Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Based on the last figures released, we've finally surpassed 5 jabs per 100 people nationally. We're still among the top handful in the EU, but the daily rate* has been on the decline for the last 5 days posted, presumably due to the shortfall in vaccine availability.

( * well, the daily 7-day average, if that makes sense)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Auckland has gone into shutdown over 3 positive cases!

I can't help feeling that if we had 3 positive cases, we'd rerun Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Auckland has gone into shutdown over 3 positive cases!

I can't help feeling that if we had 3 positive cases, we'd rerun Christmas.

So zero covid approach also means going from lockdown to lockdown except the lockdown is stricter. Some would have you believe that it means everyone gets back to precovid behaviour after one strict lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Their lockdowns are a lot shorter to be fair. 2 weeks and you're done, none of this 6-12 week at a go with only lockdown lite to look forward to between lockdowns ****.

Though given Australia/NZ with their remote locations , very strict hotel quarantines and no RO/RO freight still manage to let a few cases through and need to lockdown as a result, I'd love to know how Irish zero covid advocates plan to manage the border with Northern Ireland and all the truck drivers regularly arriving from UK/France.

Zero covid is a straw no one will be sh1tting on about clutching by autumn all going well .... Hindsight merchants will likely never let it go however. Yellow vesters etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,097 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry stupid question but are you allowed to pick which vaccine you want prefer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry stupid question but are you allowed to pick which vaccine you want prefer?

That's a very good question, imo.
    I don't know the answer, though, I suspect not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Stark

In 2022 maybe :)

Nope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Karmella wrote: »
    Online your only option right now I’d say ... if you are looking for speedy delivery I ordered a pair of boots from M&M Direct on fri 29jan & they were delivered the following Monday! They have always been quick - and I was expecting a delay because of brexit/COVID but no. I don’t even select the fast delivery option and it still only takes a couple of days.

In contrast I ordered from Mark & spencer the same day and only got my deliveries yesterday & today. Although that was mostly due to both packages being separately sent to Blackrock in dublin despite Cork & the eir code being clearly printed on the label !!

Just wanted to come back and thank you for your suggestion. I've been making do with an old pair of shoes with worn soles but no holes. But ordered a new pair of shoes on m&m direct on Friday. And received tracking number yesterday, so looks like I'll be getting a new pair of shoes on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,689 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

From my understanding I don't think you can.
    If you could I think everybody would like one of the one jab one's whenever they arrive.
    Also, people don't seem to gone on the Astra one.
    So, I take it you take what you are given for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Just wanted to come back and thank you for your suggestion. I've been making do with an old pair of shoes with worn soles but no holes. But ordered a new pair of shoes on m&m direct on Friday. And received tracking number yesterday, so looks like I'll be getting a new pair of shoes on Monday.

No problem :) I started using them during the first lockdown last year, and am pleasantly surprised that they don’t seem to be affected by brexit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

28 cases in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

28 cases in Cork today

It’s good to see such low numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Be right back

Cork Lass wrote: »
    It’s good to see such low numbers.

It really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Karmella wrote: »
    No problem :) I started using them during the first lockdown last year, and am pleasantly surprised that they don’t seem to be affected by brexit.

I also think ASOS are quite good, I did an order with them recently and it arrived way sooner than the estimated date.

5 day moving average of cases in Cork is now 50 - exactly 7 days ago it was 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,097 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

17 additional deaths RIP

788 new cases confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

No.

The over 70s are guaranteed to be allocated the more effective Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

By Easter we should be in a good place with a small number of new cases per day and a decent amount vaccinated. There'll be quite a few deaths between now and then though sadly.

Fingers crossed folk stick to the regulations diligently as best they can, that's all any of us can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

28 cases in Cork today

Remarkable drop from 100 a day, well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Augeo wrote: »
    By Easter we should be in a good place with a small number of new cases per day and a decent amount vaccinated.

It'll be warming up a bit, we'll have an extra hour of evening daylight in late March, we may be allowed county-wide travel so will be able to go to the coast.

It won't be long before we hear the late evening buzz of lawnmowers and clinking of cutlery at back yard barbecues.

Things are going to get easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mr.oiseau

It'll be warming up a bit, we'll have an extra hour of evening daylight in late March, we may be allowed county-wide travel so will be able to go to the coast.

It won't be long before we hear the late evening buzz of lawnmowers and clinking of cutlery at back yard barbecues.

Things are going to get easier.

<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I can’t see county wide travel being introduced until after Easter and to be honest I’d be okay with that. We’ve done well the last few weeks and I’d like to see it through so that we never have to go into lockdown again. I’d be happy enough if they allowed us to meet up with family / friends outside. If they allow countywide travel everyone will make their way to coastal towns for Easter holidays and that’s the last thing we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’d like to see it through so that we never have to go into lockdown again.

A sense of deja vu about that

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

A 'stay within your own county' guidance would certainly give us plenty of scope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

User142 wrote: »
    This was Leo on December 22nd. I think people need to start treating any statements by the government on vaccination numbers as wild claims based on absolute best circumstance. I look forward to being proved wrong on the 2400 number but I won't believe its true until I see it.

THIS

LV,MM, SD have been throwing around various figures since December along with input from Paul Reid and others from the HSE. The only real number worth talking about is how many have been fully vaccinated to date. Having the vaccinations centres set up and ready to go counts for little unless there is supply and enough people to administer the doses.

Projected figures is a bit like promised All Ireland tickets until the jab is in the arm you don't have it...

The mass vaccination centres for Cork have been announced:
    1) Páirc Uí Chaoimh, The Marina, Cork City
    2) Cork City Hall, Anglesea Street, Cork City
    3) MTU Campus Melbourn Building, Melbourn Rd., Bishopstown, Cork City
    4) Bantry PCC, Bantry, Co. Cork
    5) Mallow GAA Club, Mallow, Co. Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Melbourn is a very good location for it. It is a huge centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Has their been any indication when these will begin operating?

Advertisement