin staff getting vaccines. Really? Who will keep the service running administratively (booking vaccine appts, etc).

Some of the criticism is a bit ridiculous and has obviously not even been given a minute or twos thought before jumping up and down about how bad things are. There are valid things to criticise no doubt but at least give it some rational thought first.
    Very well said

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

Mardyke wrote: »

You are so right. A couple of hundred elderly should be rammed into one vaccination booth at the same time. Anything else is a shambles.

Can you explain why you think the government have messed up/will mess up this vaccination campaign? Almost every dose received has been administered.

From Twitter:
    Stephen Donnelly, Jan 13th, on the PatKennyNT
    show on over-70s:

"Everyone over-70 would have a first dose and most people a second dose within the next 11 weeks" (March 31st)

Donnelly, Feb 11th:

"March was the completion of dose one. It's not a shift from March to May"

From that until I see something happen I won't believe it. I refuse to be gaslighted on vaccines anymore by this government. When that site is vaccinating 2400 a day, then I will believe it. This government gaslights too much now to trust them on figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,689 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

34 cases in Cork!

From Twitter:
    Stephen Donnelly, Jan 13th, on the PatKennyNT
    show on over-70s:

"Everyone over-70 would have a first dose and most people a second dose within the next 11 weeks" (March 31st)

Donnelly, Feb 11th:

"March was the completion of dose one. It's not a shift from March to May"

From that until I see something happen I won't believe it. I refuse to be gaslighted on vaccines anymore by this government. When that site is vaccinating 2400 a day, then I will believe it. This government gaslights too much now to trust them on figures.

You completely misunderstood Donnelly, I recommend listening to his interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,097 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

34 cases in Cork!

66 further deaths - RIP

1,078 new confirmed cases

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    66 further deaths - RIP

1,078 new confirmed cases

How are you feeling after being let out from hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Oh jp, you're out? That's brilliant news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Be right back

Getting my first vaccine next week! Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,097 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How are you feeling after being let out from hospital?
    deise08 wrote: »
    Oh jp, you're out? That's brilliant news.

I'm feeling good, my back sore but I am getting there, thank you

I was constantly wearing masks and being careful and I caught it, you cannot tell who has it and who hasn't, hopefully the vaccine roll out can start soon and we reduce deaths and cases, take care everyone and stay safe and strong

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Leave out the personal attacks please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

So it'll be six years before everyone has their first dose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

wrangler wrote: »
    So it'll be six years before everyone has their first dose

Yes, if every person in Ireland was being vaccinated in Cork City Hall. But I’m pretty sure there will be other vaccination centres in the country too...

You completely misunderstood Donnelly, I recommend listening to his interview.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/level-5-restrictions-likely-to-stay-for-two-months-says-varadkar-1.4443995

"It will probably be towards the end of February or early March before a critical mass of the population is vaccinated and I think we need to operate on the basis that these restrictions will be in place until then,”

This was Leo on December 22nd. I think people need to start treating any statements by the government on vaccination numbers as wild claims based on absolute best circumstance. I look forward to being proved wrong on the 2400 number but I won't believe its true until I see it.

• Advertisement

This was Leo on December 22nd. I think people need to start treating any statements by the government on vaccination numbers as wild claims based on absolute best circumstance. I look forward to being proved wrong on the 2400 number but I won't believe its true until I see it.
    22nd December? The day after the first approval with 0 delivery schedule. Right...

Advertisement